Nijhuis buys Aquatic Water Services
Nijhuis Industries UK & Ireland is acquiring the business activities of Aquatic Water Services, based in south-west England, to complement its existing portfolio of services.
Aquatic Water Services, which will trade as Nijhuis Aquatic Water Services, is a scientific services business offering wastewater/water flow and load surveys, process evaluation and optimisation, effluent sampling and monitoring and plant operational capabilities.
The merger will give the enhanced ability to offer clients a complete start to finish turnkey water and wastewater treatment solution including flow and load evaluations, process designs and engineering solution builds, commissioning and after sales maintenance. This service would be further enhanced by scientific troubleshooting and remediation if process problems occur.
Tim Cunliffe, managing director of Nijhuis Industries UK & Ireland, said: “Aquatic has an excellent reputation and our two companies have had a long-standing relationship. The range of services will complement and strengthen the existing capabilities of the business, serving our customers across a variety of sectors.”
Adrian Caldwell, managing director of Aquatic Water Services, and who will continue to manage its day-to-day operations, said: “I have always had a high regard for the quality and customer focused approach of Nijhuis and I’m pleased to say that our companies have always worked well together. We have provided scientific support and wastewater treatment process evaluations to the business for over ten years. The merger is synergistic and will increase the capabilities, water and wastewater treatment experience and total offering of the combined business.”
Nijhuis Industries UK & Ireland is part of Dutch group Nijhuis Industries.
- Jacobs adds to water portfolio with CH2M Hill takeover US-based engineering group Jacobs is buying CH2M Hill Companies in a cash and stock deal worth about US$3.27bn... Read More >
- One million hours and no accidents at Blackburn Meadows Yorkshire Water's Blackburn Meadows wastewater treatment works is one of the safest construction sites in the region, with... Read More >
- New SEPA powers could mean hefty fines for Scottish businesses Business Stream has warned that a lack of understanding over how best to dispose of trade effluent could mean Scottish... Read More >
- Opinion: Why the EA needs to rethink its charges hike AD operators will have little time to adapt to the shock increase in charges proposed by the EA, writes Anaerobic... Read More >
- Top Tips for... chemical dosing Chemical dosing is a critical element of water and wastewater treatment, and while most users choose to invest in their... Read More >
- Top Tips for... System Totex With Ofwat's AMP6 reforms putting Totex at the centre of the investment planning process, applying this approach at inlet... Read More >
- Gasification of Sludge: Innovation in Action Yorkshire Water's advanced thermal conversion (ATC) gasification plant at Lower Brighouse WWTW has achieved a timely... Read More >
- The Next Generation of Sludge Dewatering The established equipment for dewatering sludge all comes with various pros and cons, but technology is now evolving for the... Read More >