Yorkshire Water holds supply chain event for AMP7 and beyond
Yorkshire Water will host a supply change event in Wakefield on April 27, 2017 to highlight opportunities within its supply chain from 2020 onwards.
The company has an anticipated £1.5bn spend across the partnering arrangements for the five years from 2020, and said its supply chain arrangements are likely to include:
- Strategic planning partner
- Infrastructure frameworks (water/wastewater) (reactive/proactive)
- Non-infrastructure alliance
- Enhanced Direct Delivery
- Assurance support
- Alternative models (including direct and bespoke procurement and design, build and operate)
The first phase of this procurement is now underway with a notice published around April 5, 2017 for a Strategic Planning Partner with expression of interest closing on May 5, 2017.
Andy Clark, head of procurement & contract management at Yorkshire Water, said: “We have always sought to develop relationships with contractors and consultants that support delivery of benefits to customers, wider stakeholders and the environment. So, to address the diverse range of risks within the asset base we are looking to engage widely with a supply chain that is agile and able to respond to the level of change required to meet future needs.
“As well as being efficient, services must be resilient in the long term and provide multiple benefits to the customers and communities we serve. How we work with service partners is vital in delivering the services customers want, in the way that meets expectations at a price that customers believe is fair.”
Yorkshire Water is also looking to engage a Strategic Planning Partner (SPP) to work closely with its in-house Strategic Planning function to support the creation of both short- and longer-term investment plans.
Clark added: “Innovation is a key driving force, allowing delivery of more while keeping costs down and helping meet the challenges of climate change, population growth and economic pressures. Future supply chain partners will also need to support the development and delivery of low carbon solutions and enhance Yorkshire Water's use of standard products and solutions, off site construction and modular build.”
- New research centre to tackle urban groundwater infiltration Atkins, together with the University of Birmingham, Imperial College London, and the British Geological Survey, has... Read More >
- Echo wins £27M billing deal with NI Water Echo Managed Services (EMS) is to deliver contact management, billing software and debt management services to NI Water... Read More >
- Scottish Water seeks Tier 1 contractors for wastewater deal Scottish Water is seeking up to eight main contractors to help deliver its wastewater infrastructure programme between... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Round Table: Water Industry Procurement in AMP6 and beyond Have procurement practices so far in AMP6 reflected the regulatory shift towards whole-life cost and Totex? Participants... Read More >
- Disappointment replaces AMP6 optimism The first year of AMP6 is complete but has the regulatory cycle lived up to expectations of renewed vigour, or has it been... Read More >
- Competition is a driver for innovation Domestic water competition is planned for England before the end of this Parliament, and contractors that innovate to... Read More >
- Blog: Connecting data for efficiency and productivity Steve Hanslow believes that at a time when AMP6 is focussing water companies on total expenditure (TOTEX) driven outcomes,... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.