Siltbuster and Siltbuster Process Solutions join Selwood Group
Workdry International Ltd, the ultimate holding company of Selwood Ltd, has acquired parts of water treatment specialist Siltbuster Group in a strategic move to consolidate its position as a leading UK water handling provider.
Selwood, based in Hampshire, has a network of 21 pump rental branches around the UK. When combined, Siltbuster and Siltbuster Process Solutions are a top solutions provider for on-site water treatment, wet waste processing and the prevention of waterborne pollution, delivering a range of rapidly deployable solutions for silt management and prevention, control and treatment of water contamination.
The Siltbuster businesses will remain based in Monmouth, Wales, with their 60 employees continuing to work across the UK. The two management teams will now work closely to drive the growth of their water treatment services, and enhance their combined service offerings to the water, environmental and construction industries.
Selwood CEO Chris Garrett said: “This is a major strategic acquisition for Selwood, broadening our offering to the industries we work with and further reinforcing our position as the country’s leading pump rental solutions provider. The Siltbuster businesses are an excellent complement to Selwood’s existing products and service offering. Selwood and Siltbuster are both renowned for exceptional water handling capabilities and, importantly, share a common culture and business ethos based on product quality, innovation and outstanding customer service.”
Siltbuster CEO Dr Richard Coulton, who will continue to lead the Siltbuster businesses, said: “Siltbuster was built on innovation, and in our discussions with Selwood it became clear that Selwood shares our passion for developing and providing innovative full-service solutions.
“We are proud to have become the UK’s leader in this sector and are very excited about building on this position with the benefit of Selwood’s scale, reputation and expertise.”
The acquisition of Siltbuster aligns with Selwood’s strategy of providing a single point of contact solution for pumping and water treatment requirements, backed by its 400-strong team of specialists, comprehensive fleet and branch network. It also enables Siltbuster’s teams to offer Selwood’s pump rental products and expertise alongside its water treatment services.
- Four Scottish treatment works are energy 'self-sufficient' Scottish Water's wastewater treatment works at Tannadice and water treatment facilities at Turret, Lintrathen and Castle... Read More >
- Extra manganese removal filters for SWW's Tamar Lakes WTW South West Water (SWW) has invested £5.5M to upgrade Tamar Lakes Water Treatment Works, near Holsworthy, to install... Read More >
- Remote-control boat aids flood repair A remote-control boat has helped the Environment Agency (EA) survey and repair a damaged flood bank in Billingham, Co... Read More >
- Ross-shire Engineering: Aiming High With its latest modular water treatment plant having hit new heights in terms of scale and ambition, Ross-shire... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >
- Digital engineering for the totex environment Digitalisation of the design and construction process as well as the use of intelligent piping and instrumentation... Read More >
- Dewatering pump maintenance: Keep moving Maintaining your dewatering pumps goes a long way, writes Joe Moser, pump product manager, Atlas Copco Construction... Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >