Venning is NI Water's new chief executive
Sara Venning is NI Water's new chief executive, the company has announced. Venning has been interim chief executive since Trevor Haslett resigned last August.
Announcing Venning's appointment, NI Water chairman Séan Hogan said: “We are delighted with this appointment which follows a competition that attracted a high calibre competitive field.
“Throughout this process we have always made it clear we were determined to make the correct choice, and in Sara we are confident that we have found a highly skilled and experienced individual and the right person to lead this complex and essential service."
Hogan added: “As a board we look forward to working with Sara, her executive team and all the staff within NI Water to build on the stability, continuity and progress that has been established in recent times.
“The future will undoubtedly hold many challenges for NI Water but with the appointment of Sara we have found the best person to maintain and develop the company as it moves forward.
- Water companies face complaint 'backlash' The Consumer Council for Water has warned that water companies could "face a backlash" with customer complaints... Read More >
- Two senior appointments for Sembcorp Bournemouth Water Sembcorp Bournemouth Water (SBW) has announced two new appointments - Peter Millward as chairman of the board, and... Read More >
- Three water companies set for in-period ODI settlements Ofwat has consulted on draft determinations for three water companies which opted to receive outcome delivery incentive... Read More >
- Water companies and BIM: realising the potential The utilities sector has lagged behind in implementing BIM, and has yet to fully realise its potential for maintenance as... Read More >
- Interview: Digital Danger Cyber attacks are becoming an increasing threat but, while the UK water industry could be vulnerable, Anglian Water... Read More >
- Senior asset leaders to come together ahead of PR19 The sixth annual WWT Water Industry Asset Management conference takes place on 10th May 2018 and will attract asset... Read More >
- Component pricing: a disposable dilemma When working out the whole-life cost of a pump or similar equipment, one variable is how often components need to be... Read More >
- Analytics and Asset Management The water companies that have been most effective in this AMP period are those that have combined asset management and... Read More >