Veolia offers packaged Exelys technology to wider market
Veolia Water Technologies has successfully completed the soft launch of its Exelys combined thermal hydrolysis and anaerobic digestion technology in the form of a modular and highly-versatile package system.
The new system is available to the wider market and offers all the benefits of the established Exelys process, combined with features such as a small footprint, making the package system suited to rapid process upgrades, easy retrofits, or urgent installation.
In addition to it being delivered fully pressure and factory tested, the system is designed to be "plug and play". The compact units offer the same benefits as the established Exelys process: low steam consumption, 25% to 35% less dry solids, 30% to 50% more biogas, no odours, and a pasteurised digestate.
Mike Froom, business development d1irector at Veolia Water Technologies UK, said: "We think that Package Exelys will bring real benefits to our customers. Our technical experts have worked hard to incorporate all the advantages of the Exelys technology into a compact, modular, plug-and-play package system. We hope this will open up a whole new range of options for customers who need to upgrade existing processes, get more from constrained sites, or simply make their capital programmes work harder."
- Faster installation for reservoir upgrade Wessex Water has begun work on a new extension to Allington Reservoir in Wiltshire, as part of its Water Supply Grid... Read More >
- CH2M Hill wins USD3 million Romania water systems contract CH2M Hill has been awarded a contract to assist with the improvement of the municipal water system in towns along the Jiu... Read More >
- UU hits out at One Direction star for wasting water United Utilities (UU) has criticised One Direction star Harry Styles for keeping the tap running while he brushes his... Read More >
- WWT's Water Industry Energy Conference to take place in June Water industry professionals tasked with managing and generating energy and building resilience and sustainability into... Read More >
- Round Table: Energy storage and on-site generation With battery technology advancing rapidly, participants in WWT's latest round table discussion talked about the potential... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... Carbon Footprinting Working out the carbon footprint of a project such as a drainage installation involves a number of variables, with... Read More >
- Digging Deeper: Rethinking Air Power With energy efficient aeration a priority, is it time for a rethink on the way the industry sizes its blowers? Read More >
- Comment: Decoupling water from energy use is a global priority The technology exists to achieve energy neutrality across the whole water cycle, and it should be considered a global... Read More >
- Divisional Operations Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.
- Project Manager (Electrical & Instrumentation) SGN operates over 74,000km of gas mains and services in Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, we have a responsibility... Read more here.