Northumbrian Water upgrades Newcastle reservoir
Northumbrian Water has announced a £2.2M upgrade of a Newcastle reservoir to help improve and protect the sustainable supply of water to more than 60,000 properties across Tyneside.
The company will start work on the site in Fenham on Monday (December 5), with the refurbishment scheme expected to take about a year to complete.
The project will be carried out by the company’s delivery partner, Mott MacDonald Bentley. As well as upgrading the reservoir, the development will involve re-landscaping the site.
Project manager Richard Johnston said: “This is an important upgrade to the Fenham service reservoir that will protect and maintain our ability to deliver excellent quality water across Tyneside. We will be working within our own site, but understand that neighbours of the reservoir will see and hear work taking place and we will endeavour to keep them informed and updated as the project progresses.”
- Oil drilling 'no threat' to public water supply in NI Northern Ireland Water has insisted that oil drilling exploratory work by Infrastrata at Woodburn Forest poses “no threat”... Read More >
- Voluntary scheme for farmers helps reduce pesticide use A voluntary scheme for farmers aimed at reducing pesticide use is achieving results in its first year of operation for... Read More >
- South Staffs beefs up reservoir security South Staffs Water (SSW) has completed the roll-out of electronic hatch-protection systems at 14 underground drinking... Read More >
- Front Line: Jane Mellor, Head of Operational Procurement, NI Water In this month's Front Line feature we meet Jane Mellor, who heads the operational procurement team at Northern Ireland... Read More >
- Team effort saves time How innovation and collaboration knocked weeks off timescales on Severn Trent's Little Eaton WTW upgrade Read More >
- Comment: Waterworks fit for the 21st century In recent years, the focus of the UK's water industry has shifted from building new sophisticated water works to upgrading... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... harmonic distortion Harmonic distortion can be difficult to diagnose, but once found, it is relatively easy to remedy Read More >
- Comment: Data the key to making Totex leap A step change in operational data management is essential to driving the risk-based Totex model that is called for in... Read More >