Northumbrian Water upgrades Newcastle reservoir
Northumbrian Water has announced a £2.2M upgrade of a Newcastle reservoir to help improve and protect the sustainable supply of water to more than 60,000 properties across Tyneside.
The company will start work on the site in Fenham on Monday (December 5), with the refurbishment scheme expected to take about a year to complete.
The project will be carried out by the company’s delivery partner, Mott MacDonald Bentley. As well as upgrading the reservoir, the development will involve re-landscaping the site.
Project manager Richard Johnston said: “This is an important upgrade to the Fenham service reservoir that will protect and maintain our ability to deliver excellent quality water across Tyneside. We will be working within our own site, but understand that neighbours of the reservoir will see and hear work taking place and we will endeavour to keep them informed and updated as the project progresses.”
- South Staffs beefs up reservoir security South Staffs Water (SSW) has completed the roll-out of electronic hatch-protection systems at 14 underground drinking... Read More >
- Essex and Suffolk Water helps farmers get Pesti-wise A dozen farmers from around Abberton Reservoir's natural catchment area of Layer Brook were invited on a special visit by... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water and EA extends compensation releases trial Yorkshire Water and the Environment Agency's trial compensation releases in the Loxley and Rivelin Valleys is to be... Read More >
- Problem solving upfront: embracing digital technology Scottish Water is the latest water utility to make advances in digital engineering through the use of BIM technology,... Read More >
- Engaging 'returners' will boost women in engineering Ahead of International Women in Engineering Day, Safa Elbashir, Water Engineer at AECOM, says that one of the keys for... Read More >
- Managing infrastructure presents a growing digital challenge Mark Kaney, director of asset management at Sweco UK, calls for the water industry to support a deeper commitment to data... Read More >
- Comment: The future of asset planning in a data-driven world United Utilities' use of modelling software to analyse and predict deterioration in its sewer network is an example of the... Read More >
- Why do motors fail? Pump motors can run for half a century if they are properly maintained, writes Dave Hawley Read More >