Established over 25 years ago, WPL is recognised as an international leader in engineering design, manufacture and supply of packaged wastewater treatment process solutions. Offering standardised products and bespoke process solutions for the cost-effective, on-site treatment of wastewater treatment, WPL has delivered on-site process solutions to the domestic, commercial and industrial markets globally. WPL ensure that wastewater treatment plants are designed and proven to exceed all current or proposed discharge consent standards enforced by the UK Environment Agency, SEPA or other regulatory bodies, the directors, managers and staff are committed to ensuring adherence to the following: ISO 9001 certification; OSAS 18001:2007 certification and ISO 14001 certification.
Miss Lianne Ayling
Units 1 Aston Road
UK diamonds set for Sub-Saharan Africa
New industrial estate in sub-saharan Africa requires an off mains drainage solution to treat raw sewage for a residential block, industrial site and a power and fire station.
Key to the project is a competitive price, compact design for transportation and a solution that’s robust and environmentally sensitive to support the conservation of the surrounding rugged African landscape.
3 DMS and 2 DMC WPL Diamonds were specified, complete with pumping stations, medium kiosks, air blowers and replacement parts to comply with a discharge consent standard: 20 5, 30g/l SS, 20mg/l NH4-N (95 percentile).
Dave Parkinson, Product Division Director states "The WPL Diamond range is a familiar brand name for domestic housing in the UK, however the solution is placed in a lot of commercial applications. Our range of diamonds can accommodate 1 person or up to 55 people per plant depending on the type of solution required.”
Why send UK Diamonds to Africa:
- Treatment requires no chemicals in keeping with the environmental sensitivity.
- Robust process meets all normal Environment Agency consents – meaning it reaches the highest quality standards.
- Compact design is easy to install with minimal labour and on-going low user maintenance.
- DMS range has up to 3 years de-sludge intervals.
- Quality UK engineering and manufacture – constructed with high quality components, load tested and water tight.
A WPL Grease Guzzler is an additional specification to support the commercial kitchen feeding the local workers. Dave continues "the Grease Guzzler ensures cooking oils and fats used in large quantities do not find their way into the drainage system, blocking the plant. The S65 bio fluid was also provided as it does not contain surfactants, ensuring biological breakdown.”
Grease Guzzler is ideal for the African environment:
- Eliminates foul drain odours caused by rancid grease, and helps prevent rodent and insect infestation.
- Natural process – digests FOGs using naturally occurring micro-organism.
- Compact requiring no space-consuming drums of bio-chemicals unlike some alternative products.
- Designed on the principle of ‘fit and forget,’ it is completely automated and self-contained, requiring no daily maintenance.
- S65 Bio Fluid digests grease oils and fats within the drainage system biologically.