Thames awards Siemens meter data software deal
Thames Water has agreed a contract with Siemens for an industry-specific software package to store and manage readings from all its customer meters.
The utility went out to tender for a new Meter Data Management System (MDMS), including software licences and licence maintenance, which will act a central hub for data from the water company’s entire metering base (AMI, AMR & Manual). At the time of the procurement Thames said it would consider both cloud-based and on-premise software products.
The new system is required to support Thames Water’s ambitious Smart Metering programme, launched in 2015, which will see the rollout of 1,000,000 Smart AMI Meters by the end of 2020, with the long-term objective that all customers should be equipped with smart meters.
The water company said out the outset that it intended to procure all products and services from a single supplier. The implementation and integration of the future system with Thames Water back-end systems was not covered under the contract.
Siemens was one of three companies in the bidding for the work. No information has been disclosed on the value of the work under the contract.
- Zoe McLeod to chair SEW's Customer Challenge Group Zoe McLeod, a leading consumer advocate with a background working for the customer watchdog Consumer Focus, Citizens... Read More >
- British Water focus group to explore data and analytics British Water has founded a new focus group focusing on data and analytics, which will outline best practice in this... Read More >
- Industry experts to discuss smart water networks Industry experts in water technology, regulation, asset management, government and academia will come together to address... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Data: Predictive analysis pays off for Welsh Water Data scientists at Welsh Water built an analysis tool that can predict when service reservoirs are at risk of bacterial... Read More >
- Being intelligent, the smart thing to do Can pressure management and intelligent networks help tackle the issue of leakage? Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.