Lhoist UK produces Neutralac SLS45 high strength liquid lime designed for treating acidic effluents of all types.
Neutralac SLS45 is stronger than any other liquid lime and comparable to 47% Caustic Soda solution.
Neutralac SLS45 is more fluid than any other liquid lime and can be pumped and dosed easily.
Neutralac SLS45 is more reactive than any other liquid lime and in practice is as fast reacting as Caustic Soda solutions.
Patented manufacturing technology gives Neutralac SLS45 a highly stable, low settling formula.
For more details contact Derek Thompson
Lhoist UK Ltd
Neutralac SLS45 in the Food Industry: Ideal for DAF Plants & the Treatment of fats
Neutralac SLS45 has proven itself as a highly effective liquid lime that is safer and superior to other alkali reagents.
s an innovative product designed to address the main objectives of reducing trade effluent charges and to achieve compliance for sewer discharge, it has been successfully applied to treat;
● Dairy Waste
● Process Waters
● Food Processing Waste (fats, oil, grease)
● Pet Food Effluent
● Waste Waters
Unique content of 45% Ca(OH)2 solids by weight
Ideal miscibility with effluent streams
A viscosity comparable to traditional fluid reagents
Offers both flocculation and pH adjustment capabilities
A leading food manufacturer in northern England produces a number of different fried food products and therefore needed to treat an acidic effluent stream that also contained oils, starches and fats. Before it was discharged into the sea, it needed to be pH neutral and to comply with wastewater directives set by the Environment Agency.
Neutralac SLS45 offered a significant increased rate of flocculation which, combined with its high reactivity, allowed for improved processing capacity. In replacing the commonly used magnesium hydroxide slurry, the immediate price advantage in favour of Neutralac SLS45 was accentuated due to its better handling, dosing and storage properties and a reduction in the aggressive effects on plant equipment that magnesium hydroxide slurry can have.
Pre-Treatment in Dissolved Air Flotation Systems
Neutralac SLS45 has been shown to improve the performance of contaminant removal in DAF processes. Offering both flocculation and pH adjustment capabilities, this 2-in-1 reagent ensures optimum conditions for a new DAF process installed to upgrade an effluent treatment plant for a pet food manufacturer in central England.
tilising Neutralac SLS45 as a reagent for chemical pre-treatment optimized the level of fat, oil and grease removal. More responsive changes to the incoming effluent were immediately noted, and amounted to improved reagent usage. Having supplanted a standard liquid lime, reagent consumption fell by 60%, and expensive polymer additives and caustic soda have been replaced by the more favourably priced Neutralac SLS45 and alum.
Neutralac SLS45 was integrated into existing pumping and dosing systems. Further downstream, the improved dewatering efficiency produced a drier sludge which consequently was cheaper to dispose of.
Products & Services
- Neutralac SLS45 liquid lime for Caustic Soda replacement 01/01/1900 00:00:00Neutralac SLS45 A simple, cost-effective alternative to caustic soda in water treatment. Lhoist, the world's leading Lime manufacturer, has introduced Neutralac SLS45 a safe, environmentally friendly and highly cost-effective alternative to caustic soda for use in water treatment. Neutralac SLS45 is a cost effective alternative to Caustic Soda and other alkali's due to its unique blend of low viscosity, high concentration and high reactivity. LHOIST's patented technology allows for a solids content of 45% with a consistency of water, making storage and dosing easy.
- Neutralac SLS45 in the Metals Industry: Coprecipitation of heavy metals 01/01/1900 00:00:00Neutralac SLS45 has proven itself as a highly effective liquid lime that is safer and superior to other alkali reagents.
- LimeLight 2 Neutralac news from Lhoist UK 01/01/1900 00:00:00Welcome......
to the second edition of LimeLight, the new, quarterly newsletter from Lhoist UK, the world's leading producer of lime products.
- Neutralac SLS45 in the Food Industry: Ideal for DAF Plants & the Treatment... 01/01/1900 00:00:00Neutralac SLS45 has proven itself as a highly effective liquid lime that is safer and superior to other alkali reagents.
- LimeLight Neutralac news from Lhoist UK 01/01/1900 00:00:00Welcome......to the first edition of LimeLight, the new, quarterly newsletter from Lhoist UK, the world's leading producer of lime products.