Veolia wins wastewater treatment package deal for LACC project
Veolia Water Technologies has been selected by CB&I to engineer and procure a wastewater treatment package for a 1,000-kta Lotte Axiall Chemical Company (LACC) ethane cracker and associated monoethylene glycol (MEG) plant being constructed in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
The 650-gpm system will treat wastewater from three sources at the facility using Veolia’s Whittier® Induced Gas Flotation, Whittier Corrugated Plate Interceptor, AnoxKaldnes Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor and Hydrotech Discfilter technologies.
Veolia’s work scope includes process design, equipment procurement, system integration, construction support, commissioning, start-up and training. The system will be operational prior to the cracker coming online in October 2018.
CB&I was awarded the EPC contract for the cracker plant in late 2015 and will also supply its latest ethylene technology.
“Veolia is pleased to provide our technological solution for sustainable water management as part of this project,” said Klaus Andersen, CEO of Veolia Water Technologies Inc. “Veolia is committed to helping industries manage their water and energy resources, in line with our mission of Resourcing the World – developing access to resources, protecting and replenishing them.”
LACC is a joint venture between Axiall Corporation, based in Atlanta, Georgia, and Lotte Chemical Corporation of South Korea. Both companies are recognised in the chemistry sector for their cutting-edge and ethical approach to operations.
- Stantec completes acquisition of MWH Global International engineering and consultancy firm Stantec has completed the acquisition of MWH Global, creating a combined... Read More >
- TWCS recruits as its targets greater share of Scottish retail market Thames Water Commercial Services (TWCS) has signalled its intention to tap further into the Scottish non-household water... Read More >
- Scottish Water relocates otters in Glasgow CSO project Scottish Water has started a £1.2M upgrade to its wastewater infrastructure in the Cathcart area of Glasgow to improve the... Read More >
- Project Focus: Trenchless sewer rehab at Wessex Water Trenchless techniques are being used by Wessex Water and its contractors for both large scale operations and small... Read More >
- Getting out of a hole No matter the scale of operations, Wessex Water's preferred method for dealing with sewer problems is through trenchless... Read More >
- Project Focus: Cheltenham gets £5M sewer facelift Severn Trent's renewal of the sewers in the historic Gloucestershire town involved 15 individual projects to tackle sewer... Read More >
- Industry Leader: Mark Lane, Chairman, British Water "You can live in a world without gold, diamonds and oil, but you cannot live without water." Mark Lane,... Read More >
- Kobus pulls the cables for Yorkshire Water WTW upgrade Upsizing a PE gas main to a 90mm PE supply for Yorkshire Water's Sandall Sewage Treatment Works upgrade should have been... Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.