Suez and CDPQ buys GE Water for 3.2bn euros
Suez and Canada's Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) are buying GE Water & Process Technologies from General Electric Company for €3.2bn in an all‐cash transaction. The deal is subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory approvals and appropriate consultation.
GE Water is a worldwide leading systems and services provider for industrial clients, supplying state‐of‐the-art water, wastewater and process systems solutions to blue‐chip customers. It generated $2.1bn revenues in 2016.
The transaction will combine two complementary players and will make Suez a leader in water resource management.
Jean‐Louis Chaussade, Suez chief executive officer of Suez, said: “I am very proud to announce the acquisition of GE Water, which will accelerate the implementation of Suez’s strategy by strengthening its position in the promising and fast‐growing industrial water market. This combination will create further value for both our employees, clients and shareholders.
“I look forward to integrating GE Water’s highly skilled staff to our teams to form an unparalleled industrial water platform. We are also thrilled to join forces with CDPQ, which shares our long-term vision for our business.”
Michael Sabia, president and chief executive officer at CDPQ, said: “GE Water has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment industry thanks to its cutting‐ edge technology and a management team that has proven itself highly skilled at leveraging that competitive advantage. Operating in a core industry, GE Water has built a premier business with recurring revenues and a high‐quality and diversified customer base.
“This investment is therefore highly aligned with CDPQ’s long‐term vision and its strategy of increasing its emphasis on stable assets anchored in the real economy, alongside key operators such as Suez.”
The acquisition is expected to close by mid‐2017 and is subject to receipt of required regulatory approvals (merger control authorities), including the EU and the US, and other customary closing conditions.
- Scientists identify nano-silver cell stressors Scientists at the Swiss Aquatic Research Institute, Eawag, have been researching the cellular processes that occur in... Read More >
- FCC Aqualia wins Mecca wastewater contract Citizen Services Group, the water management subsidiary of FCC Aqualia, has secured a contract for the operation and... Read More >
- NWG selects five for ten-year frameworks Mott MacDonald Bentley, Interserve, Integrated Water Services and a joint venture between Esh Construction and MWH have... Read More >
- Water treatment – when are bacteria dead? A new technique for measuring bacterial concentrations can provide valuable information about whether or not our water is... Read More >
- Peristaltic pumps prove the right dose for Welsh Water Switching from diaphragm to peristaltic pumps for chemical dosing helped Dwr Cymru Welsh Water save Opex costs while... Read More >
- Specialist microbes to remove wastewater hydrocarbons Hydrocarbons present particular difficulties when present in wastewater, but the right combination of bacteria can degrade... Read More >
- Project Focus: An innovative solution to the metaldehyde challenge The installation of CarboPlus technology at a treatment plant near Nantes in France has demonstrated the ability to hit... Read More >
- Round Table: Phosphorus Removal and Wastewater Innovation In the latest WWT round table, participants discussed the progress of innovative technologies for phosphorus removal, the... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Starting salary: Grade SF £30,767 - £41,226 Job description: Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Repair and maintenance ganger (team leader) Taunton Location: Taunton Starting salary: Dependent on experience and training certificates, plus standby allowance and call out Package: 45... Read more here.
- Repair and maintenance ganger (team leader) Yeovil Location: Yeovil Starting salary: 26,520 - 28,560 salary dependent on experience and training certificates, plus standby allowance and call... Read more here.
- Repair and maintenance ganger (team leader) Cossington Location: Cossington Starting salary: £26,520 - £28,560 salary dependent on experience and training certificates, plus standby allowance... Read more here.