Our guiding principle has always been to make things better. It all began with the plan to build a low-maintenance rotary lobe pump of the highest quality. In the meantime, Börger manufactures many other products. We have remained true to our guiding principle for all these products – combining a long service life with unrivalled low maintenance. Our company history has been shaped by a continuous flow of new developments and innovations. One thing is extremely important to us: honest, reliable and cooperative relations with our customers, suppliers and employees. Flat hierarchies, short communication paths and working independently and responsibly characterise the work at Börger. We believe qualified, highly-motivated employees are just as crucial as having a constant dialogue with the customer. Our aim is to keep improving our products and continue to launch new products and solutions for our customers.
Borger UK Limited
East Wing-Old School,
Watling St. Gailey
Boerger's Pumps work wonders for Birse Water
In conjunction with Birse Water, pumps designed and manufactured by B®rger are playing a key role in the continuous improvement of processes at one of the UK®s largest sewage treatment works.
A total of 27 ATEX-approved pumps from B®rger are now in operation, where an average of 500 million litres of sewage is treated every day.
Almost 7.5m above the water level, 16 B®rger CL260 pumps (5.5kw) are providing a reliable priming system for the main Storm Return Pumps, whilst a further three Borger units (FL518s) pump washwater from newly installed screenings conveyors. These pumps are working continuously against a four-metre lift.
Eight further PST scum removal pumps requiring a two-metre lift (and supplied with vertically mounted gearbox arrangement) have been installed in a very restricted space, as Aidan Spillane, Projects Director for Birse Water explains:
®This is just one of several examples of how B®rger and Birse Water have worked closely together in order to identify and introduce the best pumps for specific uses®.
He added: ®Borger®s pumps have an excellent lift capability and are proving very effective in dealing with rags. Overall, they are making a significant, positive impact, enhancing the overall process performance®.
Products & Services
- Rotary Lobe Pumps 01/01/1900 00:00:00Boerger's wastewater pumping solutions. Boerger®s MIP (Maintenance In Place) design of its highly durable Rotary Lobe Pump ensures an absolute minimum of downtime for virtually any wastewater or sludge application.
- Boerger Powerfeed 01/01/1900 00:00:00Optimum Anaerobic Digestion
- Grit Pumps 01/01/1900 00:00:00Boerger's Pumps work wonders for Birse Water
- B®rger Multichopper 01/01/1900 00:00:00The Boerger Multichopper is a comminution device with perforated disk and a multiple-blade cutter blade rotating on the supply-flow side for solid matter included in liquids. It cuts up coarse materials, which can then be comminuted. Multichoppers are applied mainly with diluted media, however, they are also employed in many other industrial sectors.
- Positive Displacement Pumps 01/01/1900 00:00:00Rotary Lobe Pumps are self-priming, valveless, positive displacement pumps. Two synchronized rotors rotating against each other build chambers towards the pump casing. At the suction side the open chambers fill with the conveyed product. The product is displaced in the direction of the volume flow into the discharge side. The capacity is speed related and the flow is reversible. At standstill the rotors the pump nearly perfect seal.