Thames Water professional services framework for Atkins
Atkins is to provide engineering, commercial and environmental consultancy services to Thames Water under a new professional services framework.
The framework runs until about 2030, and is central to Thames Water’s long-term strategy to tackle challenges including population growth, climate change and new regulations, whilst keeping bills affordable.
Atkins will provide a range of technical expertise and services including modelling and identification of water and wastewater service improvement requirements; the development of traditional and innovative asset and operational based management solutions; feasibility studies; investment appraisals; and the design and development of engineering solutions. Atkins’ project and programme management consultants, Faithful+Gould, will provide commercial services as part of the framework.
Graham Hunt, director for water at Atkins, said: “Thames Water is clear in its ambition – to ensure that all of its customers can enjoy safe and reliable water, whilst limiting their impact on the environment. Our appointment to a number of frameworks will be instrumental to this and will call upon a vast range of our expertise from our modellers to project managers. With decades of experience in working for water utility companies and with a team who thrive on being challenged, we will be able to work with Thames Water to provide forward-thinking practical solutions that deliver lasting value.”
The framework supports Thames Water’s alliances, whereby industry leading partners have been brought together to deliver up to £4bn of capital investment programmes and network and developer services.
- Consortium awarded £8M Western Balkans framework A UK consortium of engineering consultancies, led by Mott MacDonald and including WYG and WS Atkins, has been awarded a... Read More >
- Eight2O - name given to Thames alliance Thames Water has officially named its new collaborative alliance for capital delivery. Now operating under the name Eight2O,... Read More >
- APEM selected for DCWW environmental services framework APEM has become one of three suppliers on Dwr Cymru Welsh Water's (DCWW) environmental services framework, providing... Read More >
- Trant Engineering: Forward thinking Now positioned as a multi-discipline, innovation-focused contractor, Trant Engineering is aiming high - and says its... Read More >
- Service reservoir project refreshes supply in Burton-on-Trent Stonbury's project to construct a new service reservoir for South Staffs Water achieved the best whole-life asset solution... Read More >
- Factory Thinking: Is it time for offsite build in the water industry? Offsite manufacture of water assets in a factory environment is widely seen as a step to greater efficiency, especially if... Read More >
- Offsite build for Affinity pumping station Taking a pioneering new approach to a borehole pumping station upgrade in Essex, Affinity Water minimised asset downtime... Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >