South West Water extends Diehl Metering contract
South West Water has agreed a 3-year contract extension with Diehl Metering which will see the utility continue to supply the ALTAIR volumetric water meter for domestic metered customers.
The deal reaffirms the relationship between the two parties, which will see Diehl Metering supply 50,000 meters per year to be installed by South West Water. Since the original contract was agreed in 2015, South West Water have installed the ALTAIR meters, fitted with Diehl Metering’s IZAR RC i Waterbox radio, at customers’ homes across their network.
The meters have helped improve the management of the water network in Devon and Cornwall, with Diehl Metering able to support South West Water in developing and enhancing its AMR & AMI strategy.
Meter readings are collected remotely by Drive-by systems technology. In addition to this, three Fixed-network sites offer South West Water the ability to assess the benefits from the enhanced customer service that AMI offers. A smart metering network allows data management and analytics to improve innovative billing, leak monitoring and notification, helping South West Water reduce non-revenue water and operational costs.
“Choosing the right partner is not just about the technology, but also about the company’s operating ethos, commitment to customer service, innovation and sustainability,” said Richard Gilpin, South West Water’s Director of Networks & Customer Services.”We believe that Diehl Metering is strong in all of these categories which is why we believe they are right partner for South West Water.”
- SWW gives an inside glimpse of Mayflower WTW South West Water (SWW) has been showing off its £60M flagship project, the new Mayflower Water Treatment Works (WTW), to... Read More >
- SWW tests drones with thermal sensors to detect water leakage South West Water (SWW), working with the University of Exeter, is test the use of drone technology and thermal imaging for... Read More >
- SWW admits discharge breaches at Dunkeswell treatment works South West Water (SWW) has appeared before Exeter Crown Court for allowing sewage to escape from its Dunkeswell treatment... Read More >
- Round Table: Digital Transformation and Operational Efficiency A digital transformation is taking place in the UK water sector, but the process is more about incremental steps than the... Read More >
- WWT presents Smart Water Networks conference 2018 With PR19 on the horizon and growing pressure on water companies to do more with less, smart systems and technology are... Read More >
- Data science - putting it all together It's only when different data sources are pooled and cross-correlated that the full power of IoT analytics and artificial... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >