Water UK shakes up top team with two new directors
Water UK has appointed two new directors as part of a restructuring of the industry body's leadership team.
Rae Stewart is to become Director of Corporate Affairs and Stuart Colville will join as Director of Strategy at the organisation, which represents the interests of UK water companies nationally and internationally.
Rae Stewart has held a number of posts in Whitehall, following a long period in journalism where he worked for ITN, GMTV, Sky News and Scottish Television. He joined the Cabinet Office in 2009 before moving to Defra in 2010, where he led the co-ordinated communications strategy for the 2012 drought. He took on the role of Director of Communications for the department in 2013. He then held a similar post at the Department for Energy and Climate Change prior to being asked in 2016 to start up and lead the communications function at the new Department for Exiting the European Union.
Stuart Colville began his career in consulting, before joining the Civil Service over a decade ago. He has worked on infrastructure, EU and energy policy, and in Government strategy roles, in both the Department for Transport and the Department for Energy and Climate Change.
In his current role, Stuart is Defra’s Principal Private Secretary, supporting ministers to identify and deliver their priorities, shaping departmental policy, and working across Whitehall. This has involved the coordination of crisis responses to a range of issues, including flooding, and developing longer term policies, including reducing water pollution and EU exit.
Commenting on the appointments, Michael Roberts, Water UK Chief Executive, said: “We are delighted to welcome Rae and Stuart on board. Their energy, experience and insight will complement the existing strengths in the Water UK team and help us meet the challenges we face in the water sector."
“I look forward to working with them as we continue to enhance the service and support we provide to our members.”
- Mouchel's meter reading services deal with Affinity renewed International infrastructure and business services group Mouchel is to continue providing meter reading services to... Read More >
- Board changes at Thames Water Thames Water has announced two changes to its executive board, with Chief Financial Officer Stuart Siddall retiring and... Read More >
- Pollution events caused by WASCs on the rise The number of pollution events caused by water and sewerage companies (WASCs) in England have risen for the first time... Read More >
- Plastic pollution – what was the tipping point? Despite years of research, news stories concerning plastics and the pollution of the marine and water environment have... Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >
- Analysis: Assessing lane rental's pros and cons While lane rental may be popular with many, Robin Hackett hears why the majority of utilities and contractors are fiercely... Read More >
- Opinion: Action needed on product specifications and skills BPF Pipes Group president Derek Muckle calls for a basic engineering and procurement skillset to set the standard for what... Read More >
- Bioresource data leads to focus on sludge quality The recent publication of data about the quantity and quality of sludge produced at water company wastewater treatment... Read More >