View all topics > Water Resource Management
Scottish Water diverts Ayrshire river on pipeline project
Scottish Water has completed a key piece of engineering on a £120M water mains improvement project by diverting a river in East Ayrshire to enable the pipe to be installed.
- Rainwater spin-out companies offer innovative path Researchers from the University of Exeter's Centre for Water Systems are putting the latest rainwater harvesting and SuDS... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Frequency Response Read WWT’s handy guide to frequency response, a type of demand-side response which is gaining in popularity with UK... Read More >
- Comment: Preparing for extreme weather events The challenge of climate change resilience means that the conventional deterministic approach to drought planning is no... Read More >
- Keeping engineers safe, and comfortable Field working, can be both dangerous and gruelling. Staying safe, and being able to work for long periods of time in... Read More >
- Interview: Jean Spencer, Anglian Water director, on drought resilience In this WWT profile interview Jean Spencer, Director of Strategic Growth and Resilience at Anglian Water, talks about the... Read More >
- The universal challenge of water Water utilities across the world face many similar challenges despite their varying locations and economic conditions,... Read More >
- Netwatch: BOOK YOUR SECURITY SURVEY NOW Water professionals are very aware of the risks associated with securing facilities to protect supply, and guarding... Read More >
- Front Line: Luke Petts, Metering Team Leader, Morrison Utility Services In this month's Front Line feature we meet Luke Petts, who leads the team of meter installers on Thames Water's Smart... Read More >
- Water Retail: The risk and reward of brokers Lois Vallely, one of the UK’s leading water industry analysts, takes a close look at the role brokers may play in the... Read More >
- WWT's Sustainable Water 2017 to discuss preparations for PR19 WWT's flagship Sustainable Water event is back and will take place on 20 September, with senior water industry... Read More >
- A solution to grit problems: in collaboration with Northumbrian Water Grit in the wastewater treatment industry is persistent and damaging yet remains tolerated by operators. Northumbrian... Read More >
- Water Industry Achievement Awards 2017: Meet the finalists! Welcome to our report for the Water Industry Achievement Awards 2017, giving a glimpse of who this year’s finalists are... Read More >
- Front Line: Dr Mike Jones, Thames Water In this month's Front Line feature we meet Dr Mike Jones, Water Resources & Process Modelling Lead at Thames Water Read More >
- Project Focus: Optimising the Wessex Grid Optimiser software using a sophisticated closed loop control system has been central to enabling efficient water transfers... Read More >
- Front Line: Morag Angus, Mires Project Manager, South West Water This month WWT meets Morag Angus, who leads a catchment management project for South West Water aimed at restoring... Read More >
- SEW pushes back water supply scheme by two years South East Water (SEW) is delaying a major project to tackle future water supply and demand requirements in the Fleet, Basingstoke, Sandhurst, Yateley and Camberley areas for a further two years.
- Scottish Water diverts Ayrshire river on pipeline project Scottish Water has completed a key piece of engineering on a £120M water mains improvement project by diverting a river in East Ayrshire to enable the pipe to be installed.
- Anglian Water issues £250M Green Bond to finance sustainability strategy Anglian Water has issued the first ever utility sector Sterling (GBP) Green Bond. The £250M Green Bond will be used to finance a range of activities that support Anglian's Love Every Drop sustainability strategy.
- Severn Trent scheme encourages water efficient housing development Severn Trent has launched a scheme that helps housing developers save up to 100% on their water and sewerage infrastructure charges by building more water efficient homes.
- Hydro-electric operator fined for diverting watercourse Natural Resources Wales (NRW) has called on hydro-electric scheme operators to comply with the conditions of their licences after an operator in Conwy was prosecuted for diverting a river.
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.