UU 'challenges' its targets in response to draft determination
United Utilities (UU) says it has 'challenged our efficiency plans further' as it submits representations in response to Ofwat's draft determination covering 2015-20 (AMP6). The revised plan, if approved, will lead to a 4.1% reduction in average household bills in real terms over AMP6, almost double that outlined in UU's June plan.
The company said that in response to the draft determination, it had reflected its aim to continue providing the best service to customers, at the lowest sustainable cost and in aresponsible manner whilst delivering value for shareholders. "In light of this,we have challenged our efficiency plans further and set, where practical, more stretching targets beyond those contained in our original business plansubmission."
UU said its response to the draft determination addresses the gap between Ofwat's totex assessment and thebusiness plan revision it submitted in June. Also, it benefits from further detailed discussions over this period with Ofwat, the Customer Challenge Group and other stakeholders.
Commenting on its plan expenditure, UU said the remaining totex gap between its June business plan submission and the draft determination was around £1B, comprising just under £800M for wastewater andjust over £200M for water. UU said its response to the draft determination reflects adjustments to its business plan which reduce planned totex by around £370M.
This includes reduced activity of around £90M primarily associated with2020-25 early start projects under the National Environment Programme (NEP5)and trunk mains resilience activity. The remaining proposed reduction of around£280M relates to cost efficiencies which bring UU's overall proposedwholesale totex for AMP6 down to £5.52B from £5.89B in June.
- Ten-year Severn Trent framework for Turner and Townsend Turner & Townsend, the global programme management and construction consultancy, has been awarded a ten-year framework... Read More >
- Turner and Townsend wins key Welsh Water role Professional services consultancy Turner & Townsend has won the lead cost management contract to provide commercial... Read More >
- United Utilities helps to create a 'virtual power station' United Utilities (UU) has signed up to Dynamic Demand, an innovative quick-fire way of switching power-hungry equipment... Read More >
- Comment: Sludge all set for reform The opening of the bioresources market presents water companies with an opportunity to do things differently, but what... Read More >
- Interview: Ben Jeffs, Chief Executive, MOSL “The whole industry has really mobilised around market opening, and the water companies deserve credit for that.” Read More >
- Close-Up: Who will be the big fish in the new water retail market? With a £2.5BN new market for non-domestic water retail to open in England in April, joint ventures, incumbents and new... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.