Nijhuis buys Aquatic Water Services
Nijhuis Industries UK & Ireland is acquiring the business activities of Aquatic Water Services, based in south-west England, to complement its existing portfolio of services.
Aquatic Water Services, which will trade as Nijhuis Aquatic Water Services, is a scientific services business offering wastewater/water flow and load surveys, process evaluation and optimisation, effluent sampling and monitoring and plant operational capabilities.
The merger will give the enhanced ability to offer clients a complete start to finish turnkey water and wastewater treatment solution including flow and load evaluations, process designs and engineering solution builds, commissioning and after sales maintenance. This service would be further enhanced by scientific troubleshooting and remediation if process problems occur.
Tim Cunliffe, managing director of Nijhuis Industries UK & Ireland, said: “Aquatic has an excellent reputation and our two companies have had a long-standing relationship. The range of services will complement and strengthen the existing capabilities of the business, serving our customers across a variety of sectors.”
Adrian Caldwell, managing director of Aquatic Water Services, and who will continue to manage its day-to-day operations, said: “I have always had a high regard for the quality and customer focused approach of Nijhuis and I’m pleased to say that our companies have always worked well together. We have provided scientific support and wastewater treatment process evaluations to the business for over ten years. The merger is synergistic and will increase the capabilities, water and wastewater treatment experience and total offering of the combined business.”
Nijhuis Industries UK & Ireland is part of Dutch group Nijhuis Industries.
- Crypto contamination cause unknown, says Irish Water Irish Water has yet to identify what caused the cryptosporidium contamination at its Lough Mask Water Treatment Plant,... Read More >
- Irish Water officially opens Carrigtwohill treatment plant Irish Water's new wastewater treatment plant (WwTP) at Carrigtwohill, Co. Cork has officially opened. The contract for the... Read More >
- Southern Water's £63M Woolston WwTW project gets underway 4Delivery (4D), the consortium between Veolia, Costain and MWH, has started work on the £63M redevelopment of Southern... Read More >
- Top Tips for... System Totex With Ofwat's AMP6 reforms putting Totex at the centre of the investment planning process, applying this approach at inlet... Read More >
- Gasification of Sludge: Innovation in Action Yorkshire Water's advanced thermal conversion (ATC) gasification plant at Lower Brighouse WWTW has achieved a timely... Read More >
- The Next Generation of Sludge Dewatering The established equipment for dewatering sludge all comes with various pros and cons, but technology is now evolving for the... Read More >
- Nutrient imbalance in wastewater Keeping carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus in the right ratio can be a challenge at wastewater plants, but help is at hand Read More >
- Mayflower Treatment Works: Setting Sail for New Waters South West Water's new £60M Mayflower Water Treatment Works in Plymouth is pioneering a treatment process which will take... Read More >