Stonbury expands into South-west with acquisition
Water industry specialist contractor Stonbury is expanding its services into the South- west following its acquisition of Kingcombe Aquacare.
Kingcombe, which is based in Crewkerne, Somerset, has been in business for more than 30 years and specialises in all aspects of water maintenance, construction, restoration and management. The company operates throughout the South-west and also further afield throughout the UK.
The acquisition fits with Stonbury’s long-term business strategy, as the leading water industry specialist contractor across the UK and Ireland. The move also allows Stonbury’s existing services to be expanded into the South-west, providing an excellent geographical base, experienced resource and new skill sets, complementing Stonbury’s existing capabilities.
- Irish Water awards 20-year deal to Veolia Optimised resource management company Veolia has won a 20-year contract with Irish Water. The deal includes an €18.4M... Read More >
- Northumbrian Water 'disappointed' over Court of Appeal ruling Northumbrian Water has lost a Court of Appeal hearing for damages against building and civil engineering company Sir... Read More >
- CMA clears Severn Trent takeover of Dee Valley The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has given the green light to the acquisition of Dee Valley Water by Severn... Read More >
- A Time to Skill: how can water face its workforce challenges? Faced with the double challenge of an ageing workforce and a potential barrier to bringing in EU talent due to Brexit, how... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >
- Front Line: Digging Scottish Water's Shieldhall Tunnel In this month's Front Line feature we meet Tom Rushe, who is part of a team of engineers working on Scottish Water's £100M... Read More >