Turner and Townsend wins key Welsh Water role
Professional services consultancy Turner & Townsend has won the lead cost management contract to provide commercial and project management services to Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water (DCWW) for up to seven years.
The independent consultancy will be responsible for the provision of commercial and project management services for AMP6, in which DCWW will be investing £1.7BN to significantly improve customer service, environmental performance and essential infrastructure.
Turner & Townsend is supporting DCWW’s planned objectives to improve efficiency, reduce operational costs and drive innovation, while delivering significantly improved value for money for customers. The consultancy will use best practices identified through its experience and expertise gained from working with other major UK water companies to support DCWW’s drive to meet their AMP6 business plan and achieve outperformance across its Capital Delivery Alliance.
Patricia Moore, UK Managing Director for Infrastructure for Turner & Townsend, said: “We’re thrilled to be provided with this opportunity to expand our relationship with DCWW by driving innovation in the face of increased regulation and efficiency constraints over a number of years.
“There’s increased pressure on the standards and operating costs of both public and private sector water providers and this demands well-planned and closely-managed commercial and operational programmes. This significant contract will allow us to help DCWW to achieve their objective in delivering high quality water and wastewater services while also representing value for money for customers.”
Martin Hennessey, Director of Capital Delivery, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water, added: “Turner & Townsend will provide independent commercial, project and contract management resources to underpin our capital delivery governance and audit processes and to support the efficient delivery of the plan.
“Turner & Townsend has extensive water industry experience in relation to capital programme delivery and we look forward to working with the team over the coming years.”
- FilterClear technology included in Anglian Water framework Anglian Water has included Bluewater Bio International's (BwB) high performance multimedia filtration technology... Read More >
- RAA wins AMP6 deal at Severn Trent Water Richard Allitt Associates (RAA) has been appointed to Severn Trent Water's AMP6 Sewerage Management team. This contract,... Read More >
- Murphy awarded Affinity Water civils contract J. Murphy & Sons has been awarded a place on a five-year framework agreement with Affinity Water. Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Round Table: Water Industry Procurement in AMP6 and beyond Have procurement practices so far in AMP6 reflected the regulatory shift towards whole-life cost and Totex? Participants... Read More >
- Disappointment replaces AMP6 optimism The first year of AMP6 is complete but has the regulatory cycle lived up to expectations of renewed vigour, or has it been... Read More >
- Competition is a driver for innovation Domestic water competition is planned for England before the end of this Parliament, and contractors that innovate to... Read More >
- Blog: Connecting data for efficiency and productivity Steve Hanslow believes that at a time when AMP6 is focussing water companies on total expenditure (TOTEX) driven outcomes,... Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.