WWT's 4th Water Industry Energy Conference to take place in June
Water industry professionals tasked with managing and generating energy and building resilience and sustainability into their businesses will meet in Birmingham on 13 June at the WWT Water Industry Energy Conference.
The event will run for the 4th time this summer and will provide delegates with the opportunity to enhance their energy strategies at a time when regulatory and economic pressures are in full force.
The conference, in association with British Gas, will assess the power of people and behaviour change, evaluate the opportunities in energy from waste, and analyse the business benefits of investment in emerging solutions such as battery storage and demand response.
Per Overgaard Pedersen, Chief engineer at Aarhus Water will be joining the line-up of speakers to showcase how the Danish water utility has become a world leader in creating energy from wastewater treatment plants, and behavioural psychologist Phillipa Coan will lead a breakout session to determine how far people can affect energy efficiency and how we can maximise behaviour change.
8 UK WASCs will share their stories and interactive sessions and table discussions will run throughout the day giving delegates the opportunity to learn from each other and drive innovation.
The day is being chaired by Dr Ana Soares, senior lecturer in biological engineering at Cranfield University and is sponsored by British Gas.
Experts speakers include:
- Trevor Bishop, Director, strategy and planning, Ofwat
- Per Overgaard Pedersen, Chief engineer, Aarhus Water (Denmark)
- Paul Baxter, Head of energy and renewables, Severn Trent Water
- Steve Kaye, Head of innovation, Anglian Water
- Ester Rus Perez, Sludge and energy innovation manager, Thames Water
- David Rose, Energy and carbon manager, South West Water
- Anne-Marie McDonald, Optimisation manager, Southern Water
- Alastair Tawn, Wastewater energy and efficiency manager, Northumbrian Water
- Ben Burggraaf, Energy operations manager, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
- John Leonard, Programme manager, Wessex Water
- Dr Philippa Coan, Business psychologist & environmental behaviour change consultant
- Kevin Fitzgibbon, Water coordinator, Cork Institute of Technology
To view more details and to register, visit: http://events.wwtonline.co.uk/energy/
Alternatively, contact Rachael Cannon on (01342) 332041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 'Self-healing' concrete research gets backing Structures made from self-healing materials could soon be a significant step closer, thanks to a three-year, £1.6M... Read More >
- National Infrastructure Plan reveals £25.6bn of water sector work The government has published its latest National Infrastructure Plan (NIP) factsheet including 28 programmes and one... Read More >
- Wessex Water seeks bidders for AMP6 M and E and civil engineering Wessex Water has revealed that the contractors it is seeking to undertake mechanical and electrical (M&E) and civil... Read More >
- WWT's Water Industry Energy Conference to take place in June Water industry professionals tasked with managing and generating energy and building resilience and sustainability into... Read More >
- Round Table: Energy storage and on-site generation With battery technology advancing rapidly, participants in WWT's latest round table discussion talked about the potential... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... Carbon Footprinting Working out the carbon footprint of a project such as a drainage installation involves a number of variables, with... Read More >
- Digging Deeper: Rethinking Air Power With energy efficient aeration a priority, is it time for a rethink on the way the industry sizes its blowers? Read More >
- Comment: Decoupling water from energy use is a global priority The technology exists to achieve energy neutrality across the whole water cycle, and it should be considered a global... Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.