Utilities trio join forces to help customers cope with outages
Wales and West Utilities, Western Power Distribution and Welsh Water have joined forces to help customers get extra assistance when there are outages or other disruptions to their services.
The trio will work together to encourage eligible customers to sign up to their respective priority service registers.
“It seemed logical that if we were going to be asking people to register for additional assistance if their gas supply was interrupted, that these same people might also need extra assistance if their electricity or water supplies were interrupted,” said Wales and West Utilities director of business services Mark Oliver.
“The option for customers to register for their electricity priority service register has been running for some months now and we are looking forward to working together with Welsh Water so those who need it can register for special assistance if their water supply is interrupted too.”
Welsh Water managing director of retail services Julia Cherrett said: “We work hard to identify those customers with additional needs but we know there are more people out there that could be benefitting. Working in partnership in this way will mean that we can reach even more customers with the extensive range of help that we offer.”
People who are registered disabled, chronically sick or old enough to receive a pension are among those eligible to sign up.
-This article first appeared on Utility Week.
- CIWEM appoints a new CEO Dr Simon Festing, currently chief executive at the Society for General Microbiology, is CIWEM's new CEO. He will take up... Read More >
- National Infrastructure Plan reveals £25.6bn of water sector work The government has published its latest National Infrastructure Plan (NIP) factsheet including 28 programmes and one... Read More >
- First Reserve to buy Morrison Utility Services Utility infrastructure services provider Morrison Utility Services (MUS) is to be acquired by First Reserve, a leading... Read More >
- Data science - putting it all together It's only when different data sources are pooled and cross-correlated that the full power of IoT analytics and artificial... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.