Video: Micro-tunnelling used in Wessex Water sewer project
A £5M Wessex Water scheme to help alleviate flooding on the Somerset coast has used a micro-tunnelling technique to minimise disruption to the local community.
The project in Brent Knoll and Burnham-on-Sea involves building a new sewage pumping station, installing several new sewers as well as making improvements to the existing sewerage system.
In this video produced by Wessex Water, we learn about the role of micro-tunnelling in the project, which is expected to be completed in October 2017.
- Thames Water to invest £26M on west London sewer upgrade Thames Water is planning a major upgrade to the Victorian sewer network serving a large swathe of the Hammersmith &... Read More >
- Thames Water fined £1 for misreporting sewer data Thames Water has been fined £1 by regulator Ofwat for the misreporting of sewer data in 2010. The nominal fine came as... Read More >
- Southern Water pilots tanks to alleviate groundwater flooding Southern Water is trialing ten mobile biological treatment tanks at seven locations in Kent and Hampshire as part of its... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... Ice Pigging An innovative method of cleaning pipes, ice pigging is now being seen as a viable option for wastewater as well as clean... Read More >
- Interview: Professor Dragan Savic, Exeter University "If you can't measure, you can't manage - and the most uncertain element of water management is the demand." Read More >
- Interview: Rachel Dyson, Programme Manager, Anglian Water “We have been quiet as an industry on wet wipes, but now we are being vocal, because of the problems they are causing.” Read More >
- Unflushables: Driving us round the U-bend What can be done to stop an A-Z of inappropriate items being flushed down the toilet? Fergal Campbell of waste management... Read More >
- Project Focus: Smart flood alleviation system protects Portsmouth A smart hydrometereological system was installed to monitor flood risk in the south coast city, with real-time sewer level... Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.