View all topics > Pipes & Pipelines
Scottish Water diverts Ayrshire river on pipeline project
Scottish Water has completed a key piece of engineering on a £120M water mains improvement project by diverting a river in East Ayrshire to enable the pipe to be installed.
- WWT Explains… Frequency Response Read WWT’s handy guide to frequency response, a type of demand-side response which is gaining in popularity with UK... Read More >
- Keeping engineers safe, and comfortable Field working, can be both dangerous and gruelling. Staying safe, and being able to work for long periods of time in... Read More >
- Corrosion of water pipes: out of sight, out of mind? Pipe corrosion is a major cause of water quality complaints by customers, but how often is the water itself responsible... Read More >
- Project Focus: Going with the flow in the Elan Valley The first of three tunnel diversions has recently been completed as part of the £300M Severn Trent project to renovate the... Read More >
- National pride of top tappers Drilling and Tapping teams from America and the Netherlands are gearing up to take part in the World Water Cup in... Read More >
- Netwatch: BOOK YOUR SECURITY SURVEY NOW Water professionals are very aware of the risks associated with securing facilities to protect supply, and guarding... Read More >
- Comment: A Totex Journey The move to outcomes and Totex-Based Regulation in AMP6 should mean water companies and contractors involving suppliers ... Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Water Retail: The risk and reward of brokers Lois Vallely, one of the UK’s leading water industry analysts, takes a close look at the role brokers may play in the... Read More >
- A solution to grit problems: in collaboration with Northumbrian Water Grit in the wastewater treatment industry is persistent and damaging yet remains tolerated by operators. Northumbrian... Read More >
- Water Industry Achievement Awards 2017: Meet the finalists! Welcome to our report for the Water Industry Achievement Awards 2017, giving a glimpse of who this year’s finalists are... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... Ice Pigging An innovative method of cleaning pipes, ice pigging is now being seen as a viable option for wastewater as well as clean... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... Carbon Footprinting Working out the carbon footprint of a project such as a drainage installation involves a number of variables, with... Read More >
- A mother and daughter team In this Q&A, WWT meets Lesley Barratt of Clancy Docwra, who won the Ladies category of the Institute of Water's... Read More >
- Expert View: Care against corrosion Leaks caused by pipe corrosion are often preventable with a little extra care and training when the pipes are originally... Read More >
- Scottish Water diverts Ayrshire river on pipeline project Scottish Water has completed a key piece of engineering on a £120M water mains improvement project by diverting a river in East Ayrshire to enable the pipe to be installed.
- Ofwat sets out new charging rules for developers Ofwat has published a new set of rules that water companies must adhere to when determining how to charge developers for providing new connection services for water mains and public sewers.
- Auger calls for lead pipe replacement Independent drainage and water supply pipe specialist Auger is calling for lead pipes to be replaced rather than repaired wherever possible.
- Thames holds question sessions for developers Berkeley Homes and Taylor Wimpey are among major developers who have taken advantage of face-to-face ‘ask the expert' sessions launched by Thames Water.
- Thames uses mobile soil recycling unit for pipe projects A state-of-the-art mobile recycling unit is playing a vital part in Thames Water's ongoing project to repair and restore its water mains.
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.