South West Water and i2O in network loggers deal
South West Water has agreed a deal with smart network solutions provider i2O to install 4,000 loggers over the next four years in its clean water distribution network.
The utility will use i2O’s dNet loggers to record, communicate and analyse data relating to water demand, flow, pressure, asset condition and transients.
This data will underpin South West Water’s pressure optimisation initiatives,providinginsight to ensure supply keeps pace with demand and reducing the excess pressure levels that increase leakage and damage to the network. It will also improve South West Water’s ability to spot emerging issues and reduce the time it takes to identify and repair bursts.
Bob Taylor, Operations Director at South West Water, said: “i2O’s loggers are of high quality at low cost – a winning combination. They will collect data about network performance that will help us address the challenges that we have. We have set ambitious targets for reducing leakage, improving customer service and increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of our network operations.”
The deal represents the largest contract in i2O’s history.
Joel Hagan, CEO of i2O, comments: “South West Water is currently one of the most progressive water utilities in the UK and I am delighted to be extending our relationship with them. South West Water has recognised that reliable and accurate data is a fundamental requirement for deriving actionable insight about the water network. i2O’s loggers are accurate, robust and reliable, and offer unique data about network performance.”
- Itron to supply 'high-end' meters to Yorkshire Water Yorkshire Water has awarded a new contract to Itron for the supply of advanced water meters for both residential and... Read More >
- Thames Water installs landmark 100,000th smart meter Thames Water has installed its landmark 100,000th smart meter, in the London Borough of Bexley. Read More >
- SWW taps into 'cutting edge' water treatment research facility South West Water (SWW) says the newly-installed cutting-edge water treatment research facility at its Crownhill site in... Read More >
- Optimising water supply network performance the smart way Water network management is complex but accurate flow measurement plays across the spectrum of activities, says NEL's... Read More >
- Comment: Water's digital future The opportunities and challenges for the water sector around the use of big data and analytics give rise to fundamental... Read More >
- Comment: Water, with a splash of disruption Is there an alternative to 'rip and replace' when it comes to ageing analogue telemetry equipment? Craig Wellman looks at... Read More >
- Interview: Anne Kemp, chair, UK BIM Alliance “It's come of age,” says Anne Kemp on why Building Information Modelling (BIM) has captured the imagination of the... Read More >
- Interview: Jeremy Heath, Innovation Manager, Sutton and East Surrey Water “ODIs have given us focus… it's simple to work out the tangible benefit of putting in a solution.” Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.