WAGO appoints Tony Hoyle as new UK MD
WAGO Ltd has announced the appointment of a new Managing Director. Tony Hoyle, formerly Measurement Products General Manager (UK and Ireland) at ABB, will have overall responsibility for the company's activities in the UK and Ireland.
He succeeds Gordon Smith who has announced his retirement after overseeing the company's strong growth since its formation in 1992. Smith will, however, work with Hoyle in a joint management capacity until the middle of 2015.
In addition to his time at ABB, Hoyle has held senior management, sales and marketing posts at some of the world's leading technology providers including Danfoss, Siemens and Telemecaniqe. He has considerable experience in a number of key sectors including water treatment, processing and factory automation.
Commenting on his new role, he said "WAGO was a leading innovator in interconnection technology when it was formed almost 70 years ago. Its focus is, of course, considerably broader now. Our mission is to offer a comprehensive range of truly innovative automation technology solutions for industrial and building services customers throughout the UK and Ireland.
"I look forward to working with WAGO and building on the considerable success which Gordon and his team have achieved."
- Amey appoints leakage management director Amey has recruited Ian Pemberton as director of leakage management and water conservation within its utilities... Read More >
- New research centre to explore low-carbon wastewater treatment A major new research facility which will allow scientists to discover more sustainable and affordable ways to treat... Read More >
- Witty calls for £1B backing for innovation The government should back cutting edge technologies or 'Arrow Projects' with £1B of funding, according to a new report... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Top tips for… analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Data: Predictive analysis pays off for Welsh Water Data scientists at Welsh Water built an analysis tool that can predict when service reservoirs are at risk of bacterial... Read More >
- Being intelligent, the smart thing to do Can pressure management and intelligent networks help tackle the issue of leakage? Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Head of Engineering Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers the gas and electricity services into our homes and... Read more here.
- Assistant gas to grid engineer GENeco is a multi-award winning recycling and renewable energy company. We were created by Wessex Water in 2008 to help our parent company... Read more here.
- Chief Executive Officer The Electricity Association of Ireland (EAI) is the representative body for electricity producers, retailers and distributors on the island... Read more here.