Xylem awarded Scottish Water dewatering pump framework
Water technology company Xylem has been awarded a new five-year framework agreement with Scottish Water, which will see it supply and install submersible and diesel pumps for all the utility's rental applications across Scotland.
Drawing on its extensive rental portfolio, Xylem will provide its Flygt electric submersible pumps and Godwin diesel pumps to support dewatering efforts as part of capital projects and on-going upgrades of existing pumping stations. Xylem will draw on its team of accredited dewatering experts based in Stirling and Inverness to fulfil the framework and supply 24/7 dewatering services.
Chris Stewart, Scotland Area Manager for Xylem, said, “As a long-standing provider to Scottish Water, we are delighted to be awarded this agreement. The agreement will complement our current frameworks to provide clean water and wastewater pumps and telemetry equipment, as well as supporting our Alliance partnership with RWGM [a joint venture between WGM Engineering and Ross-shire Engineering] to deliver pump repair and installation services for Scottish Water.
“Xylem’s rental offer presents customers with a quick and cost-effective way to remove water based on customers’ unique needs. We have enhanced our pump rental capabilities and service portfolio throughout Europe through a significant investment which makes thousands of Xylem rental assets available to customers across the continent, positioning the right fleet mix in the right location, at the right time to meet customer needs.”
- Morrison Utility Services wins long-term Affinity Water framework Morrison Utility Services (MUS) has been appointed to deliver mains renewal and developer services programmes for Affinity... Read More >
- Thames awards data logger and instrumentation contracts Thames Water has awarded a contract worth up to £10M for the supply, installation and maintenance of data loggers in its... Read More >
- Network Rail's pump rental deal for Selwood Pump rental specialist Selwood has been awarded a three-year contract to supply pumping solutions to Network Rail for use... Read More >
- Powering the pumps: electric or diesel? The question of which power source to use for portable pump sets can be a difficult one, with both electric and diesel... Read More >
- Archimedes screw pumps boost infrastructure in Mansfield Archimedes screw pumps may work on a centuries-old design but they are still the most efficient way of lifting water over... Read More >
- Comment: Brexit and the pump industry Exiting the European Community and dismantling our ties to EU Laws, via the Government's introduction of the Great Repeal... Read More >
- Round Table: Pumps and energy Performance monitoring supported by technology and condition-based maintenance are two of the key factors in optimising... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with… dosing pumps Dosing pumps are mission critical appliances that must operate reliably and efficiently, as the success of processes such... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.