View all topics > Water Resource Management
Anglian uses behavioural science to help cut water use
Anglian Water has seen per capita consumption (PCC) drop by 8 per cent in Newmarket with the help of a portal that ‘nudges' customers with insights on their usage.
- Smartening up: Is UK water metering ready for a smart revolution? Smart metering shows signs it can bring significant improvements on water consumption, leakage and more. But what will it... Read More >
- Interview: Guy Thompson, Managing Director, EnTrade Wessex Water has recently spun out EnTrade - the trading platform it developed for environmental catchment interventions –... Read More >
- WWT Magazine Spring Sale 2018 WWT is the market leading media brand in UK water and we’re offering a select number of vendors and suppliers a special... Read More >
- Mapping the need for sanitation and investment The use of flow diagrams is allowing WaterAid teams to focus water industry innovation and investment on the urban areas... Read More >
- WWT Explains… SuDS With large volumes of stormwater putting a strain on sewers and other infrastructure nationwide, Sustainable Drainage... Read More >
- Service reservoir project refreshes supply in Burton-on-Trent Stonbury's project to construct a new service reservoir for South Staffs Water achieved the best whole-life asset solution... Read More >
- Beyond a pump in a box Whether it is installation, servicing and maintenance, energy-saving and performance advice, or data acquisition, pump... Read More >
- SCADA Security in the Water Industry Forward-thinking water industry leaders are putting enhanced risk management programs in place to assess their... Read More >
- Using hidden climate signals for water resource management Making use of research into long-term weather patterns could help water utilities predict their water resource needs for... Read More >
- Thinking outside the box on alternative water Water companies' response to a short-term supply disruption is often to distribute bottled water, but Thames Water is now... Read More >
- Rainwater spin-out companies offer innovative path Researchers from the University of Exeter's Centre for Water Systems are putting the latest rainwater harvesting and SuDS... Read More >
- Comment: Preparing for extreme weather events The challenge of climate change resilience means that the conventional deterministic approach to drought planning is no... Read More >
- Interview: Jean Spencer, Anglian Water director, on drought resilience In this WWT profile interview Jean Spencer, Director of Strategic Growth and Resilience at Anglian Water, talks about the... Read More >
- The universal challenge of water Water utilities across the world face many similar challenges despite their varying locations and economic conditions,... Read More >
- Netwatch: BOOK YOUR SECURITY SURVEY NOW Water professionals are very aware of the risks associated with securing facilities to protect supply, and guarding... Read More >
- Anglian uses behavioural science to help cut water use Anglian Water has seen per capita consumption (PCC) drop by 8 per cent in Newmarket with the help of a portal that ‘nudges' customers with insights on their usage.
- United Utilities gives old service reservoir new lease of life United Utilities engineers are working underground to create a new underground service reservoir within an existing service reservoir.
- Scottish Water tells customers in Moray to use water wisely Scottish Water has urged its customers in Moray to use their water wisely due to prolonged dry weather in the area.
- Retail market must improve on efficiency - Waterwise's Russell The retail market will be next to face the political spotlight over water efficiency, Waterwise managing director Nicci Russell told a Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum keynote seminar yesterday (14 June).
- Ofwat demands more on water resource management Ofwat has called for clear improvements from water companies in how they plan for greater resilience against drought.