Stonbury expands into South-west with acquisition
Water industry specialist contractor Stonbury is expanding its services into the South- west following its acquisition of Kingcombe Aquacare.
Kingcombe, which is based in Crewkerne, Somerset, has been in business for more than 30 years and specialises in all aspects of water maintenance, construction, restoration and management. The company operates throughout the South-west and also further afield throughout the UK.
The acquisition fits with Stonbury’s long-term business strategy, as the leading water industry specialist contractor across the UK and Ireland. The move also allows Stonbury’s existing services to be expanded into the South-west, providing an excellent geographical base, experienced resource and new skill sets, complementing Stonbury’s existing capabilities.
- Severn Trent to invest £190M to become more energy self-suficient Severn Trent Water plans to self-generate half of its gross energy consumption through renewable sources by 2020. This... Read More >
- Ofwat rules against Southern Water in connection dispute Ofwat has ruled against Southern Water in a dispute with a customer about the reasonableness of connection costs to a... Read More >
- Stantec completes acquisition of MWH Global International engineering and consultancy firm Stantec has completed the acquisition of MWH Global, creating a combined... Read More >
- Drilling and Tapping: The Mains Man Jason Barratt's skill in drilling and tapping water mains has led to him competing around the world as well as advancing... Read More >
- A Time to Skill: how can water face its workforce challenges? Faced with the double challenge of an ageing workforce and a potential barrier to bringing in EU talent due to Brexit, how... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >