Stonbury expands into South-west with acquisition
Water industry specialist contractor Stonbury is expanding its services into the South- west following its acquisition of Kingcombe Aquacare.
Kingcombe, which is based in Crewkerne, Somerset, has been in business for more than 30 years and specialises in all aspects of water maintenance, construction, restoration and management. The company operates throughout the South-west and also further afield throughout the UK.
The acquisition fits with Stonbury’s long-term business strategy, as the leading water industry specialist contractor across the UK and Ireland. The move also allows Stonbury’s existing services to be expanded into the South-west, providing an excellent geographical base, experienced resource and new skill sets, complementing Stonbury’s existing capabilities.
- 'Thames Water Fatberg' hit squad goes into action over sewer abuse Thames Water has deployed a "fatberg hit squad" to tackle the growing problem of sewer abuse, by urging people... Read More >
- Water UK call to action on infrastructure Long-term investment in the UK's infrastructure is not happening fast enough, Water UK's chief executive, Pamela Taylor,... Read More >
- Reading Borough Council faces £750K reservoir repair bill Reading Borough Council (RBC) is facing a £750,000 bill to repair a retaining wall at Whiteknights Reservoir even though... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >
- Front Line: Digging Scottish Water's Shieldhall Tunnel In this month's Front Line feature we meet Tom Rushe, who is part of a team of engineers working on Scottish Water's £100M... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.