Video: Micro-tunnelling used in Wessex Water sewer project
A £5M Wessex Water scheme to help alleviate flooding on the Somerset coast has used a micro-tunnelling technique to minimise disruption to the local community.
The project in Brent Knoll and Burnham-on-Sea involves building a new sewage pumping station, installing several new sewers as well as making improvements to the existing sewerage system.
In this video produced by Wessex Water, we learn about the role of micro-tunnelling in the project, which is expected to be completed in October 2017.
- Thames and EA prevent toilets emptying into brook More than 40 appliances, including sinks and toilets, are no longer emptying their loads into the Wealdstone Brook three... Read More >
- No-dig method for lead pipe restoration sets new distance mark Specialist contractors working for Affinity Water in Hertfordshire have completed what is believed to be the longest... Read More >
- Belfast needs to act now on flooding Action needs to be taken now to reduce flood risk to the city of Belfast, Northern Ireland Water's director of asset... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... Ice Pigging An innovative method of cleaning pipes, ice pigging is now being seen as a viable option for wastewater as well as clean... Read More >
- Interview: Professor Dragan Savic, Exeter University "If you can't measure, you can't manage - and the most uncertain element of water management is the demand." Read More >
- Interview: Rachel Dyson, Programme Manager, Anglian Water “We have been quiet as an industry on wet wipes, but now we are being vocal, because of the problems they are causing.” Read More >
- Unflushables: Driving us round the U-bend What can be done to stop an A-Z of inappropriate items being flushed down the toilet? Fergal Campbell of waste management... Read More >
- Project Focus: Smart flood alleviation system protects Portsmouth A smart hydrometereological system was installed to monitor flood risk in the south coast city, with real-time sewer level... Read More >
- Divisional Operations Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.
- Project Manager (Electrical & Instrumentation) SGN operates over 74,000km of gas mains and services in Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, we have a responsibility... Read more here.