Northumbrian to carry out £15M treatment works upgrade
Northumbrian Water is investing £15M to upgrade two of its water treatment works in Northumberland.
The work at Warkworth and at Whittle Dene, near Horsley, will help to ensure the highest possible water quality for more than 290,000 homes across Northumberland.
Phased across two years, the upgrades at Whittle Dene WTW started at the end of 2016 and the work at Warkworth WTW commences this month.
At Whittle Dene, the project includes the refurbishment of old tanks, installation of a new tank and apparatus as well as the upgrade of existing equipment.
The work at Warkworth will see upgrades to tanker facilities and water treatment equipment, the introduction of new security fencing and CCTV, and the installation of new screens in the river intake, which serves the site.
Northumbrian Water partners Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) and Interserve Construction are carrying out the work.
Glyn Jenkins, Project Manager at Northumbrian Water, said: “We are focused on providing the best possible experience and service to our customers. This investment at our water treatment works at Warkworth and Whittle Dene will help us to deliver upon that aim.”
The utility will update residents and other interested parties on the progress of the project via the website www.nwlcommunityportal.co.uk.
- Seymour well positioned for trunk mains cleansing work Seymour Civil Engineering expects the 'floodgates to open' for further specialist work, saying it is well positioned to... Read More >
- Surface water management solution for Network Rail project A complete surface water management solution at Network Rail's new railway maintenance depot at Three Bridges, near... Read More >
- Major Newcastle flood scheme complete A major scheme to tackle flooding in Brunton Park, Newcastle, is complete. Read More >
- Top Tips for... System Totex With Ofwat's AMP6 reforms putting Totex at the centre of the investment planning process, applying this approach at inlet... Read More >
- Gasification of Sludge: Innovation in Action Yorkshire Water's advanced thermal conversion (ATC) gasification plant at Lower Brighouse WWTW has achieved a timely... Read More >
- The Next Generation of Sludge Dewatering The established equipment for dewatering sludge all comes with various pros and cons, but technology is now evolving for the... Read More >
- Nutrient imbalance in wastewater Keeping carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus in the right ratio can be a challenge at wastewater plants, but help is at hand Read More >
- Mayflower Treatment Works: Setting Sail for New Waters South West Water's new £60M Mayflower Water Treatment Works in Plymouth is pioneering a treatment process which will take... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.