Since pioneering the application of engineering plastics in the late 50s, Forbes Group has served the major companies in virtually every field of industrial activity. Not only are Forbes products in daily use at almost every significant enterprise in the UK, they have been exported around the world to locations as widespread as Arctic Russia, the Arabian Gulf, Korea, West Africa and China to name but a few. Our five purpose built manufacturing areas are dedicated to plastics manufacture and fabrication, predominantly plastic tanks and environmental technologies such as wet scrubbers, bulk tank vent scrubbers and a range of tank accessories, such as ladders and walkways, these manufactured mainly in carbon steels and stainless steels. The requirement for Forbes products are far reaching, and our large client base covers most industries including chemicals, water & waste treatment, environmental, oil & gas, dairy & food, beverages, pharmaceutical, electronics and energy. Products handled are as diverse as sodium hydroxide, beer, baby lotion, vinegar and hydrochloric acid. We strive towards continual company improvement and aspire to provide standards of excellence, efficiency and service that make Forbes a comfortable organisation to deal with.
New Road Crimplesham
Forbes Stripping Towers are designed for the efficient removal of Volatile Organics Contaminants (VOCs) from groundwater.
VOCs, once in the ground, can be present for a very long time. Even when they reach an aquifer, the speed of flow is often measured in just a few metres per year. Contamination may be found by chance in springs and wells or when dewatering construction sites. Or it may be surveyed and quantified when pollution, recent or long past, is known to have occurred.
The necessity for remediation is most immediate where a spring or well is needed for use, or where excavation water is too polluted to be disposed of without treatment.
An Economical Alternative to Carbon Adsorption
Activated carbon adsorption is a well established process to counter VOC contamination but the carbon is expensive and may need frequent regeneration. Air stripping is a highly cost-effective alternative to adsorption.
- Normally energy consumption is modest
- There are minimal maintenance costs in typical installations
- Stripping will typically reduce levels of 100mg/l to 5mg/l or below and the water can then be finally polished with activated carbon
- The carbon beds will enjoy a greatly extended life having been protected from high levels of contaminant
Contamination problems are inherently urgent and Forbes can focus resources quickly by fast track management to meet emergency situations when required. If necessary a pilot plant can be supplied to help determine a problem and the effect of stripping.
Products & Services
- Forbes Thermoplastic Tanks 29/11/2011 14:18:00Forbes can supply thermoplastic to all customers needs. Our VT range can provide you with small 225 litre tanks up to large 9000 litre tanks. We can also supply flat based, sloping based or coned base tanks. All thermoplastic tanks are designed to the latest standards: BS EN 12573 or DVS2205. With the capability of storing substances up to 60 degrees, thermoplastic tanks are becoming the most popular choice of tank with our customers. Despite having a standard range, all thermoplastic tanks are custom built to our customers needs.
- Salt Saturators 29/11/2011 14:18:00Brine is needed in many industries including Water Treatment, Food & Chemicals. Forbes salt saturators provide a continuous controllable supply of saturated brine solution. They are fabricated on advanced, largely automated, machinery using GRP materials fully approved to the stringent requirements of the Water Research Council (WRc).
- Minibulk Systems 17/10/2011 10:16:00The success of the MINIBULK® concept for the storage of bulk chemicals in quantities up to 8,000 litres inspired the intorduction of a further range to accommodate bulk tanker deliveries by high pressure discharge (up to 30psi). Offering tank capacities from 10,000 litres to 30,000 litres, the MINIBULK® PLUS range is available in 6 standard sizes - all supplied complete with safety bund and associated pipework. MINIBULK® PLUS systems are available with the full range of MINIBULK optional equipment.
- GRP Tanks 17/10/2011 10:16:00GRP tank technology is now accepted as standard in virtually every industry from chemicals to food and water, microelectronics and offshore oil and gas. The available sizes for these standard tanks is from 5000 to 160,000 litres capacity and from 2000 to 4111mm internal diameter (to suit standard mandrels)
- Bulk Vent Scrubbers 09/01/2013 11:25:00An economical range of standard bulk tank vent scrubbing systems designed to minimise environmental nuisance from the static storage and handling of fuming chemicals. Typical applications include hydrochloric acid, Nitric acid and ammonia.
- Wet Scrubbers 08/01/2018 10:04:00Wetted Packed Towers are the simplest and most commonly used approaches to gas scrubbing.