Northumbrian and DCWW draft determinations to be published next week
Ofwat has announced that it will publish the draft determinations covering 2015-20 for Northumbrian Water and Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water (DCWW) on May 30. Earlier this month, the regulator said it would proceed with early draft determinations for the two companies after they had submitted revised business plans.
Northumbrian Water and DCWW were among the 16 companies that did not pre-qualify for enhanced status under the risk-based review.
The draft determinations for South West Water and Affinity Water, which have enhanced status, were published on April 30.
- Labour plans to re-nationalise water sector The Labour party plans to re-nationalise the UK water industry if it comes to power after the General Election on 8 June. Read More >
- Water firms can change non-domestic price controls, says Ofwat Water regulator Ofwat has given England's water companies the chance to state how they would like the competitive market... Read More >
- SWW delivers 'robust' operational performance, says Pennon The Pennon Group, which owns and operates both South West Water (SWW) and waste management firm Viridor, has published... Read More >
- Plastic pollution – what was the tipping point? Despite years of research, news stories concerning plastics and the pollution of the marine and water environment have... Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >
- Analysis: Assessing lane rental's pros and cons While lane rental may be popular with many, Robin Hackett hears why the majority of utilities and contractors are fiercely... Read More >
- Opinion: Action needed on product specifications and skills BPF Pipes Group president Derek Muckle calls for a basic engineering and procurement skillset to set the standard for what... Read More >
- Bioresource data leads to focus on sludge quality The recent publication of data about the quantity and quality of sludge produced at water company wastewater treatment... Read More >