UU lifts boil water notice
United Utilities has lifted the boil water notice that had been in place for thousands of properties in areas of Tameside and Saddleworth since Sunday (December 11).
The notice was issued as a precaution following a technical fault on equipment at Buckton Castle water treatment works. Although the fault was rectified some water that had not been treated to the usual high standards had entered the local pipe network.
UU said it will pay £20 in compensation to those customers affected by the situation. Around 17,000 properties were affected covering the areas of Stalybridge, Dukinfield, Hyde, Saddleworth, Greenfield and Ashton-Under-Lyne.
- UU says it is trading in line with expectations United Utilities (UU) has announced current trading is in line with its expectations for the year to March 31, 2015 with... Read More >
- Depleting water resources to drive treatment equipment demand The global water and wastewater treatment equipment market is set to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of... Read More >
- UU invests £40M to reduce phosphorous in Lake Windermere United Utilities (UU) is investing £40M as part of a project to improve water quality in Lake Windermere. Read More >
- Project Focus: Affinity Water in metaldehyde detection trial A trial at an Affinity Water treatment works in Hertfordshire has demonstrated the effectiveness of modifying lab... Read More >
- Research Notes: The wastewater headache after taking an aspirin Trace contaminants, including chemicals from pharmaceutical and household products that are part of our daily lives, are a... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Metaldehyde - a Pest of a Problem Amongst the agricultural pesticides that find their way into raw water sources, metaldehyde - which is used in slug... Read More >
- Interview: John Devall, Water Director, Northumbrian Water "Customer perception should be your reality - it's the ultimate barometer." Read More >
- Digging Deeper: Blocking leaden dangers With the dangers of lead in water highlighted recently by the case of the US city of Flint in Michigan, pipe expert Nick... Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.