Thames Water professional services framework for Atkins
Atkins is to provide engineering, commercial and environmental consultancy services to Thames Water under a new professional services framework.
The framework runs until about 2030, and is central to Thames Water’s long-term strategy to tackle challenges including population growth, climate change and new regulations, whilst keeping bills affordable.
Atkins will provide a range of technical expertise and services including modelling and identification of water and wastewater service improvement requirements; the development of traditional and innovative asset and operational based management solutions; feasibility studies; investment appraisals; and the design and development of engineering solutions. Atkins’ project and programme management consultants, Faithful+Gould, will provide commercial services as part of the framework.
Graham Hunt, director for water at Atkins, said: “Thames Water is clear in its ambition – to ensure that all of its customers can enjoy safe and reliable water, whilst limiting their impact on the environment. Our appointment to a number of frameworks will be instrumental to this and will call upon a vast range of our expertise from our modellers to project managers. With decades of experience in working for water utility companies and with a team who thrive on being challenged, we will be able to work with Thames Water to provide forward-thinking practical solutions that deliver lasting value.”
The framework supports Thames Water’s alliances, whereby industry leading partners have been brought together to deliver up to £4bn of capital investment programmes and network and developer services.
- Thames Water steps up fight on FOG Thames Water has launched a campaign to encourage food outlets to effectively manage waste fats, oils and grease (FOG). Read More >
- Consortium awarded £8M Western Balkans framework A UK consortium of engineering consultancies, led by Mott MacDonald and including WYG and WS Atkins, has been awarded a... Read More >
- Mott MacDonald wins Welsh public sector framework The National Procurement Service for Wales has appointed Mott MacDonald on all three phases of the new public sector... Read More >
- Expert View: Phosphorus removal made simple With the water industry seeking efficient ways to remove phosphorus (P), the C-TECH biological process is one solution... Read More >
- The C-MeX Factor As the industry gears up for the introduction of C-MeX, Kier customer services director Benjamin Bax tells Robin Hackett... Read More >
- Ross-shire Engineering: Aiming High With its latest modular water treatment plant having hit new heights in terms of scale and ambition, Ross-shire... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >
- Digital engineering for the totex environment Digitalisation of the design and construction process as well as the use of intelligent piping and instrumentation... Read More >