Northumbrian Water upgrades Newcastle reservoir
Northumbrian Water has announced a £2.2M upgrade of a Newcastle reservoir to help improve and protect the sustainable supply of water to more than 60,000 properties across Tyneside.
The company will start work on the site in Fenham on Monday (December 5), with the refurbishment scheme expected to take about a year to complete.
The project will be carried out by the company’s delivery partner, Mott MacDonald Bentley. As well as upgrading the reservoir, the development will involve re-landscaping the site.
Project manager Richard Johnston said: “This is an important upgrade to the Fenham service reservoir that will protect and maintain our ability to deliver excellent quality water across Tyneside. We will be working within our own site, but understand that neighbours of the reservoir will see and hear work taking place and we will endeavour to keep them informed and updated as the project progresses.”
- Sale of NI reservoir put on hold Northern Ireland Water has halted a plan to sell a disused reservoir to the private sector after public opposition led to... Read More >
- ECS wins EA's Peakirk Pumping Station redevelopment deal ECS Engineering Services has won a contract to redevelop and refurbish the Environment Agency's (EA) Peakirk Pumping... Read More >
- Ultrasonic system kills off algae for SBW Sembcorp Bournemouth Water (SBW) is using an ultrasonic algae control system to kill off algae at Longham Lakes, an east... Read More >
- Analytics and Asset Management The water companies that have been most effective in this AMP period are those that have combined asset management and... Read More >
- Why asset management matters Keeping a detailed asset inventory at a treatment works is a must, and is the first step towards an effective asset... Read More >
- Collaborating on Professional Excellence A new partnership between Energy & Utility Skills and the Institute of Water is to help drive forward the skills agenda... Read More >
- Reducing harmonics with passive filters or active front-end drives Harmonics in the electrical systems of operators can be addressed by front-end drives or passive filters, with each having... Read More >
- Top Tips for… Building Asset Resilience PR19 will be a considerable step forward from PR14, requiring a significant shift towards greater service resilience and a... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.