Turner and Townsend wins key Welsh Water role
Professional services consultancy Turner & Townsend has won the lead cost management contract to provide commercial and project management services to Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water (DCWW) for up to seven years.
The independent consultancy will be responsible for the provision of commercial and project management services for AMP6, in which DCWW will be investing £1.7BN to significantly improve customer service, environmental performance and essential infrastructure.
Turner & Townsend is supporting DCWW’s planned objectives to improve efficiency, reduce operational costs and drive innovation, while delivering significantly improved value for money for customers. The consultancy will use best practices identified through its experience and expertise gained from working with other major UK water companies to support DCWW’s drive to meet their AMP6 business plan and achieve outperformance across its Capital Delivery Alliance.
Patricia Moore, UK Managing Director for Infrastructure for Turner & Townsend, said: “We’re thrilled to be provided with this opportunity to expand our relationship with DCWW by driving innovation in the face of increased regulation and efficiency constraints over a number of years.
“There’s increased pressure on the standards and operating costs of both public and private sector water providers and this demands well-planned and closely-managed commercial and operational programmes. This significant contract will allow us to help DCWW to achieve their objective in delivering high quality water and wastewater services while also representing value for money for customers.”
Martin Hennessey, Director of Capital Delivery, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water, added: “Turner & Townsend will provide independent commercial, project and contract management resources to underpin our capital delivery governance and audit processes and to support the efficient delivery of the plan.
“Turner & Townsend has extensive water industry experience in relation to capital programme delivery and we look forward to working with the team over the coming years.”
- Hawksley launches in the UK Hawksley Consulting, a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Global, has launched in the UK and plans to be operating globally by... Read More >
- MWH gains Wessex Water technical consultancy deal for AMP6 Wessex Water has selected MWH, now part of Stantec, to provide technical consultancy to support its AMP6 investment... Read More >
- B&V president - US ready to tackle asset management The US needs to emulate the UK and Australia in the way it tackles asset management, said Cindy Wallis-Lage, president of... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Round Table: Water Industry Procurement in AMP6 and beyond Have procurement practices so far in AMP6 reflected the regulatory shift towards whole-life cost and Totex? Participants... Read More >
- Disappointment replaces AMP6 optimism The first year of AMP6 is complete but has the regulatory cycle lived up to expectations of renewed vigour, or has it been... Read More >
- Competition is a driver for innovation Domestic water competition is planned for England before the end of this Parliament, and contractors that innovate to... Read More >
- Blog: Connecting data for efficiency and productivity Steve Hanslow believes that at a time when AMP6 is focussing water companies on total expenditure (TOTEX) driven outcomes,... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.