South Staffs Water to divert 17km of assets due to A14 upgrade
South Staffs Water is to divert nearly 17km of its assets because of the £1.4bn A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon Improvement Scheme.
As a result, the company is seeking permission for temporary offices and a depot with storage facilities for up to three years at its existing pumping station to the south of St Ives to support the improvement works and construction of the new A14.
In its planning application to Huntingdonshire District Council, South Staffs Water said £50M of the £1.4bn being spent on the A14 improvement scheme related to utilities work. It added that 16.5km of its assets needed to be diverted.
The company, which bought Cambridge Water plc in 2011, said the proposed offices and depot would be located within the operational boundary of the pumping station, which is served by existing access from the London Road (A1096) to the south of St Ives. The site is 350m from the edge of St Ives and less than 1km from the A14.
- Pipe manufacturer backs export growth Clay pipe manufacturer Naylor Industries, which has seen exports triple in three years, is investing in its workforce to... Read More >
- Labour pushes for infrastructure committee A report commissioned by the Labour Party is urging a change to the way major infrastructure projects are agreed and... Read More >
- Divers used in Severn Trent's Newark sewer project Severn Trent called in the help of a specialist diving company to help plumb the murky depths as part of its £60M sewer... Read More >
- Interview: Professor Dragan Savic, Exeter University "If you can't measure, you can't manage - and the most uncertain element of water management is the demand." Read More >
- Front Line: Jane Mellor, Head of Operational Procurement, NI Water In this month's Front Line feature we meet Jane Mellor, who heads the operational procurement team at Northern Ireland... Read More >
- Team effort saves time How innovation and collaboration knocked weeks off timescales on Severn Trent's Little Eaton WTW upgrade Read More >
- Comment: Waterworks fit for the 21st century In recent years, the focus of the UK's water industry has shifted from building new sophisticated water works to upgrading... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... harmonic distortion Harmonic distortion can be difficult to diagnose, but once found, it is relatively easy to remedy Read More >
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.