South West Water extends Diehl Metering contract
South West Water has agreed a 3-year contract extension with Diehl Metering which will see the utility continue to supply the ALTAIR volumetric water meter for domestic metered customers.
The deal reaffirms the relationship between the two parties, which will see Diehl Metering supply 50,000 meters per year to be installed by South West Water. Since the original contract was agreed in 2015, South West Water have installed the ALTAIR meters, fitted with Diehl Metering’s IZAR RC i Waterbox radio, at customers’ homes across their network.
The meters have helped improve the management of the water network in Devon and Cornwall, with Diehl Metering able to support South West Water in developing and enhancing its AMR & AMI strategy.
Meter readings are collected remotely by Drive-by systems technology. In addition to this, three Fixed-network sites offer South West Water the ability to assess the benefits from the enhanced customer service that AMI offers. A smart metering network allows data management and analytics to improve innovative billing, leak monitoring and notification, helping South West Water reduce non-revenue water and operational costs.
“Choosing the right partner is not just about the technology, but also about the company’s operating ethos, commitment to customer service, innovation and sustainability,” said Richard Gilpin, South West Water’s Director of Networks & Customer Services.”We believe that Diehl Metering is strong in all of these categories which is why we believe they are right partner for South West Water.”
- Inquest returns open verdict over SWW employee death A Truro inquest into the death of a South West Water (SWW) employee has returned an open verdict. Robert Geach had been... Read More >
- South West Water incurs £300k fine for Devon watercourse pollution South West Water (SWW) has been fined £300,000 and ordered to pay £14,421 in costs by Plymouth Crown Court after polluting... Read More >
- SWW's Watercombe treatment works to go under the hammer Redundant water storage tanks, a reservoir and even a former water treatment works are among 40 sites owned by South West... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Waste Water Network Manager c. £42,000 depending on skills and experience An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Wastewater Network Manager within the Asset... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.