WWT's 4th Water Industry Energy Conference to take place in June
Water industry professionals tasked with managing and generating energy and building resilience and sustainability into their businesses will meet in Birmingham on 13 June at the WWT Water Industry Energy Conference.
The event will run for the 4th time this summer and will provide delegates with the opportunity to enhance their energy strategies at a time when regulatory and economic pressures are in full force.
The conference, in association with British Gas, will assess the power of people and behaviour change, evaluate the opportunities in energy from waste, and analyse the business benefits of investment in emerging solutions such as battery storage and demand response.
Per Overgaard Pedersen, Chief engineer at Aarhus Water will be joining the line-up of speakers to showcase how the Danish water utility has become a world leader in creating energy from wastewater treatment plants, and behavioural psychologist Phillipa Coan will lead a breakout session to determine how far people can affect energy efficiency and how we can maximise behaviour change.
8 UK WASCs will share their stories and interactive sessions and table discussions will run throughout the day giving delegates the opportunity to learn from each other and drive innovation.
The day is being chaired by Dr Ana Soares, senior lecturer in biological engineering at Cranfield University and is sponsored by British Gas.
Experts speakers include:
- Trevor Bishop, Director, strategy and planning, Ofwat
- Per Overgaard Pedersen, Chief engineer, Aarhus Water (Denmark)
- Paul Baxter, Head of energy and renewables, Severn Trent Water
- Steve Kaye, Head of innovation, Anglian Water
- Ester Rus Perez, Sludge and energy innovation manager, Thames Water
- David Rose, Energy and carbon manager, South West Water
- Anne-Marie McDonald, Optimisation manager, Southern Water
- Alastair Tawn, Wastewater energy and efficiency manager, Northumbrian Water
- Ben Burggraaf, Energy operations manager, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
- John Leonard, Programme manager, Wessex Water
- Dr Philippa Coan, Business psychologist & environmental behaviour change consultant
- Kevin Fitzgibbon, Water coordinator, Cork Institute of Technology
To view more details and to register, visit: http://events.wwtonline.co.uk/energy/
Alternatively, contact Rachael Cannon on (01342) 332041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grenade stops clearance work at Davyhulme Bomb disposal experts were called in to United Utilities' Davyhulme wastewater treatment works at Urmston after engineers... Read More >
- South West Water begins preparatory work South West Water (SWW) engineers have started preparatory work ahead of delivering £5M worth of projects to further... Read More >
- Groundforce contributes to retaining wall guidance Groundforce Shorco has made a small but significant contribution to CIRIA's guidance on embedded retaining wall design... Read More >
- The new approach to energy efficiency Many pump systems are far less energy efficient than they appear to be, and optimising electrical systems is the key Read More >
- Round Table: Pumps and energy Performance monitoring supported by technology and condition-based maintenance are two of the key factors in optimising... Read More >
- The Big Picture on Energy Costs Details matter when it comes to pump system energy assessments, which is why not all assessments are the same Read More >
- Interview: David Rose, Energy and Carbon Manager, South West Water "Certification has really helped staff engage with the energy agenda; I feel we've got a framework to work with." Read More >
- WWT's Water Industry Energy Conference to take place in June Water industry professionals tasked with managing and generating energy and building resilience and sustainability into... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.