UU seeks innovative technologies with ino3W
United Utilities (UU) is the only UK firm to join a new international partnership to promote innovation. The scheme, known as ino3W, aims to bring new water technologies onto the market.
ino3W has been set up to promote innovation in the global water industry. The partnership aims to enable new water technologies to be tried, tested and brought onto the market in up to ten different countries around the world.
Ultimately, ino3W will help drive operational efficiency and asset management improvement for water companies around the world.
Through the partnership, United Utilities will gain first access in the UK to the latest innovations in the water sector.
Kieran Brocklebank, head of innovation at United Utilities, explained why the company had got involved in the partnership: “This is exactly what our Innovation Team should be doing – being at the forefront of testing new technologies and making them work for us is an exciting challenge.”
In addition, as an early technology adopter, UU expects to share in the royalties generated from future technology sales both in the UK and other international markets.
The company’s business development director, Jonathan Hodgkin, said: “We are proud to be the UK partner of ino3W; helping new technologies to reach new markets is good business for us and will help us to keep delivering an efficient service to our customers."
ino3W had recently also teamed up with the European Innovation Partnership on Water (EIP Water) in order to increase market access for EU water technology developers and provide progressive water utilities with validated technologies.
Shai Schechter, ino3W CEO, added: “This is a great opportunity and the beginning of what promises to be an important milestone for the UK water industry regarding perception of water technology.”
“We also believe that future cooperation between United Utilities and ino3W, will yield more UK driven water technologies development, given the opportunity for faster commercialisation acceleration. ino3W offers UK driven technologies an opportunity to cooperate with a select group of progressive global water partners and taking advantage of a revolutionary validation and commercialization approach.”
- Directional drill solution helps resolve leak under A38 An innovative solution involving directional drilling has helped Severn Trent overcome the problem of a troublesome... Read More >
- Innovation hub planned for Scotland The Scottish Government is backing an 'innovation hub' for Scotland, delegates to WWT's Water Scotland 2013 conference... Read More >
- Thames supplies 450M extra litres per day during hot spell Thames Water has been putting an extra 450 million litres of water a day into its network during the recent spell of hot... Read More >
- Gasification of Sludge: Innovation in Action Yorkshire Water's advanced thermal conversion (ATC) gasification plant at Lower Brighouse WWTW has achieved a timely... Read More >
- Water Industry Awards 2018: Enter Now! The Water Industry Awards, organised by WWT and WET News, are back for the 12th successive year and are now open for... Read More >
- Thinking outside the box on alternative water Water companies' response to a short-term supply disruption is often to distribute bottled water, but Thames Water is now... Read More >
- New Sludge Conference to be part of Wastewater 2018 The UK's largest wastewater event - Wastewater 2018, organised by WWT - is set to return to Birmingham on 30th January and... Read More >
- Comment: Moving sensors from the lab to the real world Innovative sensor technologies of various materials are out there - the key now is to apply them effectively and to make... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Waste Water Network Manager c. £42,000 depending on skills and experience An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Wastewater Network Manager within the Asset... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.