Ofwat makes two senior appointments
Ofwat has announced the appointment of two new senior directors.
Emma Kelso will join the regulator as Senior Director, Customers and Casework, while Lisa Commane will take up the role of Senior Director, Business Improvement.
Kelso joins Ofwat after 10 years at energy regulator Ofgem, where she has been responsible for wholesale markets, was a member of Ofgem’s Enforcement Oversight Board and has also worked on retail markets. She previously worked for the Office of Rail Regulation and the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales, Australia.
Lisa Commane has held a number of senior roles at Coventry City Council and is currently their Director of Customer Services and Transformation responsible for a broad range of corporate functions including IT, HR, procurement, communications and customer service. Prior to that she worked for KPMG and Deloitte.
Ofwat Chief Executive, Cathryn Ross, said: “I am pleased to announce Emma’s and Lisa’s appointments. They both have a wealth of experience from both the private and public sectors, and their skills and enthusiasm will see them making a great contribution to Ofwat.”
“We have an exciting few years ahead across all our work and I know Emma and Lisa will contribute enormously to helping to deliver our vision of trust and confidence in vital public water and wastewater services.”
The pair will take up their new roles in September, and will both be members of Ofwat’s Senior Leadership Team.
- South West Water faces £2M Ofwat penalty South West Water faces a penalty of £2.09 million, while Severn Trent and Anglian Water are both set to benefit from... Read More >
- Ofwat confirms Northumbrian Water and Welsh Water for early determination Water regulator Ofwat is to proceed with early draft determinations for Northumbrian Water and Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water. Read More >
- Customers could get 70% of Thames super sewer underspend Customers are set to benefit from any underspend on the £4.2bn Thames Tideway Tunnel, under a consultation issued by Ofwat... Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >
- Analysis: Assessing lane rental's pros and cons While lane rental may be popular with many, Robin Hackett hears why the majority of utilities and contractors are fiercely... Read More >
- Opinion: Action needed on product specifications and skills BPF Pipes Group president Derek Muckle calls for a basic engineering and procurement skillset to set the standard for what... Read More >
- Bioresource data leads to focus on sludge quality The recent publication of data about the quantity and quality of sludge produced at water company wastewater treatment... Read More >
- Opinion: Why the EA needs to rethink its charges hike AD operators will have little time to adapt to the shock increase in charges proposed by the EA, writes Anaerobic... Read More >