Thames Water tops water social media list
Thames Water has come top in a survey of UK water sector brands for social media influence.
In its UK water brands social media influence report for 2017, tracking platform Rise gave the water company a ‘social score’ of 100. This is the second time Thames has topped the table, after it scored 74 in 2015 when the previous report was published.
Meanwhile in this year’s rankings, Wessex Water rose nine places to second, with a score of 97, and United Utilities came third, with a score of 94.
At the other end of the scale, Albion Water came bottom, with a score of 3, and the Water Industry Commission for Scotland came second-last, with a score of 6.
Rise emphasised that social media is set to grow in importance over the next five years, as a way to engage both domestic and commercial customers in the important conversation around water sustainability.
Commenting on the report, Rise Utils said: “This year we saw the biggest climbs from Wessex Water (up nine places to second), Bristol Water (up nine places to twenty-third), and Ofwat (up eight places to seventh).
“It hasn’t been such a good year for companies NI Water (down nine to twenty-fifth), Veolia UK (down nine to thirteenth), and ESWH2O (down eight to twenty-seventh).
“Well done to this year’s top three Thames Water, Wessex Water, and United Utilities.”
The annual ranking of the top 20 UK water supply sector brands is based on their social media influence as calculated by Klout, and takes into account Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn activity.
The full list is available here: https://www.rise.global/water/r/latest
-This article first appeared in Utility Week.
- Wessex selects pipe supplier for 70km network Wessex Water has selected a major supplier for its flagship water supply grid project. Saint-Gobain PAM UK has been... Read More >
- EA and NRW comment on water companies' draft determinations Ofwat has today published the water companies' responses to their draft determinations, along with representations from... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water invests £250K-plus to refurbish water tower Reservoir and water tower refurbishment specialist Stonbury is to refurbish Yorkshire Water's water tower in Mappleton.... Read More >
- Data science - putting it all together It's only when different data sources are pooled and cross-correlated that the full power of IoT analytics and artificial... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >