Yorkshire Water and EA extends compensation releases trial
Yorkshire Water and the Environment Agency's trial compensation releases in the Loxley and Rivelin Valleys is to be extended for a further two years from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2017.
The trial is being re-advertised to extend the existing compensation flow trial and allow time to modify the legal compensation flow arrangements to permit a permanent change to the compensation flow.
At Damflask reservoir, the existing trial has reduced the compensation flow from 36,000cu m a day to 28,000cu m a day above the normal reservoir control line and from 26,000cu m per day to 18,000cu m per day below the normal reservoir control line.
At Rivelin, the existing trial has increased the compensation flow from 2,300cu m daily to 10,300cu m a day. The compensation water is released from Damflask Reservoir into the River Loxley at Storrs Bridge, Sheffield.
The trial is aimed at improving river ecology to meet the requirements of the Water Framework Directive (WFD).
- EA secures £36.5M for Hull flood defence scheme A major flood defence scheme is being launched in Hull after the Environment Agency (EA) secured £36.5M in government... Read More >
- SAS and EA team up on coastal catchment scheme Surfers Against Sewage (SAS) and the Environment Agency (EA) are launching a joint Cleaner Coastal Catchment initiative... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water appoints Royal HaskoningDHV for coastal assets Yorkshire Water has appointed Royal HaskoningDHV to lead on technical support in the design and scoping of a Marine... Read More >
- Corrosion of water pipes: out of sight, out of mind? Pipe corrosion is a major cause of water quality complaints by customers, but how often is the water itself responsible... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Data: Predictive analysis pays off for Welsh Water Data scientists at Welsh Water built an analysis tool that can predict when service reservoirs are at risk of bacterial... Read More >
- Project Focus: Affinity Water in metaldehyde detection trial A trial at an Affinity Water treatment works in Hertfordshire has demonstrated the effectiveness of modifying lab... Read More >
- Research Notes: The wastewater headache after taking an aspirin Trace contaminants, including chemicals from pharmaceutical and household products that are part of our daily lives, are a... Read More >