Siltbuster and Siltbuster Process Solutions join Selwood Group
Workdry International Ltd, the ultimate holding company of Selwood Ltd, has acquired parts of water treatment specialist Siltbuster Group in a strategic move to consolidate its position as a leading UK water handling provider.
Selwood, based in Hampshire, has a network of 21 pump rental branches around the UK. When combined, Siltbuster and Siltbuster Process Solutions are a top solutions provider for on-site water treatment, wet waste processing and the prevention of waterborne pollution, delivering a range of rapidly deployable solutions for silt management and prevention, control and treatment of water contamination.
The Siltbuster businesses will remain based in Monmouth, Wales, with their 60 employees continuing to work across the UK. The two management teams will now work closely to drive the growth of their water treatment services, and enhance their combined service offerings to the water, environmental and construction industries.
Selwood CEO Chris Garrett said: “This is a major strategic acquisition for Selwood, broadening our offering to the industries we work with and further reinforcing our position as the country’s leading pump rental solutions provider. The Siltbuster businesses are an excellent complement to Selwood’s existing products and service offering. Selwood and Siltbuster are both renowned for exceptional water handling capabilities and, importantly, share a common culture and business ethos based on product quality, innovation and outstanding customer service.”
Siltbuster CEO Dr Richard Coulton, who will continue to lead the Siltbuster businesses, said: “Siltbuster was built on innovation, and in our discussions with Selwood it became clear that Selwood shares our passion for developing and providing innovative full-service solutions.
“We are proud to have become the UK’s leader in this sector and are very excited about building on this position with the benefit of Selwood’s scale, reputation and expertise.”
The acquisition of Siltbuster aligns with Selwood’s strategy of providing a single point of contact solution for pumping and water treatment requirements, backed by its 400-strong team of specialists, comprehensive fleet and branch network. It also enables Siltbuster’s teams to offer Selwood’s pump rental products and expertise alongside its water treatment services.
- Wet wipe manufacturers issue new guidelines An update to 'flushability' guidelines has been issued by two global 'non-woven fabric' associations, representing... Read More >
- Anglian Water sets up IT alliance Anglian Water, Atos, Capgemini and Cognizant have teamed up to form ‘an industry-leading' IT alliance worth £100M over the... Read More >
- Energy and Utility Skills partners with DWP over Carillion fallout Energy & Utility Skills is working in partnership with the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) to offer support... Read More >
- Service reservoir project refreshes supply in Burton-on-Trent Stonbury's project to construct a new service reservoir for South Staffs Water achieved the best whole-life asset solution... Read More >
- Factory Thinking: Is it time for offsite build in the water industry? Offsite manufacture of water assets in a factory environment is widely seen as a step to greater efficiency, especially if... Read More >
- Offsite build for Affinity pumping station Taking a pioneering new approach to a borehole pumping station upgrade in Essex, Affinity Water minimised asset downtime... Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >
- Drilling and Tapping: The Mains Man Jason Barratt's skill in drilling and tapping water mains has led to him competing around the world as well as advancing... Read More >