Thames awards Siemens meter data software deal
Thames Water has agreed a contract with Siemens for an industry-specific software package to store and manage readings from all its customer meters.
The utility went out to tender for a new Meter Data Management System (MDMS), including software licences and licence maintenance, which will act a central hub for data from the water company’s entire metering base (AMI, AMR & Manual). At the time of the procurement Thames said it would consider both cloud-based and on-premise software products.
The new system is required to support Thames Water’s ambitious Smart Metering programme, launched in 2015, which will see the rollout of 1,000,000 Smart AMI Meters by the end of 2020, with the long-term objective that all customers should be equipped with smart meters.
The water company said out the outset that it intended to procure all products and services from a single supplier. The implementation and integration of the future system with Thames Water back-end systems was not covered under the contract.
Siemens was one of three companies in the bidding for the work. No information has been disclosed on the value of the work under the contract.
- Amey appoints leakage management director Amey has recruited Ian Pemberton as director of leakage management and water conservation within its utilities... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water extends WSA deal with MUS Morrison Utility Services' (MUS) Water Services Agreement (WSA) contract with Yorkshire Water has been extended for a... Read More >
- South East Water launches online interactive bill South East Water has launched a new online interactive bill to explain the different terms and sections shown on its... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Data: Predictive analysis pays off for Welsh Water Data scientists at Welsh Water built an analysis tool that can predict when service reservoirs are at risk of bacterial... Read More >
- Being intelligent, the smart thing to do Can pressure management and intelligent networks help tackle the issue of leakage? Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Head of Engineering Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers the gas and electricity services into our homes and... Read more here.
- Assistant gas to grid engineer GENeco is a multi-award winning recycling and renewable energy company. We were created by Wessex Water in 2008 to help our parent company... Read more here.
- Chief Executive Officer The Electricity Association of Ireland (EAI) is the representative body for electricity producers, retailers and distributors on the island... Read more here.