SHE apprenticeship scheme backed by Thames Water
Thames Water has thrown its weight behind a pioneering new apprenticeship scheme targeting safety, health and the environment (SHE).
Support for the scheme, recently granted by the Minister of State for Apprenticeships and Skills, follows a push for a formal apprenticeship at the recent London health and safety directors’ forum, where senior health and safety executives, including Thames Water’s Karl Simons, aim to drive standards and tackle challenges across the industry.
Karl Simons, Thames Water’s head of health, safety, security and wellbeing and chair of the London health and safety directors’ forum, said: “There was a groundswell of recognition that, with the growth of our profession throughout the UK, we have an opportunity to support the world of work through the development and implementation of a formal health and safety apprenticeship programme.”
He continued: “I’m delighted with the work undertaken this past year led by a group of dedicated health and safety professionals and am looking forward to welcoming the first apprentice to the scheme.”
The minister’s approval, makes this the first ever SHE apprenticeship scheme formally recognised by government.
- Thames Water seeks candidates for new traineeship scheme Thames Water is seeking 45 candidates to embark on a new traineeship scheme being implemented across its region. The... Read More >
- Murphy strengthens water offering with ADBI takeover Murphy has taken over AECOM Design Build Ireland (ADBI). The decision to buy ADBI helps Murphy broaden its water offering... Read More >
- Welsh Water launches Welsh Baccalaureate to develop skills Dwr Cymru Welsh Water has launched its new Welsh Baccalaureate resource at Cardiff and Vale College. The company was... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... site security The current threat level for international terrorism in the UK is classed as ‘severe', and damage or destruction to... Read More >
- Tanks need a spot of TLC Proper maintenance of tanks is key to ensure their long and productive life, while refurbishment can give a new lease of... Read More >
- Fundamental Equations Alec Erskine explores how some key equations can assist with the business of asset management in water Read More >
- Yorkshire Water's decision-making uses ‘five capitals’ approach Yorkshire Water has developed a new decision-making framework for PR19 which quantifies natural and social factors Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.