WAGO appoints Tony Hoyle as new UK MD
WAGO Ltd has announced the appointment of a new Managing Director. Tony Hoyle, formerly Measurement Products General Manager (UK and Ireland) at ABB, will have overall responsibility for the company's activities in the UK and Ireland.
He succeeds Gordon Smith who has announced his retirement after overseeing the company's strong growth since its formation in 1992. Smith will, however, work with Hoyle in a joint management capacity until the middle of 2015.
In addition to his time at ABB, Hoyle has held senior management, sales and marketing posts at some of the world's leading technology providers including Danfoss, Siemens and Telemecaniqe. He has considerable experience in a number of key sectors including water treatment, processing and factory automation.
Commenting on his new role, he said "WAGO was a leading innovator in interconnection technology when it was formed almost 70 years ago. Its focus is, of course, considerably broader now. Our mission is to offer a comprehensive range of truly innovative automation technology solutions for industrial and building services customers throughout the UK and Ireland.
"I look forward to working with WAGO and building on the considerable success which Gordon and his team have achieved."
- European Commission agrees innovation deal on water reuse The European Commission has signed an Innovation Deal with 14 regional and national partners aimed at overcoming... Read More >
- Southern Water adopts cloud-based IT system for sewer monitoring data Southern Water has adopted a new system for storing its pipeline condition survey data on the cloud, where it can be... Read More >
- Utility Week Live inc IWEX opens today Utility Week Live incorporating IWEX, the only exhibition dedicated to the operational and technical needs of the UK's... Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Front Line: Luke Petts, Metering Team Leader, Morrison Utility Services In this month's Front Line feature we meet Luke Petts, who leads the team of meter installers on Thames Water's Smart... Read More >
- Optimising water supply network performance the smart way Water network management is complex but accurate flow measurement plays across the spectrum of activities, says NEL's... Read More >
- Comment: Water's digital future The opportunities and challenges for the water sector around the use of big data and analytics give rise to fundamental... Read More >
- Comment: Water, with a splash of disruption Is there an alternative to 'rip and replace' when it comes to ageing analogue telemetry equipment? Craig Wellman looks at... Read More >