View all topics > Sewer Networks
Fire service to the sewer rescue
Severn Trent Water has been working with Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service on a training exercise that saw firefighters simulate rescuing people from a confined space - namely a sewer.
- Fats, oil and grease need clear thinking Latest research from Cranfield has shone a light on the characteristics of of fats, oil and grease (FOG) droplets entering... Read More >
- Netwatch: BOOK YOUR SECURITY SURVEY NOW Water professionals are very aware of the risks associated with securing facilities to protect supply, and guarding... Read More >
- Water Retail: The risk and reward of brokers Lois Vallely, one of the UK’s leading water industry analysts, takes a close look at the role brokers may play in the... Read More >
- A solution to grit problems: in collaboration with Northumbrian Water Grit in the wastewater treatment industry is persistent and damaging yet remains tolerated by operators. Northumbrian... Read More >
- Water Industry Achievement Awards 2017: Meet the finalists! Welcome to our report for the Water Industry Achievement Awards 2017, giving a glimpse of who this year’s finalists are... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... Ice Pigging An innovative method of cleaning pipes, ice pigging is now being seen as a viable option for wastewater as well as clean... Read More >
- Insight Report: Water companies turn the heat up on FOG The last 18 months has seen a step change in the way water companies are addressing the problem of fats, oil and grease... Read More >
- Interview: Professor Dragan Savic, Exeter University "If you can't measure, you can't manage - and the most uncertain element of water management is the demand." Read More >
- Interview: Rachel Dyson, Programme Manager, Anglian Water “We have been quiet as an industry on wet wipes, but now we are being vocal, because of the problems they are causing.” Read More >
- Unflushables: Driving us round the U-bend What can be done to stop an A-Z of inappropriate items being flushed down the toilet? Fergal Campbell of waste management... Read More >
- Project Focus: Smart flood alleviation system protects Portsmouth A smart hydrometereological system was installed to monitor flood risk in the south coast city, with real-time sewer level... Read More >
- Interview: Phil Stride, Strategic Projects Director, Tideway 'This is the largest project in the water industry for 150 years, and it will probably be the largest for the next 150... Read More >
- The Pumping Station 2017 WWT, WET News and Utility Week are focusing in-depth on pumps and valves in 2017 Read More >
- Correct FOG management a must for food service operators Pressure from water companies is mounting for hospitality and food service operators to be held responsible for the fats,... Read More >
- Getting to the bottom of the infiltration challenge The infiltration of groundwater into sewers and other infrastructure presents a major burden for water and sewerage... Read More >
- Fire service to the sewer rescue Severn Trent Water has been working with Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service on a training exercise that saw firefighters simulate rescuing people from a confined space - namely a sewer.
- Tesco fined £8M for petrol pollution incident Tesco Stores has been ordered to pay more than £8M in fines and costs after pleading guilty to a pollution incident that sparked a huge multi-agency operation involving the Environment Agency (EA), Lancashire County Council, United Utilities (UU), Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service and Lancashire Police.
- Sewer blockages drop 26% following fatberg campaign, says Thames Thames Water has revealed a 26% reduction in sewer blockages following an awareness campaign encouraging east London residents to do their bit to help tackle fatbergs.
- Jet vac tanker tackles concrete in sewers Lanes Utilities is deploying a new 12,000 PSI jet vac tanker to tackle the menace of cowboy builders who dispose of concrete by pouring it down sewers.
- Irish Water plans euro50M sewer network upgrade Irish Water is seeking planning permission from Fingal County Council to upgrade the existing sewer network for Blanchardstown, which serves surrounding catchment areas including Kildare, Castleknock and Ashbourne.
- Head of Engineering Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers the gas and electricity services into our homes and... Read more here.
- Assistant gas to grid engineer GENeco is a multi-award winning recycling and renewable energy company. We were created by Wessex Water in 2008 to help our parent company... Read more here.
- Chief Executive Officer The Electricity Association of Ireland (EAI) is the representative body for electricity producers, retailers and distributors on the island... Read more here.