Royal Imtech goes into administration
Administrators have been appointed at Dutch group Royal Imtech after it filed a request to be granted a suspension of payments with the District Court Rotterdam. The development comes days after the group's German subsidiary filed for insolvency.
In a statement, the group said it was "very disappointing that after all the efforts of all involved it has not proven possible to avoid this situation. Filing for suspension of payments now may optimise the chances that substantial parts of the Imtech Group may continue in the interest of all stakeholders and specifically our employees".
Royal Imtech had considered all options in view of the fact that an agreement with financiers on additional financing could not be reached.
Imtech UK and Ireland, which includes Imtech Water, Waste & Energy, is continuing to trade as normal and "is not subject to this administration". It said: “Imtech UK and Ireland now operates under the sole control of the UK management and we are continuing to trade. While continuing our business we are also assessing longer-term options and in discussions with interested parties.”
- More solar power installations for Southern Water Southern Water is to install more than 15,000 solar panels at three of its sites to help protect the environment and save... Read More >
- Company fined for blood pollution in stream A company and its director have received fines and costs totalling £33,000 after significantly polluting a stream with... Read More >
- Portable device detects lead in grey water at source Students at United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) have developed a portable device that can detect heavy metal levels in... Read More >
- Dewatering pump maintenance: Keep moving Maintaining your dewatering pumps goes a long way, writes Joe Moser, pump product manager, Atlas Copco Construction... Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >
- Analysis: Assessing lane rental's pros and cons While lane rental may be popular with many, Robin Hackett hears why the majority of utilities and contractors are fiercely... Read More >
- Interview: New Eric Wright Water MD Neal Whittle Eric Wright Water's new managing director, Neal Whittle, tells Robin Hackett about the importance of delivering on... Read More >
- Trant Engineering: Forward thinking Now positioned as a multi-discipline, innovation-focused contractor, Trant Engineering is aiming high - and says its... Read More >