Venning is NI Water's new chief executive
Sara Venning is NI Water's new chief executive, the company has announced. Venning has been interim chief executive since Trevor Haslett resigned last August.
Announcing Venning's appointment, NI Water chairman Séan Hogan said: “We are delighted with this appointment which follows a competition that attracted a high calibre competitive field.
“Throughout this process we have always made it clear we were determined to make the correct choice, and in Sara we are confident that we have found a highly skilled and experienced individual and the right person to lead this complex and essential service."
Hogan added: “As a board we look forward to working with Sara, her executive team and all the staff within NI Water to build on the stability, continuity and progress that has been established in recent times.
“The future will undoubtedly hold many challenges for NI Water but with the appointment of Sara we have found the best person to maintain and develop the company as it moves forward.
- Campaign to raise water law awareness for plumbing work The Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS), WaterSafe and UK water companies have launched a campaign urging anyone... Read More >
- Thames and Affinity test emergency water deliveries in London Thames Water and Affinity Water have taken part in London's first emergency planning exercise designed to test how councils... Read More >
- DNV works with Sheffield University on turbidity modelling With engineers relying on turbidity modelling to predicting how material on pipe walls can enter the water flow, DNV GL... Read More >
- Problem solving upfront: embracing digital technology Scottish Water is the latest water utility to make advances in digital engineering through the use of BIM technology,... Read More >
- Engaging 'returners' will boost women in engineering Ahead of International Women in Engineering Day, Safa Elbashir, Water Engineer at AECOM, says that one of the keys for... Read More >
- Managing infrastructure presents a growing digital challenge Mark Kaney, director of asset management at Sweco UK, calls for the water industry to support a deeper commitment to data... Read More >
- Comment: The future of asset planning in a data-driven world United Utilities' use of modelling software to analyse and predict deterioration in its sewer network is an example of the... Read More >
- Why do motors fail? Pump motors can run for half a century if they are properly maintained, writes Dave Hawley Read More >