UU lifts boil water notice
United Utilities has lifted the boil water notice that had been in place for thousands of properties in areas of Tameside and Saddleworth since Sunday (December 11).
The notice was issued as a precaution following a technical fault on equipment at Buckton Castle water treatment works. Although the fault was rectified some water that had not been treated to the usual high standards had entered the local pipe network.
UU said it will pay £20 in compensation to those customers affected by the situation. Around 17,000 properties were affected covering the areas of Stalybridge, Dukinfield, Hyde, Saddleworth, Greenfield and Ashton-Under-Lyne.
- Extended Liverpool WWTW opened by Princess Royal Her Royal Highness the Princess Royal has cut the ribbon on a £200M extension to Liverpool Wastewater Treatment Works... Read More >
- Welsh Water plans for resilient water network Building a new pipeline between south-east and south-west Wales, creating a new green energy plant in Wrexham, and rolling... Read More >
- Siemens wins instrumentation and VSD deals at UU Siemens UK & Ireland has become sole-source supplier of instrumentation and variable speed drives (VSD) automation... Read More >
- Research Notes: The wastewater headache after taking an aspirin Trace contaminants, including chemicals from pharmaceutical and household products that are part of our daily lives, are a... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Metaldehyde - a Pest of a Problem Amongst the agricultural pesticides that find their way into raw water sources, metaldehyde - which is used in slug... Read More >
- Interview: John Devall, Water Director, Northumbrian Water "Customer perception should be your reality - it's the ultimate barometer." Read More >
- Digging Deeper: Blocking leaden dangers With the dangers of lead in water highlighted recently by the case of the US city of Flint in Michigan, pipe expert Nick... Read More >
- WWEM 2016 set to be bigger than ever The Water, Wastewater and Environmental Monitoring (WWEM) Conference and Exhibition in Telford on 2-3 November is set to... Read More >