WET News Water Industry Supplier Conference looks to the future
Senior water sector consultancy, contractor, equipment manufacturers and service provider professionals will gather on November 10 in Birmingham to discuss the current industry culture and direction, while looking ahead to future opportunities for innovation and collaboration.
The third WET News Water Industry Supplier Conference will kick off with Ofwat’s Water 2020 approach to regulatory design, with the support of British Water and Future Water Association throughout the day.
A new feature for the conference this year is a 90-minute interactive session where senior directors from Affinity Water; Northumbrian Water; United Utilities and Yorkshire Water will outline opportunities for industry standardisation and efficiencies, collaboration, innovation and investment.
Also, Building Information Modelling (BIM) and offsite-manufacture are two areas within which the supply chain needs to reflect carefully on its own ROI attractiveness to investors, and ensuring that products, solutions and services fit within the ‘big picture’ strategies of major contractors and clients.
There is no shortage of questions that need input from the various players in the water industry – whether it is how one defines ‘innovation’, discussing if a focus on the bottom line hinders ‘true value’, or understanding what it means to be a sought after professional in the sector – there will be plenty to learn and debate during this vital conference.
Experts speakers include:
- David Black, senior director, Water 2020, Ofwat
- Martyn Hopkinson, operations director, Future Water Association
- Paul Mullord, UK director, British Water
- Paul Hilton, technical director – project management, Mott MacDonald
- Andrew Cowell, chair BIM4Water and engineering director MWH
- Dr Mark Fletcher, director and global water leader, Arup
- Colin Merewood, water sector customer director, Costain
- Stephen Martin, director of asset management, Affinity Water
- Steve Crake, head of procurement, Northumbrian Water Group
- Stephen Wright, manager of standard products and solutions, Yorkshire Water
- Mark Hanrahan, group business development director, North Midland Construction PLC
- Bill Thicknes, operations director (London & South), J Murphy & Sons
Click here for more information and to book a place at the event.
- Renewable energy partners sought by Northumbrian Water Northumbrian Water is seeking up to four renewable energy partners who will secure 100 % of the required funding and then... Read More >
- Water innovators 'must be prepared to fail' Innovators in the water sector must be 'prepared to fail' in order to take the risks that will lead to meaningful... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water targets pollution hot spots to prevent sewer blockages Yorkshire Water has declared war on sewage pollution with plans to test a new technique in "hot-spot locations".... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Round Table: Water Industry Procurement in AMP6 and beyond Have procurement practices so far in AMP6 reflected the regulatory shift towards whole-life cost and Totex? Participants... Read More >
- Disappointment replaces AMP6 optimism The first year of AMP6 is complete but has the regulatory cycle lived up to expectations of renewed vigour, or has it been... Read More >
- Competition is a driver for innovation Domestic water competition is planned for England before the end of this Parliament, and contractors that innovate to... Read More >
- Blog: Connecting data for efficiency and productivity Steve Hanslow believes that at a time when AMP6 is focussing water companies on total expenditure (TOTEX) driven outcomes,... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.