PR19 leakage targets will drive innovation - Ofwat's Ashley
Ofwat expects to promote greater innovation by setting strong leakage challenges in PR19, the regulator's director of customer engagement and outcomes, Jon Ashley, told the Utility Week Live conference today (22 May).
Ofwat is challenging companies to reduce leakage by 15 per cent as part of its PR19 methodology and Ashley said there had been a "mixed response" from the companies, with some "really recognising there was a need for an ambitious reduction in leakage" and others believing the target may be a step too far.
- Ofwat allows Severn Trent to focus on key critical issues in price review A proposal by Severn Trent Water to limit its response to the draft determinations to just a handful of critical issues... Read More >
- Ofwat sets out agenda of reforms to restore trust Ofwat has set out its agenda for rebuilding public trust in the water sector as it continues to push water companies to... Read More >
- Performance and service levels high on Severn Trent's agenda Severn Trent Water plans to invest £600-620M this year to further improve its operational performance and service levels.... Read More >
- Why Yorkshire Water is rolling out its 'Best Tariff' pilot Liz Barber, Yorkshire Water's director of finance, regulation and markets, explains the company's plans to proactively... Read More >
- Problem solving upfront: embracing digital technology Scottish Water is the latest water utility to make advances in digital engineering through the use of BIM technology,... Read More >
- Sustainable success: RainScape and Greener Grangetown Welsh Water and its project partners soaked up the acclaim at the Water Industry Awards as the SuDS-focused RainScape and... Read More >
- Treating the Blues: Low-cost, sustainable nitrate treatment Advances in biotechnology now mean that low-cost, sustainable nitrate treatment for drinking water and wastewater is... Read More >
- Comment: Problem solving upfront - embracing digital tech Atkins water director Richard Whale explains how the company is taking big strides forward in automated design and the... Read More >