WAGO appoints Tony Hoyle as new UK MD
WAGO Ltd has announced the appointment of a new Managing Director. Tony Hoyle, formerly Measurement Products General Manager (UK and Ireland) at ABB, will have overall responsibility for the company's activities in the UK and Ireland.
He succeeds Gordon Smith who has announced his retirement after overseeing the company's strong growth since its formation in 1992. Smith will, however, work with Hoyle in a joint management capacity until the middle of 2015.
In addition to his time at ABB, Hoyle has held senior management, sales and marketing posts at some of the world's leading technology providers including Danfoss, Siemens and Telemecaniqe. He has considerable experience in a number of key sectors including water treatment, processing and factory automation.
Commenting on his new role, he said "WAGO was a leading innovator in interconnection technology when it was formed almost 70 years ago. Its focus is, of course, considerably broader now. Our mission is to offer a comprehensive range of truly innovative automation technology solutions for industrial and building services customers throughout the UK and Ireland.
"I look forward to working with WAGO and building on the considerable success which Gordon and his team have achieved."
- Thames awards Siemens meter data software deal Thames Water has agreed a contract with Siemens for an industry-specific software package to store and manage readings... Read More >
- Ofwat gives early insight into AMP6 business plans Ofwat has announced its early observations on the water companies business plans, saying they are proposing real price... Read More >
- EXCLUSIVE: Sustainability at the heart of Thames' AMP6 Thames Water's new 'super alliance' for the next AMP cycle will focus on making sure sustainability lies at the heart of... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Data: Predictive analysis pays off for Welsh Water Data scientists at Welsh Water built an analysis tool that can predict when service reservoirs are at risk of bacterial... Read More >
- Being intelligent, the smart thing to do Can pressure management and intelligent networks help tackle the issue of leakage? Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.