WET News Water Industry Supplier Conference looks to the future
Senior water sector consultancy, contractor, equipment manufacturers and service provider professionals will gather on November 10 in Birmingham to discuss the current industry culture and direction, while looking ahead to future opportunities for innovation and collaboration.
The third WET News Water Industry Supplier Conference will kick off with Ofwat’s Water 2020 approach to regulatory design, with the support of British Water and Future Water Association throughout the day.
A new feature for the conference this year is a 90-minute interactive session where senior directors from Affinity Water; Northumbrian Water; United Utilities and Yorkshire Water will outline opportunities for industry standardisation and efficiencies, collaboration, innovation and investment.
Also, Building Information Modelling (BIM) and offsite-manufacture are two areas within which the supply chain needs to reflect carefully on its own ROI attractiveness to investors, and ensuring that products, solutions and services fit within the ‘big picture’ strategies of major contractors and clients.
There is no shortage of questions that need input from the various players in the water industry – whether it is how one defines ‘innovation’, discussing if a focus on the bottom line hinders ‘true value’, or understanding what it means to be a sought after professional in the sector – there will be plenty to learn and debate during this vital conference.
Experts speakers include:
- David Black, senior director, Water 2020, Ofwat
- Martyn Hopkinson, operations director, Future Water Association
- Paul Mullord, UK director, British Water
- Paul Hilton, technical director – project management, Mott MacDonald
- Andrew Cowell, chair BIM4Water and engineering director MWH
- Dr Mark Fletcher, director and global water leader, Arup
- Colin Merewood, water sector customer director, Costain
- Stephen Martin, director of asset management, Affinity Water
- Steve Crake, head of procurement, Northumbrian Water Group
- Stephen Wright, manager of standard products and solutions, Yorkshire Water
- Mark Hanrahan, group business development director, North Midland Construction PLC
- Bill Thicknes, operations director (London & South), J Murphy & Sons
Click here for more information and to book a place at the event.
- ABCO Marine to install UK's longest coastal pipe Bridlington will have the longest coastal pipe of its kind in the UK as part of Yorkshire Water's "Coast to Boast... Read More >
- Chief regulator urges ‘simpler' approach to ownership Ofwat chairman Jonson Cox has urged water companies to leverage “simplicity” in their holding structures in order to win... Read More >
- Cathryn Ross returns to Ofwat as new chief executive Ofwat has announced that Cathryn Ross will be its new chief executive. She is currently executive director of markets and... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Round Table: Water Industry Procurement in AMP6 and beyond Have procurement practices so far in AMP6 reflected the regulatory shift towards whole-life cost and Totex? Participants... Read More >
- Disappointment replaces AMP6 optimism The first year of AMP6 is complete but has the regulatory cycle lived up to expectations of renewed vigour, or has it been... Read More >
- Competition is a driver for innovation Domestic water competition is planned for England before the end of this Parliament, and contractors that innovate to... Read More >
- Blog: Connecting data for efficiency and productivity Steve Hanslow believes that at a time when AMP6 is focussing water companies on total expenditure (TOTEX) driven outcomes,... Read More >
- Head of Engineering Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers the gas and electricity services into our homes and... Read more here.
- Assistant gas to grid engineer GENeco is a multi-award winning recycling and renewable energy company. We were created by Wessex Water in 2008 to help our parent company... Read more here.
- Chief Executive Officer The Electricity Association of Ireland (EAI) is the representative body for electricity producers, retailers and distributors on the island... Read more here.