Xylem awarded Scottish Water dewatering pump framework
Water technology company Xylem has been awarded a new five-year framework agreement with Scottish Water, which will see it supply and install submersible and diesel pumps for all the utility's rental applications across Scotland.
Drawing on its extensive rental portfolio, Xylem will provide its Flygt electric submersible pumps and Godwin diesel pumps to support dewatering efforts as part of capital projects and on-going upgrades of existing pumping stations. Xylem will draw on its team of accredited dewatering experts based in Stirling and Inverness to fulfil the framework and supply 24/7 dewatering services.
Chris Stewart, Scotland Area Manager for Xylem, said, “As a long-standing provider to Scottish Water, we are delighted to be awarded this agreement. The agreement will complement our current frameworks to provide clean water and wastewater pumps and telemetry equipment, as well as supporting our Alliance partnership with RWGM [a joint venture between WGM Engineering and Ross-shire Engineering] to deliver pump repair and installation services for Scottish Water.
“Xylem’s rental offer presents customers with a quick and cost-effective way to remove water based on customers’ unique needs. We have enhanced our pump rental capabilities and service portfolio throughout Europe through a significant investment which makes thousands of Xylem rental assets available to customers across the continent, positioning the right fleet mix in the right location, at the right time to meet customer needs.”
- Testing centres for water innovation open in Scotland Scotland has opened its first full-scale facilities for the testing of water and wastewater technologies, funded by a... Read More >
- SESW to enter Scottish water market Sutton and East Surrey Water (SESW) plans to move into the Scottish business retail market to help prepare for market... Read More >
- 'Robust defences' protect Kenley WTW from flooding Sutton & East Surrey Water (SES), which is battling to prevent Kenley Water Treatment Works from flooding as a result... Read More >
- Peristaltic pumps prove the right dose for Welsh Water Switching from diaphragm to peristaltic pumps for chemical dosing helped Dwr Cymru Welsh Water save Opex costs while... Read More >
- In Depth: AODD pumps Air Operated Double Diaphragm (AODD) pumps are an interesting seal-less, displacement alternative to centrifugal pumps.... Read More >
- Overpumping solution helps Anglian sludge management When routine maintenance was required on business-critical sludge assets at Anglian Water's Caister WRC, a temporary... Read More >
- Interview: Steve Schofield, Chief Executive, BPMA Never mind Brexit - the UK government needs to step up in its enforcement of current directives, says Steve Schofield,... Read More >
- CPD Article: Optimal pump sumps for wastewater In this CPD article, we look at how pumping stations can be best designed to deal efficiently with solids and sediment in... Read More >
- Divisional Operations Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.
- Project Manager (Electrical & Instrumentation) SGN operates over 74,000km of gas mains and services in Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, we have a responsibility... Read more here.