UU lifts boil water notice
United Utilities has lifted the boil water notice that had been in place for thousands of properties in areas of Tameside and Saddleworth since Sunday (December 11).
The notice was issued as a precaution following a technical fault on equipment at Buckton Castle water treatment works. Although the fault was rectified some water that had not been treated to the usual high standards had entered the local pipe network.
UU said it will pay £20 in compensation to those customers affected by the situation. Around 17,000 properties were affected covering the areas of Stalybridge, Dukinfield, Hyde, Saddleworth, Greenfield and Ashton-Under-Lyne.
- Lanes clears sludge-clogged pipes for GCA Engineers at Lanes Group have used their powerful jet vac technology to remove more than 50 tonnes of sludge from two... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water hosts Ethiopian water utility delegates WaterAid's Manaye Siyoum and Zelalem Assefra, from Debre Tabor Water Utility (DTWU) in Ethiopia, have visited Yorkshire... Read More >
- Mott MacDonald appointed to £410M Dhaka water project UK consultancy Mott MacDonald has been appointed by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to provide technical engineering and... Read More >
- Project Focus: Affinity Water in metaldehyde detection trial A trial at an Affinity Water treatment works in Hertfordshire has demonstrated the effectiveness of modifying lab... Read More >
- Research Notes: The wastewater headache after taking an aspirin Trace contaminants, including chemicals from pharmaceutical and household products that are part of our daily lives, are a... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Metaldehyde - a Pest of a Problem Amongst the agricultural pesticides that find their way into raw water sources, metaldehyde - which is used in slug... Read More >
- Interview: John Devall, Water Director, Northumbrian Water "Customer perception should be your reality - it's the ultimate barometer." Read More >
- Digging Deeper: Blocking leaden dangers With the dangers of lead in water highlighted recently by the case of the US city of Flint in Michigan, pipe expert Nick... Read More >
- Divisional Operations Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.
- Project Manager (Electrical & Instrumentation) SGN operates over 74,000km of gas mains and services in Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, we have a responsibility... Read more here.