South West Water and i2O in network loggers deal
South West Water has agreed a deal with smart network solutions provider i2O to install 4,000 loggers over the next four years in its clean water distribution network.
The utility will use i2O’s dNet loggers to record, communicate and analyse data relating to water demand, flow, pressure, asset condition and transients.
This data will underpin South West Water’s pressure optimisation initiatives,providinginsight to ensure supply keeps pace with demand and reducing the excess pressure levels that increase leakage and damage to the network. It will also improve South West Water’s ability to spot emerging issues and reduce the time it takes to identify and repair bursts.
Bob Taylor, Operations Director at South West Water, said: “i2O’s loggers are of high quality at low cost – a winning combination. They will collect data about network performance that will help us address the challenges that we have. We have set ambitious targets for reducing leakage, improving customer service and increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of our network operations.”
The deal represents the largest contract in i2O’s history.
Joel Hagan, CEO of i2O, comments: “South West Water is currently one of the most progressive water utilities in the UK and I am delighted to be extending our relationship with them. South West Water has recognised that reliable and accurate data is a fundamental requirement for deriving actionable insight about the water network. i2O’s loggers are accurate, robust and reliable, and offer unique data about network performance.”
- South Staffs Water tops Ofwat's customer satisfaction table South Staffordshire Water has topped an annual customer satisfaction table published by industry regulator Ofwat for the... Read More >
- Rapid water technology innovation predicted to ease supply shortage A US university is predicting rapid innovation of new water technologies in coming decades to overcome increased demand... Read More >
- Hagan joins i2O as CEO Smart pressure management technology company i2O Water has announced the appointment of Joel Hagan as its new chief... Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Front Line: Luke Petts, Metering Team Leader, Morrison Utility Services In this month's Front Line feature we meet Luke Petts, who leads the team of meter installers on Thames Water's Smart... Read More >
- Optimising water supply network performance the smart way Water network management is complex but accurate flow measurement plays across the spectrum of activities, says NEL's... Read More >
- Comment: Water's digital future The opportunities and challenges for the water sector around the use of big data and analytics give rise to fundamental... Read More >
- Comment: Water, with a splash of disruption Is there an alternative to 'rip and replace' when it comes to ageing analogue telemetry equipment? Craig Wellman looks at... Read More >
- Divisional Operations Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.
- Project Manager (Electrical & Instrumentation) SGN operates over 74,000km of gas mains and services in Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, we have a responsibility... Read more here.