Ofwat makes two senior appointments
Ofwat has announced the appointment of two new senior directors.
Emma Kelso will join the regulator as Senior Director, Customers and Casework, while Lisa Commane will take up the role of Senior Director, Business Improvement.
Kelso joins Ofwat after 10 years at energy regulator Ofgem, where she has been responsible for wholesale markets, was a member of Ofgem’s Enforcement Oversight Board and has also worked on retail markets. She previously worked for the Office of Rail Regulation and the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales, Australia.
Lisa Commane has held a number of senior roles at Coventry City Council and is currently their Director of Customer Services and Transformation responsible for a broad range of corporate functions including IT, HR, procurement, communications and customer service. Prior to that she worked for KPMG and Deloitte.
Ofwat Chief Executive, Cathryn Ross, said: “I am pleased to announce Emma’s and Lisa’s appointments. They both have a wealth of experience from both the private and public sectors, and their skills and enthusiasm will see them making a great contribution to Ofwat.”
“We have an exciting few years ahead across all our work and I know Emma and Lisa will contribute enormously to helping to deliver our vision of trust and confidence in vital public water and wastewater services.”
The pair will take up their new roles in September, and will both be members of Ofwat’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Regulator will 'challenge' Thames Water on price rises Ofwat is to "challenge" Thames Water over its proposed price increases, saying they will only be allowed if... Read More >
- Ofwat calls for formal powers to regulate brokers Formal powers to regulate third party intermediaries will be “important” to ensure business water customers are treated... Read More >
- Industry out for Customer Conference Senior representatives from ten UK water utilities will join speakers from government, regulatory and customer groups for... Read More >
- Comment: What could retail competition do for customers? Domestic retail competition could provide an opportunity to look again at how we determine the price of water to the... Read More >
- Comment: Sludge all set for reform The opening of the bioresources market presents water companies with an opportunity to do things differently, but what... Read More >
- Interview: Ben Jeffs, Chief Executive, MOSL “The whole industry has really mobilised around market opening, and the water companies deserve credit for that.” Read More >
- Close-Up: Who will be the big fish in the new water retail market? With a £2.5BN new market for non-domestic water retail to open in England in April, joint ventures, incumbents and new... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Waste Water Network Manager c. £42,000 depending on skills and experience An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Wastewater Network Manager within the Asset... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.