Yorkshire Water hands Sweco UK telemetry commission
Engineering, environment and design consultancy Sweco UK has secured a three-year commission with Yorkshire Water to manage the installation of telemetry assets at 1,200 wastewater sites.
Sweco’s asset management team will specify and install or upgrade monitoring devices across the water company’s sewer network.
The devices will provide accurate data every 15 minutes, allowing Yorkshire Water to monitor and manage the performance of its assets.
Leeds-headquartered Sweco’s team of engineers will manage the full delivery of the project from desktop and site surveys, to specifying the devices and managing installation contractors.
Jacqui Briggs, portfolio lead at Sweco, said: “Accurately monitoring and reporting the performance of wastewater assets will provide Yorkshire Water with vital intelligence as it continues to push on with its investment programme.
"We have worked with the utility provider for more than twelve years and welcome this opportunity to continue to assist them in meeting the needs of their customers while improving their infrastructure and data capture and analytics capabilities.”
Sweco is currently contracted on AMP6 frameworks with seven of the 12 UK water and sewerage companies, providing services across the full asset lifecycle.
- SUEZ to implement Aquadvanced for Bristol Water Bristol Water has awarded SUEZ a contract to implement Aquadvanced Energy across its entire water distribution network. Read More >
- Video: Micro-tunnelling used in Wessex Water sewer project A £5M Wessex Water scheme to help alleviate flooding on the Somerset coast has used a micro-tunnelling technique to... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water pledges one million trees for Yorkshire Yorkshire Water has pledged to plant one million trees across its land in Yorkshire over the next 10 years in a bid to... Read More >
- CENTAUR: Upsizing sewer storage The Water Industry Award-winning CENTAUR offers ‘virtual storage' within sewer networks to cut flood risk and reduce CSO... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Fighting the FOG Our innovation specials continue with an examination of new measures to improve sewer health by tackling fats, oils and... Read More >
- Top Tips for specifying concrete manholes Stuart Crisp, business development director for the British Precast Drainage Association, gives his top tips for... Read More >
- Hot stuff: making the most of sewer heat Technology now allows heat from sewage to be extracted and utilised. But what is the true potential of the innovation?... Read More >
- Vacuum sewerage networks: solutions for difficult situations When gravity sewers are unsuitable, vacuum sewerage technology can provide the answers - and with multiple added benefits Read More >