South West Water and i2O in network loggers deal
South West Water has agreed a deal with smart network solutions provider i2O to install 4,000 loggers over the next four years in its clean water distribution network.
The utility will use i2O’s dNet loggers to record, communicate and analyse data relating to water demand, flow, pressure, asset condition and transients.
This data will underpin South West Water’s pressure optimisation initiatives,providinginsight to ensure supply keeps pace with demand and reducing the excess pressure levels that increase leakage and damage to the network. It will also improve South West Water’s ability to spot emerging issues and reduce the time it takes to identify and repair bursts.
Bob Taylor, Operations Director at South West Water, said: “i2O’s loggers are of high quality at low cost – a winning combination. They will collect data about network performance that will help us address the challenges that we have. We have set ambitious targets for reducing leakage, improving customer service and increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of our network operations.”
The deal represents the largest contract in i2O’s history.
Joel Hagan, CEO of i2O, comments: “South West Water is currently one of the most progressive water utilities in the UK and I am delighted to be extending our relationship with them. South West Water has recognised that reliable and accurate data is a fundamental requirement for deriving actionable insight about the water network. i2O’s loggers are accurate, robust and reliable, and offer unique data about network performance.”
- Ofwat calls on water companies to have robust data strategy Water companies must be ambitious in the way they use data to benefit customers, and ensure they have a robust data... Read More >
- CPSA updates calculators to give most efficient buried pipeline solution The Concrete Pipeline Systems Association (CPSA) has updated two of its key online tools - Structural Design Calculator... Read More >
- Morrison Data Services snaps up Meter-U Morrison Data Services, a leading UK data collection, data management and meter maintenance service provider to UK energy... Read More >
- Mobile networks: the key to smarter water solutions Low Power, Wide Area (LPWA) mobile networks could be an invaluable tool for water companies and their contractors to help... Read More >
- Round Table: Digital Transformation and Operational Efficiency A digital transformation is taking place in the UK water sector, but the process is more about incremental steps than the... Read More >
- WWT presents Smart Water Networks conference 2018 With PR19 on the horizon and growing pressure on water companies to do more with less, smart systems and technology are... Read More >
- Data science - putting it all together It's only when different data sources are pooled and cross-correlated that the full power of IoT analytics and artificial... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >