Severn Trent Water picks its AMP6 and 7 consultants
Severn Trent Water has selected Atkins, MWH UK and Jacobs UK for new engineering consultancy framework. All three consultants will work alongside Severn Trent Water's own staff to manage the work across the company's entire area.
The contract, worth £8M to £25M a year, began in August 2013 and are initially for ten years, and supports the feasibility stages of Severn Trent Water’s investment programme through AMP6 and 7.
Andy Smith, water services director for Severn Trent Water, said: “These consultants have proved they are the organisations that we want to build our future partnership with, displaying strengths that will help us deliver excellent service to our customers.
"These new partnerships are about being an integrated team, delivering our objectives to achieve common goals."
Richard Ratcliff, MWH water business director and contract director. said: “MWH will provide feasibility and other services covering both water and wastewater across all above-ground and below-ground assets. We are delighted to have been appointed to this framework and are really looking forward to getting an early start and working with STW on its AMP6 programme now and in future AMP7.”
- Anglian calculates £2B spend without bills rising above inflation Anglian Water says that by becoming "even more efficient" it should be able to spend more than £2B on capital... Read More >
- Severn Trent Services gains more Californian treatment contracts Severn Trent Services (STS) is taking over the operation of all municipal and private water and wastewater treatment... Read More >
- WPL wins three utility wastewater contracts Work is underway on three UK utility framework contracts awarded to packaged wastewater treatment specialist WPL, two by... Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >
- Top Tips for... System Totex With Ofwat's AMP6 reforms putting Totex at the centre of the investment planning process, applying this approach at inlet... Read More >
- Interview: Lawrence Gosden, MD, Wastewater, Thames Water This month we talk to Lawrence Gosden, MD for wastewater at Thames Water, about building flood resilience in London and... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Round Table: Water Industry Procurement in AMP6 and beyond Have procurement practices so far in AMP6 reflected the regulatory shift towards whole- life cost and Totex? Participants... Read More >