Northumbrian Water upgrades Newcastle reservoir
Northumbrian Water has announced a £2.2M upgrade of a Newcastle reservoir to help improve and protect the sustainable supply of water to more than 60,000 properties across Tyneside.
The company will start work on the site in Fenham on Monday (December 5), with the refurbishment scheme expected to take about a year to complete.
The project will be carried out by the company’s delivery partner, Mott MacDonald Bentley. As well as upgrading the reservoir, the development will involve re-landscaping the site.
Project manager Richard Johnston said: “This is an important upgrade to the Fenham service reservoir that will protect and maintain our ability to deliver excellent quality water across Tyneside. We will be working within our own site, but understand that neighbours of the reservoir will see and hear work taking place and we will endeavour to keep them informed and updated as the project progresses.”
- Pre-cast concrete used for Thames reservoirs Pre-cast concrete storage tanks will be used to build two new underground water storage reservoirs in Reading. Thames Water... Read More >
- Neighbouring companies sign water resilience deal Wessex Water has signed a water resilience agreement with neighbouring Sembcorp Bournemouth Water to ensure that customers... Read More >
- Data reveals water company service levels to developers Data on the level of service that water companies are providing to housebuilders and other developers has been published... Read More >
- Interview: Professor Dragan Savic, Exeter University "If you can't measure, you can't manage - and the most uncertain element of water management is the demand." Read More >
- Front Line: Jane Mellor, Head of Operational Procurement, NI Water In this month's Front Line feature we meet Jane Mellor, who heads the operational procurement team at Northern Ireland... Read More >
- Team effort saves time How innovation and collaboration knocked weeks off timescales on Severn Trent's Little Eaton WTW upgrade Read More >
- Comment: Waterworks fit for the 21st century In recent years, the focus of the UK's water industry has shifted from building new sophisticated water works to upgrading... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... harmonic distortion Harmonic distortion can be difficult to diagnose, but once found, it is relatively easy to remedy Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.