WaterSmart helps South Staffs Water deliver measurable outcomes
WaterSmart Software has announced a new strategic partnership with South Staffs Water to engage with the utility's end-use customers through a digital analytics and communications platform.
South Staffs Water is implementing technologies to improve water-use efficiency while driving measurable improvements in customer satisfaction as part of a broader programme to develop and adopt innovative solutions.
“We are excited by the use of technology to engage with our customers,” said Phil Newland, managing director of South Staffs Water. “Our aim is that through the WaterSmart platform, our customers will become more actively involved in the shared challenge of how best to manage our precious water resources.”
WaterSmart provides households with access to easy-to-understand information via email Water Reports and a web and mobile portal. The platform offers detailed water use data, comparative water scores, alerts and notifications, and an innovative ‘discovery’ module that allows customers to take specific actions to better manage their water usage.
The initial program will serve a pilot group with digital Water Reports and will include an additional randomised control group in order to measure programme effectiveness for South Staffs Water.
Robin Gilthorpe, WaterSmart chief executive officer, said: “South Staffs Water is an industry leader and their embrace of innovative technology approaches in a quest for improved customer engagement is an ideal fit for the WaterSmart platform.”
- WAGO appoints Tony Hoyle as new UK MD WAGO Ltd has announced the appointment of a new Managing Director. Tony Hoyle, formerly Measurement Products General... Read More >
- Southern Water adopts cloud-based IT system for sewer monitoring data Southern Water has adopted a new system for storing its pipeline condition survey data on the cloud, where it can be... Read More >
- Scottish Water urges customers in Fife to conserve water Scottish Water is asking households and businesses to help conserve water supplies in Fife, particularly in the Lomond... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Waste Water Network Manager c. £42,000 depending on skills and experience An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Wastewater Network Manager within the Asset... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.