Veolia and Business Stream team up for retail water market offering
Resource management company Veolia is teaming up with Business Stream to create a retail water market offering for businesses across the UK.
The partnership will combine Veolia’s innovation and engineering expertise across water, waste and energy with Business Stream’s retailing strength, experience and large market presence to provide business customers with a holistic approach to resource management, a reduced carbon footprint and cost savings.
John Abraham, Veolia’s chief operating officer – UK Municipal Water & Ireland, said, “Opening up the water retail market to competition offers industrial and commercial customers an opportunity to benefit from the innovation and resource efficiency Veolia and Business Stream create. This partnership with Business Stream will provide clear long term benefits to customers as together we can provide a complete retail water package which can reduce utility bills, supported by optimised onsite project engineering and operational solutions such as CHP and AD.
“Already we have seen increasing interest from existing Veolia customers in retail water services and this move will put us in position to deliver to this market. We can offer an integrated sustainable proposition which guarantees security of water and energy supply and unlocks the value within process waste and waste water which will produce economies of scale and cost efficiencies whilst putting the circular economy into practice.”
Jo Dow, chief executive of Business Stream added: “We know that businesses in England are taking a fresh look at how they buy and manage their water and wastewater services as a result of the choices they will have available from April. Business Stream already provides retail and value-added services to a range of industries and organisations, but this collaboration will give our customers access to Veolia’s breadth of expertise and extend the appeal and reach of our combined service offering to new customers throughout the country.
“By working together, we can offer customers a compelling combination of innovative and tailored solutions to help them deliver significant savings on their water and wastewater charges, as well as helping reduce their environmental impact.”
The new partnership will be able to deliver a wide range of services including guaranteed supply, water recovery, wastewater treatment, compliance, and water management plans. This will be supported by the engineering teams and technology that can provide 24/7 coverage for plant and the data systems that provide automated meter, energy monitoring and management service and infrastructure management.
- Drives deliver faster pump testing US pump and valve manufacturer Flowserve has installed five variable speed drives (VSDs) and motors from ABB on its test... Read More >
- United Utilities picks five AMP6 capital delivery partners Five contractors and joint ventures are the successful bidders for United Utilities' (UU) construction and engineering... Read More >
- Burdens opens door to the future Civil engineering products specialist Burdens has opened a new flagship branch in Hailsham. The launch event was supported... Read More >
- Interview: Professor Dragan Savic, Exeter University "If you can't measure, you can't manage - and the most uncertain element of water management is the demand." Read More >
- Front Line: Jane Mellor, Head of Operational Procurement, NI Water In this month's Front Line feature we meet Jane Mellor, who heads the operational procurement team at Northern Ireland... Read More >
- Team effort saves time How innovation and collaboration knocked weeks off timescales on Severn Trent's Little Eaton WTW upgrade Read More >
- Comment: Waterworks fit for the 21st century In recent years, the focus of the UK's water industry has shifted from building new sophisticated water works to upgrading... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... harmonic distortion Harmonic distortion can be difficult to diagnose, but once found, it is relatively easy to remedy Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.