Xylem awarded Scottish Water dewatering pump framework
Water technology company Xylem has been awarded a new five-year framework agreement with Scottish Water, which will see it supply and install submersible and diesel pumps for all the utility's rental applications across Scotland.
Drawing on its extensive rental portfolio, Xylem will provide its Flygt electric submersible pumps and Godwin diesel pumps to support dewatering efforts as part of capital projects and on-going upgrades of existing pumping stations. Xylem will draw on its team of accredited dewatering experts based in Stirling and Inverness to fulfil the framework and supply 24/7 dewatering services.
Chris Stewart, Scotland Area Manager for Xylem, said, “As a long-standing provider to Scottish Water, we are delighted to be awarded this agreement. The agreement will complement our current frameworks to provide clean water and wastewater pumps and telemetry equipment, as well as supporting our Alliance partnership with RWGM [a joint venture between WGM Engineering and Ross-shire Engineering] to deliver pump repair and installation services for Scottish Water.
“Xylem’s rental offer presents customers with a quick and cost-effective way to remove water based on customers’ unique needs. We have enhanced our pump rental capabilities and service portfolio throughout Europe through a significant investment which makes thousands of Xylem rental assets available to customers across the continent, positioning the right fleet mix in the right location, at the right time to meet customer needs.”
- Flows to be restored along River Cour as part of RBMP Flows are to be reintroduced to an area covering 6km along the River Cour following extensive work by the Scottish... Read More >
- SEW awards automation deal to Mitsubishi Electric South East Water (SEW) has awarded a framework agreement to Mitsubishi Electric covering the supply of PLCs, HMIs, VSDs... Read More >
- Danes test phosphorus extraction technology A Danish partnership project to test technologies to extract phosphorus from wastewater has been set up by the utility... Read More >
- Pump maintenance: keeping it pumping Maintaining pumps in top condition is a vital consideration in the totex equation for pumping assets, and water utilities... Read More >
- Why do motors fail? Pump motors can run for half a century if they are properly maintained, writes Dave Hawley Read More >
- Becoming a smart pump buyer When specifying a new pumping system, asset owners need to be able to answer key questions about their requirements,... Read More >
- Dewatering pump maintenance: Keep moving Maintaining your dewatering pumps goes a long way, writes Joe Moser, pump product manager, Atlas Copco Construction... Read More >
- Offsite build for Affinity pumping station Taking a pioneering new approach to a borehole pumping station upgrade in Essex, Affinity Water minimised asset downtime... Read More >