Xylem awarded Scottish Water dewatering pump framework
Water technology company Xylem has been awarded a new five-year framework agreement with Scottish Water, which will see it supply and install submersible and diesel pumps for all the utility's rental applications across Scotland.
Drawing on its extensive rental portfolio, Xylem will provide its Flygt electric submersible pumps and Godwin diesel pumps to support dewatering efforts as part of capital projects and on-going upgrades of existing pumping stations. Xylem will draw on its team of accredited dewatering experts based in Stirling and Inverness to fulfil the framework and supply 24/7 dewatering services.
Chris Stewart, Scotland Area Manager for Xylem, said, “As a long-standing provider to Scottish Water, we are delighted to be awarded this agreement. The agreement will complement our current frameworks to provide clean water and wastewater pumps and telemetry equipment, as well as supporting our Alliance partnership with RWGM [a joint venture between WGM Engineering and Ross-shire Engineering] to deliver pump repair and installation services for Scottish Water.
“Xylem’s rental offer presents customers with a quick and cost-effective way to remove water based on customers’ unique needs. We have enhanced our pump rental capabilities and service portfolio throughout Europe through a significant investment which makes thousands of Xylem rental assets available to customers across the continent, positioning the right fleet mix in the right location, at the right time to meet customer needs.”
- Atkins picked for Severn Trent sewerage management framework Atkins is one of five companies to be appointed to Severn Trent Water's Sewerage Management Planning framework, which will... Read More >
- New wastewater pumping system boosts efficiency at Heathrow A more efficient pumping system for wastewater has allowed Heathrow Airport's Water Services division to save money and... Read More >
- UU shortlists seven for engineering services framework Seven companies have been shortlisted for United Utilities' (UU) Engineering Services Partners Framework agreement for... Read More >
- How much will your pump really cost you? When it comes to specifying pumping equipment, many companies under pressure to cut costs could actually be making... Read More >
- Protecting Your Pumps With pumps being among a water company's most critical assets, screens and automated trashrakes have a vital role to play... Read More >
- Project Focus: Pumps critical to River Clyde flood prevention scheme The installation of a new pumping station in North Renfrewshire has been central to a scheme to protect 300 homes and... Read More >
- Project Focus: Off-site construction for pump station replacement When a Severn Trent pumping station in Derbyshire needed replacement, off-site prefabrication was preferred to overcome... Read More >
- Case study: Pump efficiency takes flight at Heathrow With more than 100 wastewater pumping stations, Heathrow Airport was able to make significant energy and cost savings by... Read More >