Outstanding achievement honour for WaterAid's Barbara Frost
WaterAid chief executive Barbara Frost has been awarded the prestigious Daniel Phelan Award for Outstanding Achievement 2015 at the annual Charity Awards. Frost received the honour for her dedicated commitment and influential contribution to international development, as well as her wider contribution to the sector as a deputy chair of the Association of Chief Executives of Voluntary Organisations.
Frost said: “I’m absolutely delighted to receive this award. I’m very fortunate to have had the chance to serve both WaterAid and Action on Disability and Development. Both are organisations of talented and committed people who, with our supporters, are passionate about addressing injustice and making a real difference to people’s lives around the world.
“WaterAid was born out of the inspiration of the UK water industry, and now with the support of individual supporters, governments and companies much has been done to assist poor and marginalised people around the world gain access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene.
“This year is particularly significant as in New York in September UN nation states are expected to sign up to eradicating extreme poverty by 2030 – an inspiring global commitment which will require everyone in this world to have access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. The challenge is now really on."
Andrew Hind, chair of the Charity Awards judging panel, said: “Barbara was an easy choice for this year’s Outstanding Achievement Award. She is a consummate campaigner and a hugely popular figure both among her own colleagues and in the wider sector, not least because she only ever seeks profile for her organisation and the issues it’s trying to progress – never for herself. She genuinely deserves this honour.”
WaterAid is one of the fastest growing larger charities in the UK and is now working in 37 countries, focusing on poor and marginalised communities accessing safe water, sanitation and hygiene as a major step out of poverty.
- Wales to have greater say over water rules: report The Welsh government is to be given new powers over water, under changes by the UK government to the Wales Bill. Read More >
- South West Water extends alliance South West Water (SWW) has extended its H50 Alliance contract with partners Hyder, Pell Frischmann, Interserve Project... Read More >
- Enhance catchment partnerships' authority, says CIWEM CIWEM is urging the government to enhance the authority and resources of catchment partnerships in more than 100 river... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Waste Water Network Manager c. £42,000 depending on skills and experience An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Wastewater Network Manager within the Asset... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.