Stonbury expands into South-west with acquisition
Water industry specialist contractor Stonbury is expanding its services into the South- west following its acquisition of Kingcombe Aquacare.
Kingcombe, which is based in Crewkerne, Somerset, has been in business for more than 30 years and specialises in all aspects of water maintenance, construction, restoration and management. The company operates throughout the South-west and also further afield throughout the UK.
The acquisition fits with Stonbury’s long-term business strategy, as the leading water industry specialist contractor across the UK and Ireland. The move also allows Stonbury’s existing services to be expanded into the South-west, providing an excellent geographical base, experienced resource and new skill sets, complementing Stonbury’s existing capabilities.
- Work starts on £14M Carlisle water pipe replacement United Utilities is starting work this week on a £14M programme to upgrade Carlisle's water pipes. Read More >
- Groundforce Shorco props up Bryn Cowlyd WTW project Props supplied by Groundforce Shorco have enabled a large excavation to be carried out in very difficult ground conditions... Read More >
- Atkins agrees to £2.1bn takeover by SNC-Lavalin Canadian engineering and construction organisation SNC-Lavalin Group is to acquire consultant group WS Atkins for an... Read More >
- Trant Engineering: Forward thinking Now positioned as a multi-discipline, innovation-focused contractor, Trant Engineering is aiming high - and says its... Read More >
- Service reservoir project refreshes supply in Burton-on-Trent Stonbury's project to construct a new service reservoir for South Staffs Water achieved the best whole-life asset solution... Read More >
- Factory Thinking: Is it time for offsite build in the water industry? Offsite manufacture of water assets in a factory environment is widely seen as a step to greater efficiency, especially if... Read More >
- Offsite build for Affinity pumping station Taking a pioneering new approach to a borehole pumping station upgrade in Essex, Affinity Water minimised asset downtime... Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >