Northumbrian Water upgrades Newcastle reservoir
Northumbrian Water has announced a £2.2M upgrade of a Newcastle reservoir to help improve and protect the sustainable supply of water to more than 60,000 properties across Tyneside.
The company will start work on the site in Fenham on Monday (December 5), with the refurbishment scheme expected to take about a year to complete.
The project will be carried out by the company’s delivery partner, Mott MacDonald Bentley. As well as upgrading the reservoir, the development will involve re-landscaping the site.
Project manager Richard Johnston said: “This is an important upgrade to the Fenham service reservoir that will protect and maintain our ability to deliver excellent quality water across Tyneside. We will be working within our own site, but understand that neighbours of the reservoir will see and hear work taking place and we will endeavour to keep them informed and updated as the project progresses.”
- Northumbrian Water spends £3M on STW upgrades Northumbrian Water has announced a £3M investment programme to modernise New Moors sewage treatment works (STW) and Esh... Read More >
- Ofwat predicts 40 retail licence applications this year Ofwat said it expects as many as 40 applications from companies for retail supply licences in the coming financial year. Read More >
- Urgent action needed to address water shortages and flood risk Urgent action is needed in the UK to address climate-related risks including water shortages and flooding, a new report by... Read More >
- Top Tips for… Building Asset Resilience PR19 will be a considerable step forward from PR14, requiring a significant shift towards greater service resilience and a... Read More >
- A Time to Skill: how can water face its workforce challenges? Faced with the double challenge of an ageing workforce and a potential barrier to bringing in EU talent due to Brexit, how... Read More >
- Grit removal: the importance of protecting downstream equipment The water industry needs to wake up to the costly damage that wastewater grit can cause and take action to ensure that key... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... site security The current threat level for international terrorism in the UK is classed as ‘severe', and damage or destruction to... Read More >