Lhoist UK produces Neutralac SLS45 high strength liquid lime designed for treating acidic effluents of all types.
Neutralac SLS45 is stronger than any other liquid lime and comparable to 47% Caustic Soda solution.
Neutralac SLS45 is more fluid than any other liquid lime and can be pumped and dosed easily.
Neutralac SLS45 is more reactive than any other liquid lime and in practice is as fast reacting as Caustic Soda solutions.
Patented manufacturing technology gives Neutralac SLS45 a highly stable, low settling formula.
For more details contact Derek Thompson
Lhoist UK Ltd
Neutralac SLS45 in the Metals Industry: Coprecipitation of heavy metals
Neutralac SLS45 has proven itself as a highly effective liquid lime that is safer and superior to other alkali reagents.
Targeted to precipitate heavy metals out of trade effluent streams, it is used to comply with strict European standards, and has been successfully applied at several sites including;
Rimex - stainless steel finishing (Cr)
Hayes Lemmerz - automotive industry (Zn, Fe, Ni)
WHW Hillebrand Galvanotechnik - surface treatment of metal components (Zn, Cu, Ni, Cr, Co)
As well as removing sulfates, phosphates and fluorides, numerous tests have demonstrated the increase in the standard pH range for the
precipitation of metals when using Neutralac SLS45.
In minimizing the risk of redissolution of trace metals, reduction levels of 93% and 70% for Cr and Co respectively have been achieved.
Neutralac SLS45 offers a significant rate of flocculation which combined with its high reactivity, allows for improved processing capacity, and
yields optimum sedimentation of solids.
nique content of 45% Ca(OH)2 solids by weight
Ideal miscibility with effluent streams
A viscosity comparable to traditional fluid reagents
Offers both flocculation and pH adjustment capabilities
Neutralac SLS45 allows for the concurrent precipitation of most metals. Both chromium and zinc for example, can be removed within a single treatment step, allowing for effluent treatment to be streamlined into a more efficient process that reduces overall reagent consumption, as well as reducing running and maintenance costs.
In addition, the resultant filter cake undergoes a high rate of dehydration. This leads to a much dryer filter cake that can be easily detached from filter presses, with some customers benefiting from a reduction of over 30% in the volume of dewatered sludges. This increase in dry matter translates to an improvement in filtration capacity and decreased disposal costs.
Products & Services
- Neutralac SLS45 liquid lime for Caustic Soda replacement 01/01/1900 00:00:00Neutralac SLS45 A simple, cost-effective alternative to caustic soda in water treatment. Lhoist, the world's leading Lime manufacturer, has introduced Neutralac SLS45 a safe, environmentally friendly and highly cost-effective alternative to caustic soda for use in water treatment. Neutralac SLS45 is a cost effective alternative to Caustic Soda and other alkali's due to its unique blend of low viscosity, high concentration and high reactivity. LHOIST's patented technology allows for a solids content of 45% with a consistency of water, making storage and dosing easy.
- Neutralac SLS45 in the Metals Industry: Coprecipitation of heavy metals 01/01/1900 00:00:00Neutralac SLS45 has proven itself as a highly effective liquid lime that is safer and superior to other alkali reagents.
- LimeLight 2 Neutralac news from Lhoist UK 01/01/1900 00:00:00Welcome......
to the second edition of LimeLight, the new, quarterly newsletter from Lhoist UK, the world's leading producer of lime products.
- Neutralac SLS45 in the Food Industry: Ideal for DAF Plants & the Treatment... 01/01/1900 00:00:00Neutralac SLS45 has proven itself as a highly effective liquid lime that is safer and superior to other alkali reagents.
- LimeLight Neutralac news from Lhoist UK 01/01/1900 00:00:00Welcome......to the first edition of LimeLight, the new, quarterly newsletter from Lhoist UK, the world's leading producer of lime products.