Xylem's Lewis takes over as BPMA president
Duncan Lewis, Managing Director of Xylem Water Solutions UK Ltd, has been appointed President of the British Pump Manufacturers Association (BPMA).
The role was officially passed on at the recent BPMA Annual General Meeting, where Peter Reynolds, former BPMA President and Managing Director of Grundfos Pumps Ltd, congratulated his successor.
The new president is expected to serve a two-year term at the helm of the organisation, which keeps its member organisations updated on regulations that affect them, lobbies government and regulators on pump industry-specific issues and provides a forum for networking and knowledge sharing.
Duncan Lewis commented: “I have been involved with the BPMA for a number of years, so it fills me with pride and excitement to be given this opportunity to head this organisation as President. I look forward to the experience and challenges this will bring as we work together to continue to raise the voice of the pump industry and increase sector awareness.”
Steve Schofield, Director and Chief Executive of the BPMA concluded: “It was our pleasure to make Duncan the new President of the BPMA. Duncan has worked hard to encourage the uptake of technical support and pump technology training to members, operators and purchasers of pumping equipment. He has been hands-on from the start and has played a vital role in the association as Vice President. No doubt he will call upon this experience during presidency.”
- New wastewater pumping system boosts efficiency at Heathrow A more efficient pumping system for wastewater has allowed Heathrow Airport's Water Services division to save money and... Read More >
- Selwood continues as framework partner at Anglian Water Pump rental solutions supplier Selwood has retained its position as a framework partner to Anglian Water for a further... Read More >
- Landia and Ham Baker announce UK municipal partnership Mixers and pumps manufacturer Landia UK has announced a partnership with flow control equipment maker the Ham Baker Group. Read More >
- Hidrostal solves problematic pump issue in residential development When a network pumping station in the Anglian Water region was suffering from repeated blockages, a more effective... Read More >
- What will the pump of the future look like? How will the pump play its part in the digital future represented by industry 4.0? Bryan Orchard explores how one... Read More >
- Component pricing: a disposable dilemma When working out the whole-life cost of a pump or similar equipment, one variable is how often components need to be... Read More >
- Selwood provides green solution to overpumping job When overpumping was required during an upgrade of a Wessex Water pumping station in Somerset, the rental of an... Read More >
- Interview: Duncan Lewis, Managing Director, Xylem Whether it is data capture, servicing and maintenance or energy-saving optimisation, pump manufacturers now offer so much... Read More >