South West Water and i2O in network loggers deal
South West Water has agreed a deal with smart network solutions provider i2O to install 4,000 loggers over the next four years in its clean water distribution network.
The utility will use i2O’s dNet loggers to record, communicate and analyse data relating to water demand, flow, pressure, asset condition and transients.
This data will underpin South West Water’s pressure optimisation initiatives,providinginsight to ensure supply keeps pace with demand and reducing the excess pressure levels that increase leakage and damage to the network. It will also improve South West Water’s ability to spot emerging issues and reduce the time it takes to identify and repair bursts.
Bob Taylor, Operations Director at South West Water, said: “i2O’s loggers are of high quality at low cost – a winning combination. They will collect data about network performance that will help us address the challenges that we have. We have set ambitious targets for reducing leakage, improving customer service and increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of our network operations.”
The deal represents the largest contract in i2O’s history.
Joel Hagan, CEO of i2O, comments: “South West Water is currently one of the most progressive water utilities in the UK and I am delighted to be extending our relationship with them. South West Water has recognised that reliable and accurate data is a fundamental requirement for deriving actionable insight about the water network. i2O’s loggers are accurate, robust and reliable, and offer unique data about network performance.”
- South West Water ordered to tackle sewer spills The Environment Agency has introduced a series of special measures for South West Water, after the firm reported spillage... Read More >
- Data ‘like oil' for water companies Data is an incredibly valuable resource for water companies, who must use it in the right way to harness it to the best... Read More >
- UU's acceleration of its AMP6 programme continues United Utilities (UU) continues to accelerate its AMP6 capital investment programme this year, the company has announced... Read More >
- Data science - putting it all together It's only when different data sources are pooled and cross-correlated that the full power of IoT analytics and artificial... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.