Royal Imtech goes into administration
Administrators have been appointed at Dutch group Royal Imtech after it filed a request to be granted a suspension of payments with the District Court Rotterdam. The development comes days after the group's German subsidiary filed for insolvency.
In a statement, the group said it was "very disappointing that after all the efforts of all involved it has not proven possible to avoid this situation. Filing for suspension of payments now may optimise the chances that substantial parts of the Imtech Group may continue in the interest of all stakeholders and specifically our employees".
Royal Imtech had considered all options in view of the fact that an agreement with financiers on additional financing could not be reached.
Imtech UK and Ireland, which includes Imtech Water, Waste & Energy, is continuing to trade as normal and "is not subject to this administration". It said: “Imtech UK and Ireland now operates under the sole control of the UK management and we are continuing to trade. While continuing our business we are also assessing longer-term options and in discussions with interested parties.”
- Water Industry Achievement Awards 2015 finalists announced! Entries for this year's Water Industry Achievement Awards are in, and the judges have made their difficult decisions. The... Read More >
- Water industry 'Oscars' open for entries It's September which can only mean one thing ─ it's time to get those entries rolling in for the Water Industry... Read More >
- Renewable energy partners sought by Northumbrian Water Northumbrian Water is seeking up to four renewable energy partners who will secure 100 % of the required funding and then... Read More >
- Interview: Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew discusses the company's shift towards smart infrastructure solutions and the... Read More >
- Expert View: Phosphorus removal made simple With the water industry seeking efficient ways to remove phosphorus (P), the C-TECH biological process is one solution... Read More >
- The C-MeX Factor As the industry gears up for the introduction of C-MeX, Kier customer services director Benjamin Bax tells Robin Hackett... Read More >
- Ross-shire Engineering: Aiming High With its latest modular water treatment plant having hit new heights in terms of scale and ambition, Ross-shire... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >