Waterblade triumphant at water ‘Oscars'
Waterblade, which has pioneered the Waterblade water and energy-saving adapter for taps, triumphed at last night's Water Industry Achievement Awards when it walked away with the Outstanding Innovation 2016 and Most Innovative New Technology trophies.
Around 550 professionals from the water companies, the regulators, contractors and suppliers descended upon the Hilton Birmingham Metropole to applaud the achievements of the awards’ winners and finalists. There was double reason to celebrate as the event, organised by WET News and Water & Wastewater Treatment, marked its tenth anniversary.
The winners on the night were:
Carbon Reduction Initiative of the Year
sponsored by Asset International
- Anglian Water, The @One Alliance & The David Ball Group
Community Project of the Year
- Northumbrian Water Group - Water Rangers
Customer Satisfaction Initiative of the Year
- South East Water
Data Project of the Year
sponsored by Wipro
- Severn Trent Water - Sewer Rehabilitation Team
Engineer of the Year
sponsored by Teekay Couplings
- Howard Lewis, Affinity Water
Health & Safety Initiative of the Year
sponsored by Selwood
- South West Water Delivery Alliance H5O in partnership with the WESC Foundation-The Specialist Centre for Visual Impairment
Most Innovative New Technology of the Year
sponsored by NMGroup
Most Innovative Use of an Existing Technology
Outstanding Individual Contribution to the Water Industry
- Professor Jeni Colbourne MBE
Outstanding Innovation 2016
sponsored by Ofwat
Partnership Initiative of the Year
- Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
People Initiative of the Year
sponsored by Saint-Gobain PAM UK and TES
- South East Water
Sustainable Drainage & Flood Management Initiative of the Year
sponsored by CPSA
Northumbrian Water Group
Water Resource Management Initiative of the Year
- Thames Water
Full report in the next issues of WET News and WWT.
- Renationalising water industry should be a priority for Labour Renationalising the water industry should be a top priority for the Labour Party's next election manifesto. The call has... Read More >
- Key stakeholders to address the future of the Irish water sector Key stakeholders involved with shaping the future direction of the Irish water sector will share their experiences and... Read More >
- RPS Group snaps up Clear Environmental Consultants RPS Group has acquired Clear Environmental Consultants - a move which is expected to strengthen the group's ability to... Read More >
- New Sludge Conference to be part of Wastewater 2018 The UK's largest wastewater event - Wastewater 2018, organised by WWT - is set to return to Birmingham on 30th January and... Read More >
- Comment: Moving sensors from the lab to the real world Innovative sensor technologies of various materials are out there - the key now is to apply them effectively and to make... Read More >
- Innovation: The New Rock and Roll? In this feature interview we talk to Nigel Watson, Group Information Services Director at Northumbrian Water, about the... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Ending the nightmare of wet-wipe pump blockages An ingenious device developed in partnership with Scottish Water promises to reduce wastewater pump maintenance by... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.