WaterSmart helps South Staffs Water deliver measurable outcomes
WaterSmart Software has announced a new strategic partnership with South Staffs Water to engage with the utility's end-use customers through a digital analytics and communications platform.
South Staffs Water is implementing technologies to improve water-use efficiency while driving measurable improvements in customer satisfaction as part of a broader programme to develop and adopt innovative solutions.
“We are excited by the use of technology to engage with our customers,” said Phil Newland, managing director of South Staffs Water. “Our aim is that through the WaterSmart platform, our customers will become more actively involved in the shared challenge of how best to manage our precious water resources.”
WaterSmart provides households with access to easy-to-understand information via email Water Reports and a web and mobile portal. The platform offers detailed water use data, comparative water scores, alerts and notifications, and an innovative ‘discovery’ module that allows customers to take specific actions to better manage their water usage.
The initial program will serve a pilot group with digital Water Reports and will include an additional randomised control group in order to measure programme effectiveness for South Staffs Water.
Robin Gilthorpe, WaterSmart chief executive officer, said: “South Staffs Water is an industry leader and their embrace of innovative technology approaches in a quest for improved customer engagement is an ideal fit for the WaterSmart platform.”
- Itron to supply 'high-end' meters to Yorkshire Water Yorkshire Water has awarded a new contract to Itron for the supply of advanced water meters for both residential and... Read More >
- Data ‘like oil' for water companies Data is an incredibly valuable resource for water companies, who must use it in the right way to harness it to the best... Read More >
- Researcher wins prize for diamond water sensors project A University of Warwick PhD student has scooped an industry prize for her research into the use of boron-doped diamond... Read More >
- Being intelligent, the smart thing to do Can pressure management and intelligent networks help tackle the issue of leakage? Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Front Line: Luke Petts, Metering Team Leader, Morrison Utility Services In this month's Front Line feature we meet Luke Petts, who leads the team of meter installers on Thames Water's Smart... Read More >
- Optimising water supply network performance the smart way Water network management is complex but accurate flow measurement plays across the spectrum of activities, says NEL's... Read More >
- Comment: Water's digital future The opportunities and challenges for the water sector around the use of big data and analytics give rise to fundamental... Read More >