Northumbrian Water upgrades Newcastle reservoir
Northumbrian Water has announced a £2.2M upgrade of a Newcastle reservoir to help improve and protect the sustainable supply of water to more than 60,000 properties across Tyneside.
The company will start work on the site in Fenham on Monday (December 5), with the refurbishment scheme expected to take about a year to complete.
The project will be carried out by the company’s delivery partner, Mott MacDonald Bentley. As well as upgrading the reservoir, the development will involve re-landscaping the site.
Project manager Richard Johnston said: “This is an important upgrade to the Fenham service reservoir that will protect and maintain our ability to deliver excellent quality water across Tyneside. We will be working within our own site, but understand that neighbours of the reservoir will see and hear work taking place and we will endeavour to keep them informed and updated as the project progresses.”
- Northumbrian Water creates gas from sewage for the national grid Northumbrian Water is now creating gas from sewage treatment for the national grid, having generated electricity for the... Read More >
- Voluntary scheme for farmers helps reduce pesticide use A voluntary scheme for farmers aimed at reducing pesticide use is achieving results in its first year of operation for... Read More >
- New reservoir in Tipperary takes shape Irish Water has entered compulsory purchase orders for land needed to carry out the construction of a new reservoir in... Read More >
- Precast concrete panels get flexible for sludge storage Ofwat's reforms to create a new market for bioresources will mean a greater focus on the way sludge cake is stored.... Read More >
- Water companies and BIM: realising the potential The utilities sector has lagged behind in implementing BIM, and has yet to fully realise its potential for maintenance as... Read More >
- Interview: Digital Danger Cyber attacks are becoming an increasing threat but, while the UK water industry could be vulnerable, Anglian Water... Read More >
- Senior asset leaders to come together ahead of PR19 The sixth annual WWT Water Industry Asset Management conference takes place on 10th May 2018 and will attract asset... Read More >
- Component pricing: a disposable dilemma When working out the whole-life cost of a pump or similar equipment, one variable is how often components need to be... Read More >