Ofwat makes two senior appointments
Ofwat has announced the appointment of two new senior directors.
Emma Kelso will join the regulator as Senior Director, Customers and Casework, while Lisa Commane will take up the role of Senior Director, Business Improvement.
Kelso joins Ofwat after 10 years at energy regulator Ofgem, where she has been responsible for wholesale markets, was a member of Ofgem’s Enforcement Oversight Board and has also worked on retail markets. She previously worked for the Office of Rail Regulation and the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales, Australia.
Lisa Commane has held a number of senior roles at Coventry City Council and is currently their Director of Customer Services and Transformation responsible for a broad range of corporate functions including IT, HR, procurement, communications and customer service. Prior to that she worked for KPMG and Deloitte.
Ofwat Chief Executive, Cathryn Ross, said: “I am pleased to announce Emma’s and Lisa’s appointments. They both have a wealth of experience from both the private and public sectors, and their skills and enthusiasm will see them making a great contribution to Ofwat.”
“We have an exciting few years ahead across all our work and I know Emma and Lisa will contribute enormously to helping to deliver our vision of trust and confidence in vital public water and wastewater services.”
The pair will take up their new roles in September, and will both be members of Ofwat’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Two non-executive recruits for South East Water South East Water (SEW) has announced the appointment of two new non-executive directors - Chris Girling and Olivier Fortin... Read More >
- Operational efficiencies saves Affinity Water £12M Affinity Water has announced revenue of £288M on a pre-tax profit of £43M for the year to March 31, 2013. Read More >
- Portsmouth Water tops customer satisfaction list Portsmouth Water has, for the second year in a row, come out on top for handling customer queries and resolving issues. Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >
- Analysis: Assessing lane rental's pros and cons While lane rental may be popular with many, Robin Hackett hears why the majority of utilities and contractors are fiercely... Read More >
- Opinion: Action needed on product specifications and skills BPF Pipes Group president Derek Muckle calls for a basic engineering and procurement skillset to set the standard for what... Read More >
- Bioresource data leads to focus on sludge quality The recent publication of data about the quantity and quality of sludge produced at water company wastewater treatment... Read More >
- Opinion: Why the EA needs to rethink its charges hike AD operators will have little time to adapt to the shock increase in charges proposed by the EA, writes Anaerobic... Read More >