Thames awards Siemens meter data software deal
Thames Water has agreed a contract with Siemens for an industry-specific software package to store and manage readings from all its customer meters.
The utility went out to tender for a new Meter Data Management System (MDMS), including software licences and licence maintenance, which will act a central hub for data from the water company’s entire metering base (AMI, AMR & Manual). At the time of the procurement Thames said it would consider both cloud-based and on-premise software products.
The new system is required to support Thames Water’s ambitious Smart Metering programme, launched in 2015, which will see the rollout of 1,000,000 Smart AMI Meters by the end of 2020, with the long-term objective that all customers should be equipped with smart meters.
The water company said out the outset that it intended to procure all products and services from a single supplier. The implementation and integration of the future system with Thames Water back-end systems was not covered under the contract.
Siemens was one of three companies in the bidding for the work. No information has been disclosed on the value of the work under the contract.
- Amey and VTOL form drone JV for asset management inspections Asset management consultancy Amey and drone technology expert VTOL Technologies have formed a joint venture - AmeyVTOL -... Read More >
- Dee Valley agrees deal for underground asset data Dee Valley Water has signed a three-year deal with data company digdat to provide a web-based service which minimises... Read More >
- Thames awards data logger and instrumentation contracts Thames Water has awarded a contract worth up to £10M for the supply, installation and maintenance of data loggers in its... Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Front Line: Luke Petts, Metering Team Leader, Morrison Utility Services In this month's Front Line feature we meet Luke Petts, who leads the team of meter installers on Thames Water's Smart... Read More >
- Optimising water supply network performance the smart way Water network management is complex but accurate flow measurement plays across the spectrum of activities, says NEL's... Read More >
- Comment: Water's digital future The opportunities and challenges for the water sector around the use of big data and analytics give rise to fundamental... Read More >
- Comment: Water, with a splash of disruption Is there an alternative to 'rip and replace' when it comes to ageing analogue telemetry equipment? Craig Wellman looks at... Read More >