Waterblade triumphant at water ‘Oscars'
Waterblade, which has pioneered the Waterblade water and energy-saving adapter for taps, triumphed at last night's Water Industry Achievement Awards when it walked away with the Outstanding Innovation 2016 and Most Innovative New Technology trophies.
Around 550 professionals from the water companies, the regulators, contractors and suppliers descended upon the Hilton Birmingham Metropole to applaud the achievements of the awards’ winners and finalists. There was double reason to celebrate as the event, organised by WET News and Water & Wastewater Treatment, marked its tenth anniversary.
The winners on the night were:
Carbon Reduction Initiative of the Year
sponsored by Asset International
- Anglian Water, The @One Alliance & The David Ball Group
Community Project of the Year
- Northumbrian Water Group - Water Rangers
Customer Satisfaction Initiative of the Year
- South East Water
Data Project of the Year
sponsored by Wipro
- Severn Trent Water - Sewer Rehabilitation Team
Engineer of the Year
sponsored by Teekay Couplings
- Howard Lewis, Affinity Water
Health & Safety Initiative of the Year
sponsored by Selwood
- South West Water Delivery Alliance H5O in partnership with the WESC Foundation-The Specialist Centre for Visual Impairment
Most Innovative New Technology of the Year
sponsored by NMGroup
Most Innovative Use of an Existing Technology
Outstanding Individual Contribution to the Water Industry
- Professor Jeni Colbourne MBE
Outstanding Innovation 2016
sponsored by Ofwat
Partnership Initiative of the Year
- Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
People Initiative of the Year
sponsored by Saint-Gobain PAM UK and TES
- South East Water
Sustainable Drainage & Flood Management Initiative of the Year
sponsored by CPSA
Northumbrian Water Group
Water Resource Management Initiative of the Year
- Thames Water
Full report in the next issues of WET News and WWT.
- Customer water bills to fall by 5%, says Ofwat Water bills in England and Wales will fall by around 5% over the next five years. Announcing its final determinations for... Read More >
- Record-breaking pumps ordered for Hull A contract for the design, manufacture and installation of one of the world's largest Archimedes screw pumping stations... Read More >
- Companies team up for North-east boost Yorkshire Water and Northumbrian Water spending is set to boost the fortunes of North-east contractors. The two water... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Ending the nightmare of wet-wipe pump blockages An ingenious device developed in partnership with Scottish Water promises to reduce wastewater pump maintenance by... Read More >
- Round Table: Phosphorus Removal and Wastewater Innovation In the latest WWT round table, participants discussed the progress of innovative technologies for phosphorus removal, the... Read More >
- Water Innovators 2017 - lend us your skills! In the latest blog from WaterAid, Rob Fuller highlights the need for innovation in solving water challenges in the... Read More >
- Interview: Professor Dragan Savic, Exeter University "If you can't measure, you can't manage - and the most uncertain element of water management is the demand." Read More >
- Head of Engineering Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers the gas and electricity services into our homes and... Read more here.
- Assistant gas to grid engineer GENeco is a multi-award winning recycling and renewable energy company. We were created by Wessex Water in 2008 to help our parent company... Read more here.
- Chief Executive Officer The Electricity Association of Ireland (EAI) is the representative body for electricity producers, retailers and distributors on the island... Read more here.