Severn Trent Water picks its AMP6 and 7 consultants
Severn Trent Water has selected Atkins, MWH UK and Jacobs UK for new engineering consultancy framework. All three consultants will work alongside Severn Trent Water's own staff to manage the work across the company's entire area.
The contract, worth £8M to £25M a year, began in August 2013 and are initially for ten years, and supports the feasibility stages of Severn Trent Water’s investment programme through AMP6 and 7.
Andy Smith, water services director for Severn Trent Water, said: “These consultants have proved they are the organisations that we want to build our future partnership with, displaying strengths that will help us deliver excellent service to our customers.
"These new partnerships are about being an integrated team, delivering our objectives to achieve common goals."
Richard Ratcliff, MWH water business director and contract director. said: “MWH will provide feasibility and other services covering both water and wastewater across all above-ground and below-ground assets. We are delighted to have been appointed to this framework and are really looking forward to getting an early start and working with STW on its AMP6 programme now and in future AMP7.”
- 'Eureka' moment for solution to water contamination A scientific breakthrough might have provided a solution to the issue of water contamination, say researchers at Houston... Read More >
- Meridian Utilities gains £64M worth of deals with NI Water Meridian Utilities has won two contracts, worth more than £64M in total, with NI Water. The contracts cover water and... Read More >
- United Utilities trials meter reading via refuse collection United Utilities is trialling a new water metering scheme where secure readings are transmitted automatically to special... Read More >
- Comment: Capital Maintenance comes to the fore The tight cost of capital set by Ofwat for PR19 will mean water companies will need to place the emphasis on maintenance... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >
- Top Tips for... System Totex With Ofwat's AMP6 reforms putting Totex at the centre of the investment planning process, applying this approach at inlet... Read More >
- Interview: Lawrence Gosden, MD, Wastewater, Thames Water This month we talk to Lawrence Gosden, MD for wastewater at Thames Water, about building flood resilience in London and... Read More >