Eliquo Hydrok Ltd has extensive experience and track record of working with all the major Water Utility companies throughout the UK and Eire. Head office and main manufacturing base is, located in Cornwall, with additional satellite 'service and installation' depots throughout the country in the areas where we operate. Quality standards in all areas of manufacturing and people are a paramount factor in the delivery of the Eliquo Hydrok service and there is great pride in the approach to delivering environmentally considerate, cost effective and practical solutions with a progressive workforce, both within the factory, the design office and throughout the company. Eliquo Hydrok provide Water Engineering Solutions to all manner of complex and simple problems. The experienced in-house design teams are available to help identify and discuss the requirement and, should any of our standard products not be the perfect solution, our in-house manufacturing facility enables us to produce bespoke designs to suit a particular need. The company have an established ethos of continuous personal development (CPD) both externally, through client workshops, and internally through graduate and apprenticeship programmes. Eliquo Hydrok Ltd became a member of the Eliquo Water Group in 2016 through the acquisition of Hydrok UK Ltd by ELIQUO WATER GROUP GmbH . As a result of this, the new company has been able to add to the already existing extensive solution and product portfolio by the intro
Mr David Armstrong
Warren Road Indian Queens Ind Est Indian Queens
Eliquo Hydrok Aeration and IFAS systems
At the root of each Eliquo Hydrok aeration solution is an Aquaconsult AEROSTRIP® diffuser. This range of ultra fine bubble diffusers transfer oxygen to effluent more effectively than any other type. This efficiency allows the designers at Eliquo Hydrok to reduce blower sizes, reduce air main diameters, and make savings on valves and other hardware.
Energy efficiencies in the range 40% over existing systems are being provided. By adopting the Eliquo Hydrok solution, immediate cost savings can be gained, or perhaps more significantly, existing plants can be upgraded - with the increased efficiency the capacity of an existing plant can be increased, sometimes eliminating the need for costly civil structures or new sites.
The operational life of an Aquaconsult diffuser is typically in the range of 14-20 years, and with the unique way in which the membranes self- clean, whole life costs are reduced, and man entry into tanks for maintenance purposes is avoided.
The increased efficiency of the Aquaconsult AEROSTRIP® diffuser is due to the very fine bubble that is generated - this presents a greater surface area for any given volume of air to the flow compared to any other system. However, increased efficiency is also provided due to the general arrangement of the diffusers and the fact that they are secured directly to the tank floor; this increases contact time, and the curtain effect of the bubble pattern avoids dead areas.
- Flat design, allowing the ‘AEROSTRIP®’ to be fastened directly to the floor of the tank
- Capable of intermittent operation allowing for both nitrification and de-nitrification
- Water flow created by a mixer is not hindered by the diffusers, unlike a dome design
- No precipitations can occur underneath the diffusers
- Oxygen transfer efficiency up to 60%
- Aeration efficiency 3 to 5 kg O2/kWh
- 0 to 100% control of air flow range
- Non-clogging diffuser membrane
- Low maintenance requirements and costs
- Extended operational life expectancy
Enhanced Biomass Fixed Bed System
The Eliquo Hydrok IFAS (Integrated Fixed-Film Activated Sludge) system has been developed utilising the Biotextil Cleartec media for which Eliquo Hydrok are the appointed sole UK distributor. When used in conjunction with the Aquaconsult AEROSTRIP® diffusers this system offers even further efficiencies within the treatment process.
Biotextil Cleartec is a textile product made of 100% polypropylene which by the nature of its construction creates a large specific surface area on which biomass can grow. The construction of the material permits good oxygen supply and prevents excessive growth of thick layers of biomass thus maintaining the optimum efficiency of the process.
The Biotextil Cleartec curtains are positioned directly above the diffusers, housed in a removable frame, set parallel to the flow. The configuration of the material allows for flexibility and movement within the flow of the tank, leading to an enhanced performance, this in turn increases the capacity of the wastewater treatment plant.
To maximise the volume capacity of the treatment tank, diffusers should be as close to the base as possible with the Biotextil Cleartec curtains positioned ideally between 40cm and 60cm above the diffusers. The best possible scenario is the combination of the low profile ultra-fine bubble diffusers and the Biotextil Cleartec media.
The curtains are set to allow the flow to pass between them horizontally, with the diffusers creating a vertical flow. As a result, the curtains are in constant motion and if thicker active sludge layers should attempt to settle on the material these are shaken off and removed as a result of the movement. This 'shedding' process prevents blockages and maintains optimum efficiencies and minimum energy requirements.
Eliquo Hydrok are able to construct a bespoke cage system which incorporates both elements, this allows them to be lifted for routine maintenance without interfering with the operational activity of the plant.
Products & Services
- Eliquo Hydrok Tertiary Filtration phosphorus and micro pollutant solutions 17/01/2013 14:54:00The Eliquo Hydrok - Mecana range of Pile Cloth Media Filters are available to treat flows ranging from 3 l/sec to 250 l/sec in steel tank units. The filters are normally installed in multiple concrete tanks, the largest flow being 9,250 l/sec to-date. Alternatively bespoke stainless steel tanks can be designed and manufactured to suit the requirement. Retrofit into existing tanks is possible.
- Eliquo Hydrok Sludge Treatment 17/01/2013 14:51:00Eliquo Hydrok offer complete solutions for sludge treatment, from efficient digestion to energy-optimised drying. The Eliquo Hydrok experience in sludge treatment is comprehensive. Sludge thickening, digestion, dewatering and drying are all part of our portfolio. With our proprietary, innovative design concepts, we provide advanced sludge treatment solutions.
- Eliquo Hydrok Flow Control systems 18/01/2018 12:51:00The control and storage of the water flowing through the foul and surface water networks is becoming an increasingly important challenge for engineers within the water UK companies. By utilising good engineering practice and proven control solutions these challenges may be overcome and show efficiencies of cost and performance.
- Eliquo Hydrok Aeration and IFAS systems 17/01/2013 14:43:00At the root of each Eliquo Hydrok aeration solution is an Aquaconsult AEROSTRIP® diffuser. This range of ultra fine bubble diffusers transfer oxygen to effluent more effectively than any other type. This efficiency allows the designers at Eliquo Hydrok to reduce blower sizes, reduce air main diameters, and make savings on valves and other hardware.
- Eliquo Hydrok Screening, Tank and Sewer Cleansing 17/01/2013 14:38:00Eliquo Hydrok have invested in the development of well proven wedge wire screening technology and have supported the UK water companies in the design and installations of reliable, cost effective and low maintenance screening solutions. In addition during times of rainfall the sewers within the network systems become surcharged with combined sewage and storm water. In order to protect the Wastewater Treatment Works from shock loads and also reduce the discharge frequencies over the CSOs, engineers are required to design and install storm water holding tanks and tank sewer pipes.