Yorkshire Water and EA extends compensation releases trial
Yorkshire Water and the Environment Agency's trial compensation releases in the Loxley and Rivelin Valleys is to be extended for a further two years from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2017.
The trial is being re-advertised to extend the existing compensation flow trial and allow time to modify the legal compensation flow arrangements to permit a permanent change to the compensation flow.
At Damflask reservoir, the existing trial has reduced the compensation flow from 36,000cu m a day to 28,000cu m a day above the normal reservoir control line and from 26,000cu m per day to 18,000cu m per day below the normal reservoir control line.
At Rivelin, the existing trial has increased the compensation flow from 2,300cu m daily to 10,300cu m a day. The compensation water is released from Damflask Reservoir into the River Loxley at Storrs Bridge, Sheffield.
The trial is aimed at improving river ecology to meet the requirements of the Water Framework Directive (WFD).
- Swindon on track for efficiency target Swindon residents have risen to the challenge of slashing their water use and are two- thirds of the way to Thames Water's... Read More >
- Copeland residents win tap water blend battle Copeland residents have won their battle to receive a softer blend of tap water following a meeting between the company,... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water unveils £17M modernisation plans for Irton WTW Yorkshire Water has unveiled £17M plans to modernise the water treatment works at Irton. The investment will improve... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with… highway pollution Pollution from urban highways, trunk roads and motorways poses significant risks to the environment from toxic metals and... Read More >
- Comment: Moving sensors from the lab to the real world Innovative sensor technologies of various materials are out there - the key now is to apply them effectively and to make... Read More >
- Corrosion of water pipes: out of sight, out of mind? Pipe corrosion is a major cause of water quality complaints by customers, but how often is the water itself responsible... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Data: Predictive analysis pays off for Welsh Water Data scientists at Welsh Water built an analysis tool that can predict when service reservoirs are at risk of bacterial... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.