Suez and CDPQ buys GE Water for 3.2bn euros
Suez and Canada's Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) are buying GE Water & Process Technologies from General Electric Company for €3.2bn in an all‐cash transaction. The deal is subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory approvals and appropriate consultation.
GE Water is a worldwide leading systems and services provider for industrial clients, supplying state‐of‐the-art water, wastewater and process systems solutions to blue‐chip customers. It generated $2.1bn revenues in 2016.
The transaction will combine two complementary players and will make Suez a leader in water resource management.
Jean‐Louis Chaussade, Suez chief executive officer of Suez, said: “I am very proud to announce the acquisition of GE Water, which will accelerate the implementation of Suez’s strategy by strengthening its position in the promising and fast‐growing industrial water market. This combination will create further value for both our employees, clients and shareholders.
“I look forward to integrating GE Water’s highly skilled staff to our teams to form an unparalleled industrial water platform. We are also thrilled to join forces with CDPQ, which shares our long-term vision for our business.”
Michael Sabia, president and chief executive officer at CDPQ, said: “GE Water has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment industry thanks to its cutting‐ edge technology and a management team that has proven itself highly skilled at leveraging that competitive advantage. Operating in a core industry, GE Water has built a premier business with recurring revenues and a high‐quality and diversified customer base.
“This investment is therefore highly aligned with CDPQ’s long‐term vision and its strategy of increasing its emphasis on stable assets anchored in the real economy, alongside key operators such as Suez.”
The acquisition is expected to close by mid‐2017 and is subject to receipt of required regulatory approvals (merger control authorities), including the EU and the US, and other customary closing conditions.
- 'Smart brick' can recycle wastewater Scientists from the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) have developed smart bricks that are capable of... Read More >
- NMCNomenca wins Severn Trent AMP6 deal NMCNomenca is to help deliver Severn Trent Water's next phase of upgrade and improvement works as part of a £400-£500M... Read More >
- Four Scottish treatment works are energy 'self-sufficient' Scottish Water's wastewater treatment works at Tannadice and water treatment facilities at Turret, Lintrathen and Castle... Read More >
- New Sludge Conference to be part of Wastewater 2018 The UK's largest wastewater event - Wastewater 2018, organised by WWT - is set to return to Birmingham on 30th January and... Read More >
- SMART-Plant points way to circular economy European wastewater experts have worked together to open seven pilot plants which demonstrate technologies which could... Read More >
- Odour control: Going Undercover Thames Water is using a combination of covers, air filtering technology and monitoring in order to ensure it meets... Read More >
- Biological odour control in wastewater treatment plants When odour issues threaten to impact on the operations and reputation of wastewater utilities, bacterial treatments can hold... Read More >
- Comment: Sludge all set for reform The opening of the bioresources market presents water companies with an opportunity to do things differently, but what... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.