UK software firm honoured for Australian water work
UK software company SEAMS, in partnership with consultancy AECOM, have won a major award for their asset management work with a water company in Australia.
ICON Water, which provides water and sewerage services to the Australian Capital Territory, was awarded the AMCouncil Asset Management Award 2017, recognising excellence in the management of physical assets through their life cycle and showcasing its use of best practice asset management systems and processes.
Making use of SEAMS’ investment planning expertise and Enterprise Decision Analytics (EDA) software, ICON Water were able to optimise their sewer asset intervention strategy to achieve their risk, cost and performance targets over a 20-year period. The outputs supported their dialogue with stakeholders and informed their 2018-2023 regulated sewer investment plan.
Richard Hawkins, Accounts Director at SEAMS, said: “We were thrilled to be selected by ICON Water to work with them and AECOM on this project, and for ICON Water to win this award with our software makes us immensely proud. We’ve invested a lot of time and energy into developing gamechanging technology that’s unique in its field and this award means a lot.”
Andrew Behn, Project Lead at ICON Water, said: “For Icon Water, this approach has delivered clear articulation and understanding of the balance of cost, risk, and performance with regard to our sewer network. The application of SEAMS’ EDA is the first of its kind in Australia.
“The new processes and systems, delivered in partnership with SEAMS and AECOM has helped us immensely in identifying and determining various impacts on levels of services into the future and overall benefits and costs under a number of different investment and intervention scenarios. This award is recognition of the benefits of using best practice asset investment planning.”
SEAMS was founded in Sheffield, UK in 2002 and has since grown to become one of the UK’s leading asset management software providers, working with infrastructure based organisations across the globe to help reduce costs and improve service.
- Collaborative water sensitive urban design vision for South-west A 'pioneering vision' document that identifies a more sustainable response to urban and rural water management throughout... Read More >
- EA's £300M Thames estuary flood defence deal goes to CH2M Hill The £300M contract for the Thames Estuary Asset Management Programme has been awarded to CH2M Hill by the Environment... Read More >
- AECOM launches asset management training portal AECOM has launched a new asset management training portal to enable learners to acquire an Asset Management (AM)... Read More >
- Why asset management matters Keeping a detailed asset inventory at a treatment works is a must, and is the first step towards an effective asset... Read More >
- Collaborating on Professional Excellence A new partnership between Energy & Utility Skills and the Institute of Water is to help drive forward the skills agenda... Read More >
- Reducing harmonics with passive filters or active front-end drives Harmonics in the electrical systems of operators can be addressed by front-end drives or passive filters, with each having... Read More >
- Top Tips for… Building Asset Resilience PR19 will be a considerable step forward from PR14, requiring a significant shift towards greater service resilience and a... Read More >
- A Time to Skill: how can water face its workforce challenges? Faced with the double challenge of an ageing workforce and a potential barrier to bringing in EU talent due to Brexit, how... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Waste Water Network Manager c. £42,000 depending on skills and experience An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Wastewater Network Manager within the Asset... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.