South West Water extends Diehl Metering contract
South West Water has agreed a 3-year contract extension with Diehl Metering which will see the utility continue to supply the ALTAIR volumetric water meter for domestic metered customers.
The deal reaffirms the relationship between the two parties, which will see Diehl Metering supply 50,000 meters per year to be installed by South West Water. Since the original contract was agreed in 2015, South West Water have installed the ALTAIR meters, fitted with Diehl Metering’s IZAR RC i Waterbox radio, at customers’ homes across their network.
The meters have helped improve the management of the water network in Devon and Cornwall, with Diehl Metering able to support South West Water in developing and enhancing its AMR & AMI strategy.
Meter readings are collected remotely by Drive-by systems technology. In addition to this, three Fixed-network sites offer South West Water the ability to assess the benefits from the enhanced customer service that AMI offers. A smart metering network allows data management and analytics to improve innovative billing, leak monitoring and notification, helping South West Water reduce non-revenue water and operational costs.
“Choosing the right partner is not just about the technology, but also about the company’s operating ethos, commitment to customer service, innovation and sustainability,” said Richard Gilpin, South West Water’s Director of Networks & Customer Services.”We believe that Diehl Metering is strong in all of these categories which is why we believe they are right partner for South West Water.”
- Kitchen fitter fined for use of lead solder on water pipe South West Water has vowed to take action against anyone using lead solder on potable supplies after the successful... Read More >
- House of Fraser changes water supplier for English stores Department store House of Fraser is switching water supplier for three of its city centre outlets in England. The company,... Read More >
- Anglian Water picks four to deliver IOS and IMDS programmes Barhale, Clancy Docwra, Kier MG and Morrison Utility Services are the latest contractors appointed by Anglian Water to its... Read More >
- Managing infrastructure presents a growing digital challenge Mark Kaney, director of asset management at Sweco UK, calls for the water industry to support a deeper commitment to data... Read More >
- Comment: The future of asset planning in a data-driven world United Utilities' use of modelling software to analyse and predict deterioration in its sewer network is an example of the... Read More >
- Operational Records Key for WWTPs' Long-Term Goals Good data on the performance of treatment plants is important not only for meeting quality standards in the present, but in... Read More >
- Comment: Shining a light on dark data Water companies already have the data to solve many of their most problematic issues - they just have to know where to... Read More >
- Water companies and BIM: realising the potential The utilities sector has lagged behind in implementing BIM, and has yet to fully realise its potential for maintenance as... Read More >