WaterSmart helps South Staffs Water deliver measurable outcomes
WaterSmart Software has announced a new strategic partnership with South Staffs Water to engage with the utility's end-use customers through a digital analytics and communications platform.
South Staffs Water is implementing technologies to improve water-use efficiency while driving measurable improvements in customer satisfaction as part of a broader programme to develop and adopt innovative solutions.
“We are excited by the use of technology to engage with our customers,” said Phil Newland, managing director of South Staffs Water. “Our aim is that through the WaterSmart platform, our customers will become more actively involved in the shared challenge of how best to manage our precious water resources.”
WaterSmart provides households with access to easy-to-understand information via email Water Reports and a web and mobile portal. The platform offers detailed water use data, comparative water scores, alerts and notifications, and an innovative ‘discovery’ module that allows customers to take specific actions to better manage their water usage.
The initial program will serve a pilot group with digital Water Reports and will include an additional randomised control group in order to measure programme effectiveness for South Staffs Water.
Robin Gilthorpe, WaterSmart chief executive officer, said: “South Staffs Water is an industry leader and their embrace of innovative technology approaches in a quest for improved customer engagement is an ideal fit for the WaterSmart platform.”
- South West Water to install wastewater loggers South West Water has selected battery-powered data loggers from Servelec Technologies for a wastewater event duration... Read More >
- MOSL: no technical barriers to market opening There are now no technical barriers now standing in the way of the non-household water market from opening, according to... Read More >
- Researcher wins prize for diamond water sensors project A University of Warwick PhD student has scooped an industry prize for her research into the use of boron-doped diamond... Read More >
- Round Table: Digital Transformation and Operational Efficiency A digital transformation is taking place in the UK water sector, but the process is more about incremental steps than the... Read More >
- WWT presents Smart Water Networks conference 2018 With PR19 on the horizon and growing pressure on water companies to do more with less, smart systems and technology are... Read More >
- Data science - putting it all together It's only when different data sources are pooled and cross-correlated that the full power of IoT analytics and artificial... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >